Keeping the Review SpamFree?

Guest Rain

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but they're the ones who don't contribute to that section..

Well I don't do bad reviews so no I wouldn't mind a comment like that also I'm not expecting people to like/dislike the same music I do so it's not a problem. However imo such debates could be and are fruitfull and sort of add more to the reviews.

380974[/snapback]

I dont get it.... You want that people that dont review dont say anything on the topic on hand, but then again you want people to comment on the reviews, therefor you want them to contribute?

And, isnt that the case? That a lot of people are contributing to the reviews? Or did I get it totally wrong? Shoot me if I did :D

As I see it, at the moment, you are fighting for the people that you DONT want to speak up here...... :D

what happens when someone make a review that people do not agree with?  They vote it out even though the review might be a very good review but just not agree with the majority.  Am I the only one that see the problem here?

380961[/snapback]

I thought it was you who was one of the absolutley loudest opponents to moderation....what made you change your mind?

I do agree that moderation is needed, but to take precautionary mesures by making some rules that you expect people to obey to does not work.

Moderation have to be done by actually looking thru posts and see which ones is considered offensive.

To be really fuzzy about if everything is 100% on topic is maybe better left to Isratrance.

If you like that style of moderation why not sign up there again under a new nick?

I remember the problems in the old review section, and it was certainly not that there was too much praise of the reviews themself that created the noise.

Niether was it actual critisism of the reviewing style.

It was people that liked to piss on genres and artists they did not understand or respect and like to argue about pointless things.

Very similar to the kind of anti full-on comments that for example SOLO, EP, Kris and HandA tends to fill this forum and isratrance with.

The way to deal with that kind of behaviour is to warn and ban the user before the place becomes the No 1 playground for all the bitter and twisted trolls out there.

This forum is not just about reviews. If it was it would be PsyReviews.org

No I dont think that the reviewers are the ones that contribute the most to this site. It is ALL of us that are here that are the contributors....

380973[/snapback]

like traveller said I was talking about the section not the whole forum...

sorry should be more specifiek in my reply :unsure:

I dont get it.... You want that people that dont review dont say anything on the topic on hand, but then again you want people to comment on the reviews, therefor you want them to contribute?

And, isnt that the case? That a lot of people are contributing to the reviews? Or did I get it totally wrong? Shoot me if I did :D

As I see it, at the moment, you are fighting for the people that you DONT want to speak up here...... :D

380977[/snapback]

Indeed you don't get it. IMO people who don't write reviews shouldn't have the right to decide about policies on how review commenting goes.

Indeed you don't get it. IMO people who don't write reviews shouldn't have the right to decide about policies on how review commenting goes.

380983[/snapback]

I understand you but you are bit hard... to black/white...

not having the right... they do but don't have the knowledge to do imo... or the capacity... or the emphatie...

I think, still thinking :D

380983[/snapback]

Ok. Im stupid, sorry mate :)

It's the reviewers who do the work. I for one think it's well with in their right to be able to read comments on their style..

380990[/snapback]

Well, I think the same, but not in the same thread. Like I said before (which you seem to have missed reading) is that it would be nice to have some kind of commenting system implemented...

Well, I think the same, but not in the same thread. Like I said before (which you seem to have missed reading) is that it would be nice to have some kind of commenting system implemented...

380991[/snapback]

Well yeah sure why not. I wouldn't mind that. @ isratrance they just had this really nice thread.. but I guess you're talking about something that can be applied to all the threads. Like a sub thread within the thread or something?

Well yeah sure why not. I wouldn't mind that. @ isratrance they just had this really nice thread..  but I guess you're talking about something that can be applied to all the threads. Like a sub thread within the thread or something?

380993[/snapback]

Yeah, like a commenting system, For instance, have you seen the way that you can comment on News articles on News pages? That is what I am talking about. You can CHOSE to read the comments, or you can chose NOT to read them. They are public, for those who WANT to read them.... :)

It was people that liked to piss on genres and artists they did not understand or respect and like to argue about pointless things.

Very similar to the kind of anti full-on comments that for example SOLO, EP, Kris and HandA tends to fill this forum and isratrance with.

The way to deal with that kind of behaviour is to warn and ban the user before the place becomes the No 1 playground for all the bitter and twisted trolls out there.

380978[/snapback]

I SEE. But i don't like the way it's said.

It looks like someone is getting prefered treatment here from both mods and owner.

Thats always great for the community feeling.

There is obviously people far more guilty for fueling up the arguement than traveller here I must say.

When about the remarks that EP made to rain that later got deleted.....will he be warned for those as well?

It looks like someone is getting prefered treatment here from both mods and owner.

There is obviously people far more guilty for fueling up the arguement than traveller here I must say.

When about the remarks that EP made to rain that later got deleted.....will he be warned for those as well?

380999[/snapback]

There are 4 troublemakers today : You, Kris, Rain and Traveller.

BUT I didn't warn or ban anyone today because Tekk kindly asked me.

I argued online with Rain, wrote to Kris and wrote on this thread I didn't like the fight & spam attitude but YOU attacked again. And i did nothing.

So I guess you're right, "someone is getting prefered treatment here" : YOU.

380999[/snapback]

FYI, Rain AND Kris, asked for those to be deleted. And the rest has been taken care of PM.

So anyways, I couldnt find anything in English, but here is something that has a commenting system.

http://www.idg.se/ArticlePages/200511/11/2...2958_CS.dbp.asp

Now, this would require that each reviewer has his own ID and that each review written is in a diffrent id as well. But it would look nicer.

Never mind the look of how they did it, it can be done MUCH nicer :)

Stop stop stop stop stop with that, that's the last warning.

