MAKYO

RTP

Yes :)

Makyo is one of the best artists for chilled music I know at the moment. I love the warm sounds, it's neither too epic nor too organic nor too melodic, it's nice warm synthesizers with some natural-sounding beat and all that somewhat packed into an arabic-like theme.

I LOVE THIS :wub:

I love the cosy and warm and beautiful sounds, it's so wonderfully calm and relaxing and yet not too calm, it's the ideal music for painting, it puts me into a really appreciable relaxed and a little bit trancy meditative state of mind, I absolutely love it. Wonderful stuff.

My favourite songs are Vismaya, Soar Angelic (:wub:), Suzhou River and Devadasi (In Dub) ... but I must say that I don't know anything bad of Makyo.

And well, now I come here to ask if you know something similar to this. You know, I absolutely love this warm cosy non-disturbing sound (even my friends, who until now hated nearly everything I played to them, like it!) and the calm atmosphere ... I want something with a somewhat similar sound that can bring me in the same states of mind!

I only know Padmasana that hits somehow the same spot - but that only because Makyo is in it too - their song Be Where Now could almost be from Makyo himself...

So ... has anybody recommendations for me? Please! :)

Guest The Journey Man Project

if you got to www.dakinirecords.com and send them an email they'll be more than happy to make suggestions... I'd say you'd enjoy Toires - "Majamar" as well...

Makyo is really unique, and I love their style also... Specially the Yakshini album is fantastic...

I would you suggest to check out Ambient Meditations 1 and 3 on Return To The Source records, the same style of tribal, eastern influenced soft ambient :)

Makyo is really unique, and I love their style also...

391963[/snapback]

Should be his style, seeing as it is one person, Gio, who also runs Dakin Records and Dakini Nights...

Here is a list of artits he sent me to check out, mostly Japanese... couldn't find them anywhere but on discogs, and then Gio emailed me a shop in Japan for which I"m sure to visit when I go there next year cozhe said it has all the rare chillout...

The is a bit small but:

Blast Head

Buddhastick Transparent

Ochi bros

Calm

Asa-chang

Jun-ray

oh, Japan ... that is a bit dumb because I don't plan to go there soon :(

But still there is hope: a friend of mine eventually plans a trip there in summer, so maybe he could bring me something?

Do you know where the shop is?

oh, Japan ... that is a bit dumb because I don't plan to go there soon :(

But still there is hope: a friend of mine eventually plans a trip there in summer, so maybe he could bring me something?

Do you know where the shop is?

392075[/snapback]

Well I"ll be living there from Febuary next year and will probably be buiying trading on here or ebay international... until then the shop is:

Global Chillage @ Namikibashi, Shibuya => shopping district in Tokyo

Edited by The Journey Man

Makyo is really unique, and I love their style also... Specially the Yakshini album is fantastic...

I would you suggest to check out Ambient Meditations 1 and 3 on Return To The Source records, the same style of tribal, eastern influenced soft ambient :)

391963[/snapback]

héhé I do like his music too. Did you heard his last album ?

Well I"ll be living there from Febuary next year and will probably be buiying trading on here or ebay international... until then the shop is:

Global Chillage @ Namikibashi, Shibuya => shopping district in Tokyo

392344[/snapback]

Even Tower Records in Shibuya has a really good selection of trance and chilled stuff :ph34r:

Thanks for the info, Journeyman and Abasio :)

I think it could be possible my friend could get me some stuff from there as I'm very sure he'll visit Tokyo and also that district (though he's not a friend of shopping districts ... <_< )...

and thanks, Prosect, I'll check Jaramji out :)