MFG - Smiling Faces

Time_Trap

This track is pretty good, it has fullon elements but far not so much like all other fullon, it sounds much more psychedelic instead fullon, Astral Projection should take an example of that because both are the most popular groups in Israel and have track stogether. I have read on Isratrance that Mfg will release a new album next time, i hope they make a psychedelic album like New kind of world and kick so astral projection´s asses :D . And if they really will release a psychedelic album most astral fans that love mfg alzo would become fans of mfg because we all know that astral proejction dissapoint more with every new track.

This track was available for a free download @ HOMmega.

The track was actually released two months ago here but named Shining Faces.

Strange you haven't seen it... there was also a thread here about this track.

386191[/snapback]

ahh yes i remember that one but i was a bit too late and hadnt managed to dload it from hommega...

ahh yes i remember that one but i was a bit too late and hadnt managed to dload it from hommega...

386209[/snapback]

Can we donwload this track anywhere else or is this only avaliable on warez filesharing?

released? unreleased? Dont know, came across this at dc++.

it's full-onish ...  :(  :(  :(

of course there are some niceeee mfg melodies/fx and it's much better than your average fullon but that basslinee....argghh  :unsure:  :unsure:

386186[/snapback]

Look at this Various Artists : Whitelabel Republic, on this compilation the track hasn´t the bassline like smilling faces, all other is the same but the bassline and the kic are mfg style not standart fullon style. Maybe they have give the smilling faces to download and have read the previews of it and after that they have changed the bassline and the drums.

well, mfg of that time (97 98 99) was indeed THE full on for that period. :)

390039[/snapback]

True! Full on doesn't have to be generic and predictable, even though the full on sound of today has become just that. That's why we should keep in mind that there's a difference between full on and neo full on, or to keep it simple, a difference between the full on of the past and the full on of the present.

A few years X-dream's 16th note bassline got overused just as the neo full on bassline is overused now, but that doesn't mean something is automatically bad just because it's using the bassline we all love to hate.

An injection of the old full on of MFG might just be what the present full on needs.

I don´t want difer mfg´s music comparing with other oldschool psytrance, i think the album New kind of world don´t sound fulon at all and the album Project Genesis or something don´t sound like fullon, too. Fullon is bad quality trance without mastering in my opinion.

I don´t want difer mfg´s music comparing with other oldschool psytrance, i think the album New kind of world don´t sound fulon at all and the album Project Genesis or something don´t sound like fullon, too. Fullon is bad quality trance without mastering in my opinion.

390152[/snapback]

I dont think full-on has a stable relation with "bad mastering".

Thats not true

Full-on has more to do with a constructive formula that the music atempts. In fact, many of the most clear professional production ( in terms of EQ and mastering) is in the hands of the most popular full-on artists.

Money buys mastering quality, but doesnt make good composions indeed :)

well, mfg of that time (97 98 99) was indeed THE full on for that period. :)

390039[/snapback]

you are absolutely right about that but with my statement I ment the typical fullonish we experience todday ;)