Swan X-1 :: we're back! 9 tracks :)

Xamanist

Hello people

We have finished mastering our tracks, and so we are off to show them to the trance world :)

2 full tracks and 7 demos are available here:

Swan X-1 website -> Music

Check them out! The demos are long and cover the whole song, including the ending, but with some fades.

The full tracks are a gift enjoy... :)

and comment :D

Boom

Serguei

"Self Control"

Some really nice ambience here. Absolutely trippy sound with lots of filter sweeps, I have to say I really dig it. The only improvement I'd make is adding a better kick. The one used right now is really weak and it being pushed away by other sounds' frequencies.

"Xms"

I see a much more minimal/prog approach here. And I have to say youre doing it very well. Awesome percussion.

"Fullmoon"

Very trippy tune. The sounds just fit extremely well together. Good use of the stereo spectrum. Loving 3:05 ... awesome deep, dark and trippy stuff. Youre getting better and better.

"Rne"

Has some kind of morbid atmosphere inside. Again I completely dig the percussion here. And the ambience is just WOW. Probably my new personal favorite of you. Great FX and synthwork. The lead starting in the end is magical. I think this is one track I can really get lost into.

I've given my opinion on the previous 5 tunes already ;)

Overall, I can hear you improved your sound quite a bit. My criticism on your previous tunes is now obsolete. Extremely sweet new tunes. Keep it up :)

Like your stuff man. Lots of very creative sound in use. Only piont I would make is to keep and eye/ear on you bass and kick not meeting each other. I've been working on this alot lately and it's really pays of to focus on this alot. There is a good thread about this on isratrance

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...c/53266/forum/2

Your not having any real probs with this at the moment but I think things would get even better when you have applied these techneques to your stuff. All in all though you music is sounding cool. :D

• 4 weeks later...

10x for the comments!

Some of the demos were arranged a bit and they sound even better now.

Anybody care to leave a review?

I would really love to know what you think!

If you don't have time or are too lazy, just download the full tracks :)

boom

I only listened to the full tracks here, but here are my thoughts as I listen on the fly...

Matchu:

Generally a good intro. I might have put some reverb on the solo kick thumps, but that's just me. I also think I hear some compression pumping at 1:34 when the crash comes in. I dig the old school nature of the sound selection in general. I swear I've heard some additional compression pumping a couple more times at various points. I dig the change up at 2:53 a lot here. 5 minutes in some of the leads here seem a bit buried in the mix. That is to say, the leads I'd like to hear more of seem a bit low, while others are definately fairly forward. I'm also starting to think the kick is a hair too heavy in the mix and one of the reasons for the pumping I am hearing every so often. The bass sound I wasn't to keen on at first, bit once the track gets going it fits in well. End result. I like a lot of the sounds and the general flow. If this were my track I'd take another shot at mixing it down.

Ritual:

I like this intro a lot more than the previous track. It seems to gel better for me. As was mentioned before, there seems to be some kick/bass mis-match. I used to (?) have a lot of trouble with getting my bass tuned in to my kicks as well, so I understand the difficultly here. 2:41 and I'm enjoying the sound-scapes. I nice mix of leads and just weird noises. The low end synth line here isn't exactly my thing, but taste is taste.

The distorted flyby type stuff I really dig. The 4:13-ish clean high end synthline with the heavy delay I dig. 4:50-ish guitar part I'm not so sure about. One simple because i am leary of guitar parts and two because it is pretty buried in the mix. I might like it more if i could hear it more clearly. 6:01, things are moving along nicely here. Also I haven't noticed any compressor pumping on the mix in this track so I'm pretty sure it was a mixdown/mastering issue on the last track. From here on out I enjoyed the track a lot. I think this is the better of the two I listened to here.

Ending thoughts: as was mentioned before, work on getting your kick and bass a bit more tuned into each other. I'd also work on fine tuning some levels of various parts during mixdown. Elsewise good work. :)

many many thanks Jikkenteki for all the attention and care you gave to your review!

Very important comments that you made, we will check it out with full attention! 10x man :)

i must agree with what you said about the tracks and i'm going to review them with good care

any more reviews guys?

boom