Please recommend me stuff like Matenda

Tatsu

After I found Manylion - Toxic to be one hell of a good album I asked for some recommendations in a similar style. One of the albums that got mentioned was Matenda - Tunnel Vision. I have to say now I like this even more than the Mandylion album. It's more on the proggy groovy site but still not really prog. I don't know much about this section of psy since I mainly listen to full-on, old-school and similar melodic stuff. One albul I allready own is the Mad Contrabender album, it's also very good. So, any more recommendations for me to check out?

I allready have the Electric Roundabout album by Human Blue. Somehow it didn't really please me but it's been some time since I gave it a try. I think I will relisten to it again, maybe it's more my style right now.

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

I 've got 2 nice Matenda's tunes on compilations:

-Fantasia on Israeli Flip onHenfield (usta) but be carefull the rest isn't at all in the same style <_< even there's some nice prod

-Great Human on Planet Goa 5 (not that much goa but very electic indeed with major part of proggy or morning tracks like Ouija,El ray vs Klangstrahler,Mos, dj Tomtron & examino, Tarsis, Tobias & Daniel Sun, Trancefeld vs n-tonal,Necton)

I'll check that Planet Goa 5 out when I get the opportunity. What about other releases from Flow (the label on which the Matenda album is out), does it have similar releases or just the ordinary prog?

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

in the morning-prog area.

I think about Lish - Free Fall (Com.pact), on Flow there's Yotopia but i just know the track done with Lish; so i can't affirm if they're morning-prog or just prog.

On this, i think Pr0fane could be helpful :)

I allready have the Lish album, it's a bit more housy from what I remember, but in a way I like. Anyway, I stoped listening to Matenda and put in Lish... :)

I love Matenda :wub:

If you like Tunnel Vision you should check out his first album, Energy Loader. I actually don't like Tunnel Vision as much as the tracks I know from Energy Loader (don't know the complete album unfortunately ... it's on my wishlist though) ... they are more melodic ... Tunnel Vision was too proggy or somewhat, the only tracks I really love are the first one and Novo Jutro...

Also BE SURE to check out Chilling Matenda, his chillout project ... and also in this case I find the first album much better than the second!

More melodic sounds good! :) I'll also give it a try. I'm not that much into chill-out but I'll recommend the Chilling Matenda album to my gf. She really likes ambient and stuff so it might suit her.

Btw. the Lish album really is great! It's been some time since I last heard it but it's great!

If Matenda is something you like, I'd advice you to check out 12 Moons (from Sweden as well).

Both are really good stuff, especially when you can choose whether to dance or to just listen :).

Worth checking out is also pretty much the whole Midijum Records catalogue, they've released a lot of good material too.

Ok, I'll check out 12 Moons. Any special track or album you can recommend me? I have a 12 Moons vinyl from Dragonfly Records, need to dig that out I think...

Ok, I'll check out 12 Moons. Any special track or album you can recommend me? I have a 12 Moons vinyl from Dragonfly Records, need to dig that out I think...

391093[/snapback]

2 tracks from 12 Moons stand out as the classics:

Sliding Particles (from V/A - Order Odonata Vol. 5 - Dragonfly Rec.)

The Circle Movement (from V/A - Night & Day - Transient Rec.)

On a second tier from him are a couple more....

Nimbus (from a 12" and also the Touchin' Bass comp on Dragonfly Rec.)

Beacon (from V/A - A Better Life Through Chemistry - Dragonfly Rec.)

The album was also really cool as pr0fane mentioned. If I remember correctly, "Ananokki" was my favorite track off of that one.

The samples on Saikosounds didn't really move me. But maybe I'm just not in the right mood for progressive right now. I'll look for it at the shop and give it another try.

If Matenda is something you like, I'd advice you to check out 12 Moons (from Sweden as well).

391090[/snapback]

uh oh ... my gosh ... me = f*kknultraidiot;

I even have the 12 Moons album.

And I thought "wait, I think I have forgotten something" ... hell, 12 Moons is my third favourite scando trance artist and I forget it. How can I?

*head shot*

But really, this I would recommend! ESPECIALLY the Solid State album ... first and sixth tracks sound very Matenda-ish to me. And overall there is no bad track on the album - except that I don't like the calm part before the last track, this distracts a bit when I'm running to this album. Yep, running to it is absolutely great because the bpm is not too fast, it's ideal for running in the snow under the sun!

YAY!

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Suddenly something come across my head: Element with their 3 albums Transform (Novatekk), Full Moon (Spirit Zone) & obviously their last recently released Alteration on Avalanche :)

The first Element album is allready on my wish-list, but it's good to see that I'm right about it... :)

I know about the singer, it's not something that bothers me. Well, at least not when I like his voice. :)