does your hearing improve when you toke?

RAH

so in the spirit of keeping this thread about accostic research and the such, we won't get into the discussion how how blueberries is actually more helpful for hearing frequency ranges, than say... normal skunk...

but im interested in this subject... any personal experiences where you perceive you can actually hear better if you smoke?

eehhh not talking about extending hearing range...

380582[/snapback]

Well, the topic title was "hearing improve" which means either that or lowered minimum decibels needed to hear something.

well from my personal experience i consider myself with good ears, like most of you hear i music... a lot... and psy trance takes advantage of the whole frequency range...

to the point where i received the senheiser PX 100's today (http://www.averyelectronics.com/Electronics/Avery/shop.php?c=Electronics&i=B000089GN3)

and after half a day of listening im selling them cause they're just not cutting it with me. Taking them as comparison with my good ol trustworthy Sony MDR-V300... not going to get into why im changing them here exactly. all i am saying is... i am waiting for later tonight, smoking a doobie and double checking...

i honestly surprice myself when i smoke and listen to music. the difference is veryy palpable. I ussually have to lower the volume to 1/3 to when i listen to music andim straight, becaue for one reason or another everything sounds a lot louder. I can hear people talking on the street and i live on a third floor, two doors and 2 rooms away. whilst im straight i cannot. anyway, this is my personal experience, and i just wanted to see if people that smoke undergo similar changes or if i'm just deluding myself ;)

well from my personal experience i consider myself with good ears, like most of you hear i music... a lot... and psy trance takes advantage of the whole frequency range...

to the point where i received the senheiser PX 100's today (http://www.averyelectronics.com/Electronics/Avery/shop.php?c=Electronics&i=B000089GN3)

380594[/snapback]

Should of gone for the Grado SR60's, bit more expensive but a lot better.

Should of gone for the Grado SR60's, bit more expensive but a lot better.

380609[/snapback]

don't gots the dough ;)

if money hadn't been an issue i would have drifted for this ones:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00023J59...ronics&v=glance

anyway, i just toked.. and the difference with my old sony's is clear... the senheiser actually kick butt, i think im going to keep them... i had actually gotten used to my sony's bass sounding 'boxy' but with the other's is much cleaer not too mention the miidd and highs have a lot more prescence... ill be damned...

and after half a day of listening im selling them cause they're just not cutting it with me. Taking them as comparison with my good ol trustworthy Sony MDR-V300...  not going to get into why im changing them here exactly. all i am saying is... i am waiting for later tonight, smoking a doobie and double checking...

i honestly surprice myself when i smoke and listen to music. the difference is veryy palpable. I ussually have to lower the volume to 1/3 to when i listen to music andim straight,  becaue for one reason or another everything sounds a lot louder. I can hear people talking on the street and i live on a third floor, two doors and 2 rooms away. whilst im straight i cannot. anyway, this is my personal experience, and i just wanted to see if people that smoke undergo similar changes or if i'm just deluding myself ;)

380594[/snapback]

i'm the same exact way :)

and after half a day of listening im selling them cause they're just not cutting it with me. Taking them as comparison with my good ol trustworthy Sony MDR-V300...  not going to get into why im changing them here exactly. all i am saying is... i am waiting for later tonight, smoking a doobie and double checking...

380594[/snapback]

Bleh, everybody who has tried them admits they're the best lightweight headphones. :)

• 3 years later...

I doubt the THC increases your hearing range, as it is impossible to do.

:lol::rolleyes:

I've never felt my hearing has improved while stoned, on acid however I swear I can hear ants crawling through the grass.

:lol::D

thin line between perceiving & imagining

we need to seperate fantasy from reality, but these two can interact with each other. Fantasy can be integrated into reality.

We can move/slide that thin line within some borders.

That's where magic gets into play.