Positive Alchemists vol1 (Avigmatic)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

V/A Positive Alchemists vol1 (Avigmatic)

Tracklist:

1. Goma - Intelligent Solution 7'30

2. Digicult - Infection 5'52

3. Optokoppler - Spacetravel 8'05

4. Vibe Tribe - Zimba 6'57

5. Cyber Cartel - Always 6'31

6. Ananda Shake - Pressure 8'33

7. 4 WindsCircle vs Electic Universe -4Tune Circle 9'45

8. Avigmati - Password Request 7'42

9. Psynymph - Psycordia 7'17

10. Azriel - Akane Still Dreaming (remix 2005) 6'30

Avigmatic is a new french label from Villeurbanne (Lyon's suburb) led by Khetzal & Dj Chaï with a major goa flavour or at least melodic colorfull full-on orientation, as you can check half of the artists are newcomers.

Positive Alchemists vol1 is compiled by Dj Chaï & Khetzal, mastering done by Huby Sea & Vince (Ultimae crew).

1. Goma (Renato Schnyder from Switzerland) opens up with a morning full on tune in a quite close style from Tri-Force's album 'Entrance To Reality'. The musical journey couldn't get started nicer.

2.Digicult (Davy Piessens & Bert De Decker from Belgium) proposes something more goaish even if at first, it seems to sound more full on. I find out the bass, during the goa part (from 2'31) , to have a little something of E.B.M. which doesn't bother me.

3.Optokoppler (Oliver Schmidt & Tim Rüsken from Germany) launches the more fullonish part of the compilation, an energic one with a remix (a twisted guy voice in this version) of the famous spoken sample contained in Dancing Galaxy from Astral Projection at 4'50 "...The space extends life, the space expands the counsciousness, the space invites to space travelling..." . I do enjoy their album Replugged but here it lacks a bit of magic (results too much classic full on), as a result i feel some few frustration here. However I hope to listen to some new hits from them in a soon future.

Tracks 4 [Vibe Tribe (Stas Marnyanski & Elmar Ivatonorov from Israël]), 5 [Cyber Cartel (Vik Sheki aka Intergalactic from Israël)] & 6 [Ananda Shake (Osher Swissa & Lior Edri from Israël)] are typical Israeli Full On songs. You may like that or probaly consider this country has generated too many artists providing the same indigest & un-inventive formulas. I'm for the second option, although i must recognize that the Cyber Cartel's one is a bit nicer due to the hypersonic-funky influenced bassline.

7. 4 Winds Circle vs Electric Universe (Luca Szekely aka Dj Geza & Boris Blenn from Germany) deliver a long floating cosmic goa stuff. This collaboration is a success, this 4 Winds Circle/Dj Geza is someone which deserves to be looked after in the future. Obviously, Electric Universe should endoss a big part of responsibility in this production too as it's easy to catch several Boris's trademarks all alongTune Circle like his typical floating layers at the beginning or some more acid melodic part on the end.

8. Come-back to kicking goa sounds with Avigmati (Khetzal & Dj Chaï from France), i appreciate here the work on the rythmic with a changing kick tone which caught my attention. Another thing has drawn it also, at 1"20 it's the saple of a woman saying 'are you talking to me?". So officially here i asked for the remix of Password Request with this time the correct sample ;), i mean the José Garcia's (french actor) one saying the same thing with the add of 'you fucked my wife?" & keep the laugh answer of course :lol: .

9.Psynimph (Hans & Brice aka oLOvonborg & Skysurfer from Germany & France) with Psycordia evoluates between fullonish-goa with shrill riffs from 1'40 & more fairy like moments such as at 2'50 , some ideas for the construction but still lacks something. I consider that these guys still posses a progression margin, let's see with the next productions.

10. Azriel (David Lebossé from Canada) closes up on a softer goa tune in a midtempo. The particularity of the song is the slighty sour lead played in a way (during his solo break at 4'10) that makes me thing the melody comes out from a violin, probably coz of the following of spinning around arpeggios.

Globally , a good compilition if you don't have anything against a current Goa revival obviously.

With Positive Alchemists vol1 let's just say: Welcome to Avigmatic records & Goa Is Not Dead!

Favorites:1,2,7,8,10

7,5/10

• 11 years later...

BVzpfBH.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Positive Alchemists Vol. 1

Label: Avigmatic Records

Date: November, 2005

1. Goma - Intelligent Solution 7'30
2. Digicult - Infection 5'52
3. Optokoppler - Spacetravel 8'05
4. Vibe Tribe - Zimba 6'57
5. Cyber Cartel - Always 6'31
6. Ananda Shake - Pressure 8'33
7. 4 WindsCircle vs Electic Universe - 4Tune Circle 9'45
8. Avigmati - Password Request 7'42
9. Psynymph - Psycordia 7'17
10. Azriel - Akane Still Dreaming (remix 2005) 6'30

VPxW5Ss.gif

Ahhh....memories.  Back before the goa trance resurgence this melodic compilation struck all the right chords with me.  Hell, I even thought the colorful album art looked good.  There's a lot going on there.  Pixies with butterfly wings, a naked chick, and lots of colors.  Compiled by a then unknown Khetzal and a still unknown DJ Chai this was full-on with a very strong goa flavor.  Intelligent Solutions still sounds fresh today with it's many layers.   Infection from Digicult has a very bouncy goa melody that has me imagining the beach in 1997.  I sprt pf enjoyed 4 Tune Circle even though it took forever to get where it was going.  Even the regular full-on like  Spacetravel  and Zimba has a shiny glow about it.  It's still f iller, but at least it's shiny filler.

Alas it hasn't really stood the test of time.  There is just too much mediocrity here for this to have any long lasting value.