Hong Kong

Sick Bastard

Hi there. Next friday i'll be travelling to Hong Kong so I would like to get some information about everything! I'm really excited because it's the first time i've been to Asia :)

How is the weather during November / December, nightlife, chinese people, customs, interesting places to visit (loads of them for sure)... well, everything i should know.

All the information is very welcome! Thank you veeery much.

PD: Moderators, i'm not sure if this thread it's ok in this forum, but Asia section on travel talk forum it's only for party announcements, or that's what i understood at least.

PD: Moderators, i'm not sure if this thread it's ok in this forum, but Asia section on travel talk forum it's only for party announcements, or that's what i understood at least.

384549[/snapback]

Maybe the off-topic section would've been more appropriate.

Anyway, I've been to hong kong once, but I never set foot outside the airport so I don't have much information about the country itself. :P

Guest The Journey Man Project

Nice place... I suggest you go check ou the night market, and also,as i alweays like ot in a new place, go check out where the locals go, it might not be 100% safe but it will show what the reality of life is there... food is awesome, try everything and eat lots :D Shopping is pretty good, you can go to the office of www.saikosounds.com but they still charge the same prices, but no postage :lol: My big suggestion is to get the lonely planet, a really good guide.

definitely check out the saiko boys!! otherwise get in a cab and ask to go to LKF, there's heaps of bars there (it stands for lang kwok fy or something, cant remember) -- one place has about 300 beers from all around the world and a few doors down, a place that claims to offer "the best margherita in town" definitely does.... three of those and i could hardly walk ;)

enjoy man, it's a great place. very safe (apart from the nightmarkets that felt a bit weird)... chaotic, buzzy.... wicked place

Thank you very much guys!!! :D

I talked to saikosounds guys yesterday, going to visit their store for sure and make some good purchases. I asked them for psy events, clubs or parties but they didn't told me anything but how to buy in their store (previous on line order as well) :angry: Seems like we'll have to look for them by ourselves... no problem because your tips were very helpful B)

2 days to go

when i was there a great guy at Saiko called (i think) Harry (or Henry) gave me a number of someone who might know of a party... but there was nothing going on, i was only there for like two days