psycraft - computech

euchkuh

I liked the album a lot... very danceable, lots of tricks and twists.

Can't see how this would make anyone puke, though. Maybe this album causes a bad reaction in those who have drunk too much alcohol? They should put a warning label on it!

It's now available on psyshop and yes, that opening song Dirtbag, sound terrible because of the cheesy lyrics! ("I'm a liar, set things on fire.") Wtf???

It sounds like some crappy Limp Bizkit song that never made the cut to Limp Bizkits 2003 most disappointing album to date. What the hell is a song like that doing as the opening song of Psycrafts new album?!?! It's a big turn-off. Stick to psytrance guys!!! This album could have started off with a cool downtempo sound before those cheesy lyrics began. There are like better ways to sell your music and get recogntion. IM has a huge name. You don't. Be original. And for the record, if you're gonna have singing, make it NOT CHEESY. Since when did singing like a country singer lyrics that go "I'm a Liar... I set things on fire" sound cool??? It sounds dated and what are we listening to, soft rock or psytrance? :unsure:

I think it's humorous how the paragraph for their album at psyshop says that the opening song (with lyrics) was mixed by none other than Infected Mushroom) lol.. like thats some amazing thing now that IM is becoming more of a joke to their original fans in general. IM's name sounds more infamous now than famous due to the controversial direction they've taken. If I was a psytrance artist, I don't know if I'd want to have IM's name attached to my album unless they really made it awesome, which the opening track IM supposedly mixed here, is anything but.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/hom/hom1cd045.html

Anyway, speaking of the actual psycraft - computech album. Track 9 (Night drive) also sounds cool with those chopped up female voices. I like how they cut the voices up and made it sound like a melody. Some of it (tracks 3, 6) sound darker and more aggressive like their previous album, NEW MOVES, which I unquestionably find their best album of the three and it's actually pretty good. I don't remember any singing on their last album. However this one I'm not so sure about. Many psytrancers will find the first song is a big turn-off, which is why I'm a bit surprised as to why they made a singing track their first song. Is it just me of is singing THAT popular in psytrance? I find it RARELY works. For example, The Moon track in TALPA is how to do it correctly.

If you can actually make it through the first track without setting yourself on fire, it doesn't sound bad -- after the first track. However, I don't think it sounds good either. Several tracks seem pretty cool, and thats just based on samples.

I do own their previous album NEW MOVES and I really like it. See samples for NEW MOVES below. The tone and feel is wild and darker on their last album. Some of the melodies were catchy, with several very creative moments, and the voice and fx samples I remember being chaotic and intense. I liked that very much on their last album and this one sounds more general, it's taking less risks, more full on, etc..

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/hom/hom1cd033.html

What the hell is a song like that doing as the opening song of Psycrafts new album?!?! It's a big turn-off.

i disagree, the lyrics may be cheesy, but the song in general is good.

i think it could fit better in the end, but it didnt disturb me to much.

p.s. imo this album is way better then new moves, that was a standard full on and purchasing it was a waste.

• 1 month later...

i disagree, it mey not be a very unique full on, but its not standard.

394190[/snapback]

I experienced it as standard too and nothing special

it's very subtle morning fullon and that's the kind of morning fullon I like

but still didn't like this one at all so :unsure:

Thanks Israel for confirming that all your established psytrance artists suck ass. In the rest of the world, we were wondering, but now we know. They all want to be pop stars. They all want to be a crisper version of the shitty new IM sound.

Buy this now.

Thanks Israel for confirming that all your established psytrance artists suck ass. In the rest of the world, we were wondering, but now we know. They all want to be pop stars. They all want to be a crisper version of the shitty new IM sound.

Buy this now.

432908[/snapback]

ure generalization is ridiculous