New Freq- Ive heard it

GaySatanicHippie

Last Saturday I went to a party here in Berlin and Montagu&Golkonda, the guys behind Symphonix, were playing an awesome tune that I heard at all the summer festivals. So I went up to them to ask what it was, and they said "Its new Freq". And I still have that track in my head, its slow, groving, pounding, typical freqstyle production and synths, if its any indication of Freqs new album (maybe its not even from the album, but some other new freq), we really have something to look forward to. I cant wait!!!

Last Saturday I went to a party here in Berlin.....

Haha! So you DO remember something from that night. ;)

But anyways....

New FREq - fuck yeah! That is one producer I never get tired of. I know he tends to copy himself (ie, as you said "typical freqstyle production and synths"), but he has such a fantastic sound that I can't complain too much.

Haha!  So you DO remember something from that night. ;)

But anyways....

New FREq - fuck yeah!  That is one producer I never get tired of.  I know he tends to copy himself (ie, as you said "typical freqstyle production and synths"), but he has such a fantastic sound that I can't complain too much.

392807[/snapback]

that was still very early, right after we got there, remember when we werestanding at the bar and i went to ask the DJ for the trackname. anyeways, that track has been poppibg uo in my head ever since vthat night, its awesome, freq can never be wrong.!

freq like never scored with me allthough when I listen to it I recognize it's very intillgent and well done progressive...

but the atmosphere is not my style...

I always feel weird when I listen to that cd :blink:

Haha!  So you DO remember something from that night. ;)

But anyways....

New FREq - fuck yeah!  That is one producer I never get tired of.  I know he tends to copy himself (ie, as you said "typical freqstyle production and synths"), but he has such a fantastic sound that I can't complain too much.

392807[/snapback]

word :D

new freq.. well, I would like to hear it.. but I hope he changed a bit more.. for example, set 6 in iboga is quite boring imo...

in the 2004 summer he was great, one of the tops of the moment.. short but very good live in voov.. Then I bought his cd, digged it for sure.. Nice stuff, progressive party stormers... but then all the tracks in compilations started being exactly the same...

but since his productions are very well made, he has the skills, I will always check out what he releases... hopefully he will change at least a bit his style, some inovations, unexpected moments in tracks, and then its good :)

FREq's first appearances on the psychedelic scene was "Wasp" and "Monochrome" (both released on Exotic Native) - they where both bellow 130 BPM, and are today still among my favourite productions from FREq.

Something I noticed after the "Strange Attractors" album was that he started to speed up some of his tunes to around 140 BPM, and while these tunes wheren't downright bad, I think they stand out as some of his most mediocre releases. I prefer his slower tunes - they fit better to his sound, and are generally much deeper and more engaging. So to me it's pretty good that it seems like he started slowing things down again lately :)

• 2 months later...

YES!!!!YES!!!!YES!!!!! I finally found out what track it is!!! It's called Avatar and its on the Labyrinth essential mix CD thats being released on Liquid Souls new label.

You can listen to it here .

I feel so relieved, Ive had this track in my head ever since last summer!! OH JOY!!! Freq at his very best :D

Avatar's cool indeed,but i can confirm his newer stuff is even slightly better.

He has 2 tracks called DREAMSCAPE and GLOBE(both 135 me thinks) which are both awsome and epic.

Probably due out on the new album.

484059[/snapback]

SWEET!!!

For now I'm happy with Avatar, like I said that track has been spooking around my head for months, you probably all know the feeling when a track really blows you away at a party when youre really fucked up, and then you cant get it out of your head, and then when you finally hear it again somewhere, its like an epiphany and all the memories and feelings from the original party when you first heard it flood back into your brain. :D

The first and most intense time I had that happening was Atmos "The only Process", when I first heard it was one of the first times I did E and I had that weird sample stuck in my head in an eternal loop, I was even dreaming about it constantly. Then when I found the record in a store and realized it was the track I was looking for for months, it was like a really intense orgasm, i had goosebumps all over my body, my eyes got wet etc...oh well, maybe im just weird.

I absolutely know this feeling (but I don't really dig that track from the sample ;) )! I once had a track on an old mixtape with a very wicked acidline. I fell in love with that track after the first hearing but I knew there is no chance of getting a tracklist or anything. So no track for me. :angry: Some months later I received a pack of vinyls from Ebay, switched through the tracks and there it was, Bassline Baby - Altered State, my track form the tape. Accidentaly bought over Ebay, PWNS!! Same happened to me with a track I've heard in a DJ set from Eyal Yankovich years ago, Xerox - In My Brain. It's the best feeling ever to find tracks this way.

YES!!!!YES!!!!YES!!!!! I finally found out what track it is!!! It's called Avatar and its on the Labyrinth essential mix CD thats being released on Liquid Souls new label.

You can listen to it here .

I feel so relieved, Ive had this track in my head ever since last summer!! OH JOY!!! Freq at his very best  :D

484024[/snapback]

Hey, that is nice stuff! I like the groove that comes with it ... nice, nice :)

Always kinda liked Freq ... this is no exception!