Review Requests

Maxx

The only thing I didn't like were the generic (samples of) drums in 1st track

Good ear there ;)

I find that you heard it "generic" because of quantizing those rhytms, whole track was handplayed through keyboards, via very good Reason sampler. Not all samples are up to "real world instruments" obviouslly ;)

We lack time, money, space and gear to do this "properly" - we´ve had idea to record something with whole female choir here in Sisak, but it was just not possible. We have to go to Studio Veles in Rijeka where our friends from Svarica band have all the goodies just for the occasion of recording some Balkan materials :P:)

• 1 month later...

Good. :) And please, be honest and as nit-picky as possible. :) We're no drama queens. ;)

We want to hear what works, what doesn't, as there is always room for improvement, especially since there will be a third part in some time to wrap up the trilogy... plus some other release in-between too.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No offence but I do not get it. At the age of the internet why do you need someone else's opinion? You can just go online and find out by yourself whether you like it or not.

For hard to find/old releases I understand but that's about it.

No offence but I do not get it. At the age of the internet why do you need someone else's opinion? You can just go online and find out by yourself whether you like it or not.

I request it because I can't put emotions to words as some others over here can & also I know shit about technicalities and other inside stories ( too far from Europe)

To me, It's like reading a news article. I will know the news but I would definitely like my favourite author/columnist to write about it. It's the way that is presented also matters. Coming to review, I like reading T2MU's review of shitty albums & I also like the geeky reviews of Antic, they inspire me to know more of the music I like. I will leave it to Mr.Anarchy to answer the crux of your question :D

On topic, Antic do write a review of Kurbeats album when you can. That thread definitely needs more reviews.

• Like 3

Personally, I read a lot of reviews for albums I own & listened (sometime, even for years) just out of curiosity - what other people think, what they like & dislike, what draws their attention and what emotions they get from it.

It's not to validate my own opinion, but just to better understand my taste in relation to others, e.g. because we exchanged our thought on various albums I know that @recursionloop also likes good full-on, but his preference is skewed more towards the melodic and prog styles, so our tastes overlap with Dacru Rec., but he's more into Nano Rec., while I gravitate towards Wildthings Rec. / Bom Shanka Rec. :)

• 2 months later...

i really like the idea of a poll included in the review section, even if it's sometimes only few votes, it gives an additional perspective and option for lazy writers.

that said it's a pity that a lot of the most discussed releases 2016 have no poll. i would support a lil bit more engagement from the topic starters or reviewing guidelines

• 1 year later...

Is anyone interested to do proper review of new Lectro Spektral Daze album? We will gladly send download code for digital version + CD after it's released. Oh, and review will be published on our website and author will be credited!

Let us know!

Thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...

Nangijala - Fermented behavior

Finally a good psychedelic album this year :) what an amazing 8 track journey . the irony is the title track is the weakest imo :P 

On 14/02/2018 at 2:00 AM, Neogoa Records said:

Is anyone interested to do proper review of new Lectro Spektral Daze album? We will gladly send download code for digital version + CD after it's released. Oh, and review will be published on our website and author will be credited!

Let us know!

Thank you :)

Ive been meaning to do one, just waiting to see if anyone else wants to beat me to it

• Thanks 1

We are open to bloggers and passionate psychedelic listeners and writers to submit their review titles, and those to be approved are going to be published in our magazine. 

As for the record labels, we are open to your submissions for premieres, reviews and more.

Contact us for more at: contact@orbmag.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm already way behind on two albums I have to review out of promise. Anyway ...

tsotsi or someone, I wouldn't mind someone reviewing this Single release:
https://kaliearth.bandcamp.com/album/love-magic-master-xxpsy-systems
Use code in checkout to get heavy discount: PSYMEUS - or ask me for the files!

(--)