Bus - Morebusinesslinkyouthere

We've waited a long time, but finally the wait is over, and judging by the samples it has been worth it, here's the Bus debut album:

Bus - Morebusinesslinkyouthere

The album will be released on Psy-Harmonics new trance sub label Sub.

For the newcomers, Gus Till, aka Bus, is one of the legendary Slinky Wizard members and used to be part of the Flying Rhino label team. In 1998 his first Bus tune appeared on the Flying Rhino Slipstream compilation (the first compilation by the new label manager Cass, if I remember correctly). The compilation and the Bus tune received a lot of attention, even outside the psy-trance scene. Following that tune there was a lot of good Bus material released over the coming three years. Since then the output of Gus Till has been quite low.

Any way, the wait is over and this debut album by one very important producer is once again bound to receive a lot of attention and will most likely be one of the best releases of 2005.

The samples from this sounded fantastic! But I tried to pre-order a copy and the entire ordering system was fucked for me. :( Let's hope it somehow gets to my mailbox by sometime in early-December.

i couldn't even get the samples to play. :(

i've ordered from psy-harmonics before by simply emailing the contact and putting money in the paypal acct. it took a bit of time to get here from Australia, but it finally did.

i couldn't even get the samples to play. :(

i've ordered from psy-harmonics before by simply emailing the contact and putting money in the paypal acct. it took a bit of time to get here from Australia, but it finally did.

381814[/snapback]

Yeah, they just mailed me back and told me to do the paypal thing. Comes from the same source (credit card) anyways, so it's all cool. It gets shipped on the 26th of November, so I'm hoping it arrives at my family's address in the states before I do in December. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well

That is good news¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Bus/Gus Music has been the highest % of my DJ set... since 1999.

Psy Music is supposed to fade fast...bust this subtle crystals just keep unwraping their magic, over and over.

And Trollst nope.

Gus' tracks were present since quite earlier at Psy Trance than you mention.

First Third Eye CD (very few were pressed) was Olli Olsen+ Gus Till.

Also do you remmember how Slinky Wizard's "Supernatural" track sounded so new, so superb? Gus hands were behind that new spaced(as opposed to contrived/crowded) sound.

And the still unparalleled Track "Something is always out there" was Bus first track to be released as such -if I remmember well- but also his hands were all over the track "People Like us" from 97's White Rhino Compilation and all the "Fists" Sacred and all from Black Rhino were mostly his.

To me that "People Like us" is the first PsyTrance track that opened the Progressive(as it is named now) current in Psy, ....plus entirely retaining the Psychedelic flow, as very seldom progressive(either Trance, House,Techno) tracks manage to do.

For instance anyone noticed the "Section 8" Track on the Dragonfly's Complitation?

Gus/Bus Tracks have a distinctive sound, and they are scattered at several labels, but numerous enough to release a couple of albums already. I am very eager to listen to what is finally releasing... around 2001 the tentative name "My body is my nightclub" was talked about but nothing was released...

On a fast google search I found a good Gus's projects review at:

http://www.planet-ben.net/planet_ben_records_side.htm

But the trippy and starry story there may deterr some from realising the vast amount of high High inspired and acomplished PsyTrance tracks he was able to release nevertheless.

If you are lucky to find a copy of Loop & Digit's track you will decide if I am talking just as a fan or if this reply actually has a good reason to be here...

Or the deep deep trance "Sweetness" gets into.

Plus I have a good source that says that many colaborations he did, were not credited to his name, a noticebly one being Atmos' Klein Aber Doctor...

But this is just rumours...

I particularly favor Gus & James Munro's colaborations and Gus & Pete Martin's ...

My question now is:

Why I still feel so isolated with these opinions???

Is it 2005 too soon, yet?.

Everytime I get a revealing enough sound system, it proves that "too late" is not an adequate way of considering this music.

I dont want to sound arrogant but I just hope the copycats, the inspiration hungry musicians or any Trancers really... step down from their shallow MP3s or their noisy "PRO" pioneer gear and get to discover these forgotten spaceships in their backyards...

before Madonna does...

And Trollst  nope.

Gus' tracks were present since quite earlier at Psy Trance than you mention.

First Third Eye CD (very few were pressed) was Olli Olsen+ Gus Till.

I think you misread me, I am aware of his output prior to Slinky Wizards and Bus, but Slinky Wizard and Bus are his most "recent" and important projects.

And the still unparalleled Track "Something is always out there" was Bus first track to be released as such -if I remmember well- but also his hands were all over the track "People Like us" from 97's White Rhino Compilation and all the "Fists"  Sacred and all from Black Rhino were mostly his.

All classic and excellent stuff.

Plus I have a good source that says that many colaborations he did, were not  credited to his name, a noticebly one being Atmos' Klein Aber Doctor... 

But this is just rumours...

I seriously doubt that. I've never heard that rumour before and considering the importance of that track and it's huge success it seems very unlikely that Atmos would be able to take credit for it alone if Gus Till would have been involved with it.

Why I still feel so isolated with these opinions???

I think your opinion is shared with a lot of people on this forum, me included.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey very good news to find that this music is so well received ¡¡¡

...Maybe it gets to be a new Psy style, a new dimension, a new tide.

/////////////////

Just Yesterday I was lucky to take part at a Solstice Celebration where apart having amazing times, I Djed a playful and trippy music on a morning/afternoon set right at a few meters from a calm sea at a totally natural place(its summer peak in here).

Since it was mostly a Yoga/Reiki/arts/etc + Trance (note the + sign) gathering and the people were venturing around the rocks, close-by forest, clifs, swiming, etc. I went for a mixed set of ambient, somewhen beating Trance, and inspired bits ranging from Flamenco to samples, to anything really that flowed then...

The main point being that I was able to witness -again- BUS's track "Something is always there" in all its glory. The interleaving chords near its end mingled with the sun rays and the full exploding colors all around... WOW.

Not to mention the incredible subtle and ethnic hihats, the Deeep kick drum, that gives a strong base to the sound but doesnt get obstrusive at the middle freqs(800Hz or over, where it is not present) plus allowing for more musical composition to be placed there... I guess many lines could be written just about that track...and it was just the first one.

What else? except to thank Gus and whoever helped that to come to us.

///////////

And Trolsk, good to know you go deep and sharp in this subject. Good also to know we agree and share the liking of this music.

I guess I should apologize to give word here to such unsubstained story.

My intention was to point out a certain quality of sound and to try to trace its sources.

I know many musical colaborations are done without the request of $ or credits and hence they usually go unnoticed for us listeners. Also people at labels strive for a level of sound and so colaborate to bring out the best of those other acts released there. Add to that the importance of mastering and there is a whole area where sound could be the result of the input of several people.

It is my belief, that Gus has contributed quite a lot more than the important musicians he declared to have worked with at the interview cited above or what the CD/LP credits him for.

...It is probably a matter of humility or limited space for him to talk of just those few and of way-of-doing-things at the case of the music's written credits.

//////////

Anyway my order is on the (long)way and I am very happy for all this.

'appy Festivities from another point of this same planet, sharing same vissions, same heart...same music ¡¡¡( I feel grateful today)