380996[/snapback]

Yeah I guess I'm not allowed to comment whenever EP (or whoever else) insults me. Well you know what. I still do it. If you feel the need to warn me then do so. It will not change my behaviour. If that leads to a ban then that's the way it has to be. I for one find your behaviour quite odd. It's okay for EP to call me a spammer but it's not okay for me to respond. How very logical of you. How very neutral behaviour.. NOT

Oh and if we go for ID's I would like to make a reservation for number 42 :)

So anyways, I couldnt find anything in English, but here is something that has a commenting system.

Now, this would require that each reviewer has his own ID and that each review written is in a diffrent id as well. But it would look nicer.

381003[/snapback]

too bad but I don't speak that language can you explain what is so good about in very short...

I'm interested :unsure:

Yeah I guess I'm not allowed to comment whenever EP (or whoever else) insults me. Well you know what. I still do it. If you feel the need to warn me then do so. It will not change my behaviour. If that leads to a ban then that's the way it has to be. I for one find your behaviour quite odd. It's okay for EP to call me a spammer but it's not okay for me to respond. How very logical of you. How very neutral behaviour.. NOT

Oh and if we go for ID's I would like to make a reservation for number 42 :)

381006[/snapback]

I understand you 100% and you are 100% right , you didn't deserve the warning cause he challenged you...

but in the future just report the post and don't respont... put it into perspective... don't react... report and the mods will handle it...

381003[/snapback]

i think is nice, but would all comments look like that? or is that the sub-comments part? another thing, realistically speaking could this be incorporated into psynews ?

too bad but I don't speak that language can you explain what is so good about in very short...

I'm interested  :unsure:

381008[/snapback]

Oh sorry yeah, its kind of hard to see if youre not Swedish, my bad :( You know how blogs work somettimes? You write an article, and then you can comment on that article. But you will have to press "read comments" to read them. That way, the article is clean and nice, but if you would like to read the "criticism" you can chose to. :)

Then, ok, that also means that if a second reviewer wanted to review the same record, you would have to write a complete new "thread". The good thing about it would be, that if you build your database really good, you can click on a record, and then you can see the diffrent reviews made by diffrent persons.

Now, that would be overviewable, and each person can chose to comment or not :)

Again I think it has worked just fine until today/yesterday/whatever someone started bitching.

Exactly. As we used to say in Texas...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

People are bringing up a bunch of "what if's" as arguments to fix a nonexistent problem.

I certainly don't see any problems with the system of reviews as it stands now. There are reviews and the occasional discussion. Wow - what a novel idea! Discussing the release?!?!?! As long as people keep it civil (which is almost always the case aside from a few minor spats), I don't see a problem.

But then again, I'm just an easy-going guy like that and simply ignore the shit I don't want to read. ;)

There are 4 troublemakers today : You, Kris, Rain and Traveller.

BUT I didn't warn or ban anyone today because Nemo kindly asked me.

I chatted with Rain, wrote to Kris and wrote on this thread I didn't like the fight & spam attitude but YOU attacked again. And i did nothing.

So I guess you're right, "someone is getting prefered treatment here" : YOU.

381000[/snapback]

I would be curious on what exactly I said that was considered out of line or offensive according to the standards of this forum and should actually have qualified me for a warning?

Not that it's my business, it's your forum and you do what you like, ban and warn as much as you like.

I just thought that EP's idea that "to avoid such situations a simple rule like keeping reviews clean from comments is a very simple and safe-proof solution" is incorrect and voiced my opinion.

If you think you just add that as a rule when you sign up and people will follow it, then fine, but personally I don't think that will make any difference whatsoever.

A moderator have to look for users that is making offensive and pointless comments warn and possibly ban them, and the line there will always be subjective.

Maybe my comment about EP's continous pointless and non-constructive critisism against genres and artists he don't like was over that line, thats up to you to decide.

I think most people here is very familar with that side of him, no matter if they find it funny or not.

The thing it that it seems to me that that was exactly the kind of comments the old psynews review section was troubeled with.

"so yet another kilarghhhhhhhh CD is about to see the light of day.... run, run for your life ph34r.gif"

Maybe thats funny for some people who share the same disliking of an artist, but that can easily turn into a flame war, while it's a mystery to me it can happen with a comment like:

"good review moni I'm a little impressed wink.gif"

FYI, Rain AND Kris, asked for those to be deleted. And the rest has been taken care of PM.

So if I ask to have travellers post deleted is he calls EP a drama queen again he will be safe from being warned?

Sorry, but I fail to see the relevance.

Again, I don't personally care if you ban traveller, EP or me.

I just thought the situation looked really twisted and unfair and wondered why 100x more offensive posts never resulted in a warning discussion while travellers little comment did.

Sorry if my perception of the situation is offensive to anyone, my intention is not to cause offense but since the situation seems unjust to me I say what I think.

If that should be enough grounds for a warning, well....I can't honestly say I give a rats ass about if I ever can enter this forum again.

i think is nice, but would all comments look like that? or is that the sub-comments part?  another thing, realistically speaking could this be incorporated into psynews ?

381010[/snapback]

Nah, it all depends on how you make it up, how you write your database, and how you chose to design the whole thing.

Oh sorry yeah, its kind of hard to see if youre not Swedish, my bad :( You know how blogs work somettimes? You write an article, and then you can comment on that article. But you will have to press "read comments" to read them. That way, the article is clean and nice, but if you would like to read the "criticism" you can chose to. :)

Then, ok, that also means that if a second reviewer wanted to review the same record, you would have to write a complete new "thread". The good thing about it would be, that if you build your database really good, you can click on a record, and then you can see the diffrent reviews made by diffrent persons.

Now, that would be overviewable, and each person can chose to comment or not :)

381011[/snapback]

sounds like a super idea... but which mod has the time to create that ??? :(