Albums battle: new Ticon vs. new Phony Orphants

moni

Yes people.

Let's have a small battle. Why not.

We have two good progressive trance new releases.

Phony Orphants - It'Cetra and Ticon - Zero Six After.

Both are good, both have been hyped, both have not failed to please us.

Which one do you like better?

This poll comes as an interest in your personal taste.

So yes, it's a matter of personal taste. Nothing more.

I'm inviting you to go ahead, vote and discuss if you please.

:)

Let me start with that I voted Phony Orphants. Of course this is my personal taste, and I can see that a lot of people will vote Ticon.

Now, why did I vote PO? Well, simply for the fact that they really amazed me with their latest album. The sound is very good, the tracks have a lot of variation, and they bring out the best of many genres.

Why did I (A major Ticon Fan) not vote for Ticon? Well, because the new album didnt really impress me that much. Now, from a producing standpoint, its very good, near to perfect. But the tracks, and the variation, is very... The same.

I guess I expected it to beat Aero, and thats probably where it failed, because Aero is one hell of a hard album to beat.

Now, I like the new Ticon very much, but it lacks something.... Maybe the funk of Ticon?! I dont know, I will listen some more to it. But I stand fast, PO is in MY opinion the better album.

Yes people.

Let's have a small battle. Why not.

We have two good progressive trance new releases.

Phony Orphants - It'Cetra and Ticon - Zero Six After.

Both are good, both have been hyped, both have not failed to please us.

Which one do you like better?

This poll comes as an interest in your personal taste.

So yes, it's a matter of personal taste. Nothing more.

I'm inviting you to go ahead, vote and discuss if you please.

:)

386165[/snapback]

i dont have any of them... :( wich one do you think is the best moni?

cant decide.. neither of them is perfect, but both of them have some excellent tracks...

Ticon

I must say that i have not listened nearly as much to the Phony Elephants as Ticon's new album.

Maybe it wil grow on me when i listen to it more.. but at this time Ticon beats the Phony Elephants hands down.

Also i have freaked out on Mellers albums, something is seriously wrong with me. I really didn't care that much for progressive before. But something snapped in me some days ago! :o

Tox don't mess with my poll :D

kidding. i'll check Element out. though i've been hearing too much prog lately, i'm afraid i'm gonna get sick of it soon ...

right now i'm also singing Seelenluft - Manilla ..

"And i started to dance .. without wearing no seat belts .. and i started to dance .. without wearing no safety vest.."

prog everywhere!

I thought that I would prefer Phony Orphants, but I found myself choosing Ticon even though some of his tracks are a bit iffy...

I also did a back to back comparison between Phony Orphants and Beat Bizarre's latest release, and I ended up thinking the latter was also superior.

Pedro

funny how lots of ppl talk bout beat bizarre recently.. but I cant seem to like their stuff, specially the later ones... I guess I dont like the ´psy´ influences, if you know what I mean

Only just got my grubby mittens on the new Ticon album....I put one track on and my initial thought was 'mmmm different'. I need to give the whole album a good listening to. Give me a few days, then I'll try and make a decision. But you must understand that I am somewhat challenged in the decision-making department.

:D

I don't think they can be compared. Ticon's music has a much better flow than Phony Orphants, and a more danceable sound, but I think that Phony Orphants' sound is much more experimenting, and It´Cetra has some Zero Six After doesn't have and the opposit. I think it is hard to compare these two albums..