Goa Gil - Saturday - Worth It?

thebadtrip

Goa Gil is playing here in Rio this Saturday the 19th.

I'd like to know if it is worth attending to this open-air party.

He's supposed to play a 18hr set ( :o )

What do you guys think?

Black Sabbath wrote their own music.

Goa Gil just plays other peoples music.

384067[/snapback]

apparently you haven't heard of The Nommos

=

the choice is simple... go listen to his new complation, if you can get past the third track and you can imagine yourself hearing that stuff for roughly 10 hours or 12 if you're a real champ go...

if your delicate ears can only withstand progressive or 145 bpm's full on, safe yourself the trip

Ignore all the talk about him being a "legend" and all - If you like listening to really dark psychedelic with horrible mixing for 18 hours straight, then go. If not, stay at home. I've been at one of his parties last year, and had to leave after 3-4 hours - I don't regret going, but I won't ever attend another one of his monster-set parties again :)

Goa Gil's mixing has gotten a lot better. I heard that in the last 2 or 3 parties this year he didn't trainwreck once in the 18 hours. I'd go see him if I were you. His music is extremely psychedelic - if you don't like twisted psy, don't go - but if you do, it's a must.

Goa Gil's mixing has gotten a lot better. I heard that in the last 2 or 3 parties this year he didn't trainwreck once in the 18 hours. I'd go see him if I were you. His music is extremely psychedelic - if you don't like twisted psy, don't go - but if you do, it's a must.

384264[/snapback]

I'd like to go actually, but I'll probably play a proggie set saturday as well :(

Ignore all the talk about him being a "legend" and all - If you like listening to really dark psychedelic with horrible mixing for 18 hours straight, then go. If not, stay at home. I've been at one of his parties last year, and had to leave after 3-4 hours - I don't regret going, but I won't ever attend another one of his monster-set parties again :)

384088[/snapback]

I were at the same party and stayed till he was finished.. I liked it alot, and I was surprised by his choosing of music.. His mixing skills is, as already mentioned, awfull.. But I had alot of fun to that party.. :)

apparently you haven't heard of The Nommos

=

the choice is simple... go listen to his new complation, if you can get past the third track and you can imagine yourself hearing that stuff for roughly 10 hours or 12 if you're a real champ go...

if your delicate ears can only withstand progressive or 145 bpm's full on, safe yourself the trip

384082[/snapback]

i am well aware of The Nommos but do wonder how much he had to do with the actual producing of the tracks...

im sure Kode IV has always takin a large part in The Nommos tracks.

i saw that in the gms topic u said u don't like derango...

well then i urge u to avoid goagil at all cost ;)

he plays this kind of music for 18 hours...

go to goa gil's website... u can see videos from parties, it will give u an idea of what he plays...

http://www.goagil.com/

384430[/snapback]

I ahd this one track by Goa Gil and indeed it sounded much like Derango "Tumult"s content.. and dude.. I'm not ready to die yet!! :lol:

Nommos is still going, and it's been Goa Gil alone for a while, without Kode iV. Kode iv has turned to the dark.. erm.. full-on side.  :ph34r:

384477[/snapback]

You mean Kode IV has turned to the melodic full-on side, leaving his obscure past behind? ;) That music is just too much noise for my ears..

I would most definately go there. Goa Gil is a living legend. IMO he is as important for Goa/Psy as Black Sabbath are for Heavy Metal.

383914[/snapback]

true... the bastard :D cant' mix but is worth seeing... why not... I would go :)

Black Sabbath wrote their own music.

Goa Gil just plays other peoples music.

384067[/snapback]

as people said, he also wrote his music (as Kode IV and The Nommos)... I wouldn't even say his music is soo good, it's ok, but I've heard lots better. The point is he contributed a lot to the creation of Goa/Psy as a new scene and subculture. Maybe without him, we all would still be listening to EBM, who knows :)