New Simon Posford interview @ Doof Central

Trolsk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, and here is it

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=30UIDY7...QU1UMG6WLLA4L8T

I´am not god and of course don´t want be him, i´am only a person but i rally get sick because we have 2005 and the artists produce noises instead of music in my opnion!

388445[/snapback]

downloading atm.

ohhhhhhh yeah NEWSFLASH!electronic music appeared because all music theories were explored,so there was only the non-musical theories to dig in.Edgar Varase,Raymond Scott...pionners of electronic music...50's...oldschool enough for you? so,electronic music was originally a bunch of noises.that's why i don't criticize,cuz it's even more oldschool than "music" in E. M.

of course we are talking about psytrance.i like melodies too,but noises and experimental sound synthesis are musical as arpeggios or so.you really need to expand your mind ;)

downloading atm.

ohhhhhhh yeah NEWSFLASH!electronic music appeared because all music theories were explored,so there was only the non-musical theories to dig in.Edgar Varase,Raymond Scott...pionners of electronic music...50's...oldschool enough for you? so,electronic music was originally a bunch of noises.that's why i don't criticize,cuz it's even more oldschool than "music" in E. M.

388460[/snapback]

I don´t understand at all what you mean, if you had listened the track can you tell me your opinion?

I don´t understand at all what you mean, if you had listened the track can you tell me your opinion?

388462[/snapback]

i tried to say that noises can be also musical...well forget it.go get a DVD called Modulations,you will understand what i tried to mean.i'm gonna listen to the track once it is finished,my connection is damn slow today

@ Journey Man & Slyman604:

It's just his way of making music. Making music is about having fun. How you make it doesn't matter. Neither do all the things you do besides that. Why should he be constantly in front of his computer/gear?

And how would you react if he says that he did this all the time before he started to make a track for his previous Hallucinogen-albums? Don't be too hard on the man, would you? ;)

And what's up with that nipple piercing? :lol:

ok here's my opinion

the track is cooler than i was expecting,i'm behing honest now ;) it has for sure driving melodies and a very goa-ish and "oldschool" vibe.good production i must say.the 909 kind-of drums makes it even more enjoyable when they kick in.all in all a good track wich made me listen more than 1 time.

see? i've made an effort to project your ideas and listen to the track according to them...i could give like 100 negative factors towards your track if i only focused on my own point of view and personal tastes,but i didn't and i will not.

you should do this before posting most of the times ;)

btw,cool track name :) any special meaning?

ok here's my opinion

the track is cooler than i was expecting,i'm behing honest now ;) it has for sure driving melodies and a very goa-ish and "oldschool" vibe.good production i must say.the 909 kind-of drums makes it even more enjoyable when they kick in.all in all a good track wich made me listen more than 1 time.

see? i've made an effort to project your ideas and listen to the track according to them...i could give like 100 negative factors towards your track if i only focused on my own point of view and personal tastes,but i didn't and i will not.

you should do this before posting most of the times ;)

btw,cool track name :) any special meaning?

388499[/snapback]

I have give the track this name because it remembers me on the summer 2004 in that i had have great feelings like love etc. I alzo think that the track gives generally summerfeelings becase the synths and the melodie, does it?

I have give the track this name because it remembers me on the summer 2004 in that i had have great feelings like love etc. I alzo think that the track gives generally summerfeelings becase the synths and the melodie, does it?

388517[/snapback]

oh i see...yeah kind-of...well i can't give you an exact answer on that cuz i hate summer and heat,plus i make noisy dark psy and i worship satan,so love is not my best :P (j/k ;) )

i'll say do it like this: upload some tracks and post them in the music making section,you will get a much better feedback i believe ;) we went off topic anyways,but it's good thing if we stop it now :)

"And how would you react if he says that he did this all the time before he started to make a track for his previous Hallucinogen-albums? Don't be too hard on the man, would you?"

yea but thats just the point, of course he didnt. It would be one thing if they took breaks to play video games and winner GETS to make music, not the loser goes and has to make music. I assume that comment was tongue in cheek but then again i really dont know. That is how it sounds to me and im no simon basher(shit, im sitting here right now with my old school twisted records tshirt on)

oh i see...yeah kind-of...well i can't give you an exact answer on that cuz i hate summer and heat,plus i make noisy dark psy and i worship satan,so love is not my best :P (j/k ;) )

i'll say do it like this: upload some tracks and post them in the music making section,you will get a much better feedback i believe ;) we went off topic anyways,but it's good thing if we stop it now :)

388525[/snapback]

I don´t want put my music here in the musikmacing section because i wouldn´t get replies. Only a few guys spend their time there.

Wow, seems like he's really into his musis :lol: Prefer to sit on the couch? Fuck it man then don't produce!! No wonder his music has gone shit, he can;t be fucked making it any more!! At least he is honest, I reckon 99% of the psy trance world is like this now...

387216[/snapback]

...to crap on and say such nasty things is just wrong. If you bother to explore this scene, you'll come to undertsand that there is little of your bashing going on between the artists and dj'set. Grow up a bit and come back...

387216[/snapback]

Oh the fucking irony... :lol:

Yeah, it is somewhat disheartening that Nothing Lasts... is the last Shpongle album but looking on the bright side he's now free to concentrate his great talent on new developments and who's to say it won't top his Hallucinogen and Shpongle projects?

Yes, but Shpongle was always meant to be a trilogy.

394348[/snapback]

I've been a Shpongle fan ever since Rumours of Vapour on TIP's Infinite Excursions compilation and I can't recall I've ever heard Simon Posford or Raja Ram (or anyone else for that matter) state that Shpongle should only be a album trilogy (I know that's what they're saying now). Why exactly was Shpongle only meant to be a trilogy, are there any facts out there, or maybe rumours?

Wow, seems like he's really into his musis :lol: Prefer to sit on the couch? Fuck it man then don't produce!! No wonder his music has gone shit, he can;t be fucked making it any more!! At least he is honest, I reckon 99% of the psy trance world is like this now...

387216[/snapback]

So how many people can operate your computer simultaneously?

I can't recall I've ever heard Simon Posford or Raja Ram (or anyone else for that matter) state that Shpongle should only be a album trilogy (I know that's what they're saying now).

394718[/snapback]

Well they have also done the remixes, and the boxset with unreleased stuff... ;)

Why exactly was Shpongle only meant to be a trilogy, are there any facts out there, or maybe rumours?

394718[/snapback]

Read the interview?

The interview doesn't answer the question...

394896[/snapback]

Interviewer: "Moving on to Shpongle. we heard somewhere that the latest album, 'Nothing Lasts.. but Nothing is Lost', was to be the last album by Shpongle. Please tell us this isn't true!?"

Simon: "It was always a trilogy. It was conceived this way. The title describes the journey and we thank Terrance for the inspiration. We did a remix and we have alternative unreleased versions. this could conceivable turn into other releases. I think it is safe to say that it was the last shpongle studio album."