Harmonic Mixing

Basilisk

I've not found any tracks in a major scale with mixmeister... it's what I use, and I guessed the accuracy was about that much. Without a trained ear it's all I've got to go on, but you can always sort it out when you mash tracks together and suddenly think to yourself "hmm, something's not right..."

A while back I looked through my -entire- collection and wrote down how many songs were in each key to make a pie chart showing harmonic distribution in a random statistical sample... I'll get that online some day :)

I've not found any tracks in a major scale with mixmeister... it's what I use, and I guessed the accuracy was about that much. Without a trained ear it's all I've got to go on, but you can always sort it out when you mash tracks together and suddenly think to yourself "hmm, something's not right..."

A while back I looked through my -entire- collection and wrote down how many songs were in each key to make a pie chart showing harmonic distribution in a random statistical sample... I'll get that online some day :)

435791[/snapback]

with a synth, you should be ok if you re suspicious.

what about making a huge database of psy tracks with bpm - root key - wheelcode info? :)

that should be quite useful

we could prepare a database on some forum (perhaps here?) like this, perhaps:

artist - track - bmp - key - keycode

and the thing could be sorted according to those attributes

thats what I have with my custom CD's i use to mix in my programs at radio.

just use your ears. ;)

384478[/snapback]

I gotta agree with Dmtree on this one, and maybe its because I do have a fair amount of formal music education, but it seems to me that this is the best mixing tool that anyone can use....

...cdjs and mixers with bpm counters have made some ppl too reliant on numbers and electronics, and not relient enough on themselves...

• 9 months later...

Old topic... now I highly recommend investigating Rapid Evolution 2... more on that later.

i'm with him. great prog. bpm detection is almost perfect and key detection rocks. prog itself still sucks, but they're getting it better slowly.

...cdjs and mixers with bpm counters have made some ppl too reliant on numbers and electronics, and not relient enough on themselves...

exactly.

I can't see not harmonically mixing tracks. Unless the transitions aren't entirely percussive the flow can be so easily compromised.