Groundbreaking concept

traveller

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think u need psychedelics to understand psytrance...

what u need is making it... then u can really understand it...

378999[/snapback]

and that's how we get 'full-on'.

and that's how we get 'full-on'.

379012[/snapback]

lol, ever heard of MFG...? They are pretty damn religious, never took any drugs... And their music... My God (literally :P)... Not really full on :) You can understand it and make it even without drugs ;) not everyone has to take drugs to "understand" the music

lol, ever heard of MFG...? They are pretty damn religious, never took any drugs... And their music... My God (literally :P)... Not really full on :) You can understand it and make it even without drugs ;) not everyone has to take drugs to "understand" the music

379026[/snapback]

mmmkay.. i don't believe anyone's PR, but i guess there may be an exception or two.

nope, sorry, you cannot reach the same deep states of trance and consciousness without psychedelics... anyone who has taken it will realize how different it is from any experience you might have had normally..

378977[/snapback]

bullshit, amigo

can and have, extremely deep and trancy

would it have happened to me had i not experienced psychedelics beforehand? no idea, maybe not

do i believe ppl have gone much further w/o psychedelics than i have with? absolutely

bullshit, amigo

would it have happened to me had i not experienced psychedelics beforehand? no idea, maybe not

do i believe ppl have gone much further w/o psychedelics than i have with? absolutely

379070[/snapback]

I wouldn't argue w/that at all - I am sure that's true. But as it relates to music, I am not sure you can be in a deep yogic meditative state and be digging on some extremely twisted psytrance madness at the same time.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yeah, right.....

379080[/snapback]

notice, the keyword here is [review], not [enjoy]..

:P

I don't think we understand more after a trip on psychedelic drugs. The chemicals may do some slightly changes in the brain and your way of thingking/seeing things, even after..., but I doubt you understand anything more/getting smarter by it. You see things in a different way, but it doesn't mean that you understand trance better...

So, can you explain those who have never tried psychedelics what YOU understand that they don't understand about trance? There are actually many artists who doesn't take drugs, still they are able to create psychedelic trance... Funny that you understand more about their tracks, than they do themselves...:)

In all sub cultures, I always hear; "They haven't understood it" / "we understand something that they don't". It is said in religious cults, drum'n'bass culture, psytrance culture, minimal techno culture, nazi culture etc etc... Personally, I'm tired of hearing those narrow minded comments...

"but it doesnt mean that deep states of trance and consciousness cant be reached without drugs "  nope, sorry, you cannot reach the same deep states of trance and consciousness without psychedelics... anyone who has taken it will realize how different it is from any experience you might have had normally..

with hard work on yourself, certain combined stimulus, etc,etc, you may even increase reach different levels of understanding... but these are definitely not the same as with psychedelics...

again, Im not saying that it means those who have not taken it are worst or anything like that.. values such as 'worst or better' are subjective and relative..  but its definitely not the same.

378977[/snapback]

Look, the states are in you already, the drugs just allow easy access - it's possible to reach them through conventional practice - which in turn is much more rewarding.

now that's bull shit my friend :)

Otherwise I understood something wrong for 8 years :P Maybe you just can't imagine some people have a twisted mind even sober...? :D

378966[/snapback]

I started drinking at the age of 20... I'm 23. First acid @ 22, months ago. And I pretty much went crazy with the music.

i don't think u need psychedelics to understand psytrance...

what u need is making it... then u can really understand it...

378999[/snapback]

And what do you fabulous music experienced people mean with "understanding"?

Can I just listen and enjoy the music? Or do I need to take a course on "Understanding psychedelic music with or without psychedelics - Psynews.org Crew"

J/k.. But it will always be a subjective/relative issue. Let Cinos write his reviews and let the readers evaluate his work.

Deal? :D

When you are triping even a fart may sound melodic...Does this mean that you understand farts better? Could you care to review them to us people who only enjoy them?

379352[/snapback]

:angry:<_<:(:blink::huh::):D:lol::ph34r:

not everyone has to take drugs to "understand" the music

379026[/snapback]

obviously it depends on your concept of understanding... if understanding for someone means: ´the ability to perceive and compare with psychedelic states´ or whatever thing like that, then you cant understand.. if understand means ´enjoy, etc etc´, then you can understand.. firstly we need to define whats psychedelic or not

bullshit, amigo

379070[/snapback]

you misunderstood me.. i didnt say you CANT get into a deep and trancy state without psychedelics.. I say its definitely not in the same way, in the same level, with the same characteristics and same levels of perception, etc..

Look, the states are in you already, the drugs just allow easy access - it's possible to reach them through conventional practice - which in turn is much more rewarding.

379137[/snapback]

not really... you are making many assumptions here.. you disregard many possibilities, like the fact that the subjective states of perception, like under the influence of psychedelics, can be deeply connected with certain specific functions of substances in the brain.. and without these substances there isnt even the potential of arriving at that same state, only the potential of arriving at other states... dont know if you get what I mean

it still remains: you cant have a psychedelic state without psychedelics... you may gain a bigger level of understanding, you may learn more about yourself, you may be in a hypnotique deep trance state, but YOU DO NOT KNOW PSYCHEDELIC STATES WITHOUT PSYCHEDELICS

as I said, it doesnt mean its a bad thing, and neither a good thing.. thats subjective and relative..

and the understanding issue as I said just depends on your concept of understanding.. tell me whats understanding first...

it still remains: you cant have a psychedelic state without psychedelics... you may gain a bigger level of understanding, you may learn more about yourself, you may be in a hypnotique deep trance state, but YOU DO NOT KNOW PSYCHEDELIC STATES WITHOUT PSYCHEDELICS

as I said, it doesnt mean its a bad thing, and neither a good thing.. thats subjective and relative..

and the understanding issue as I said just depends on your concept of understanding.. tell me whats understanding first...

379441[/snapback]

agreed 110%

No amount of fasting, meditating, mind control, starvation will ever come close to a full blown psychedelic trip.

its simply impossible.

379441[/snapback]

there i somehow can agree with you :). everything else ive said in previous post. and also somehow agree with cinos too.

Having a blast dancing to a song you absolutely love can't compare to listening to the same song while tripping.

Word! ;)

So we reached a consensus.. let's get back on topic hehe

agreed 110%

No amount of fasting, meditating, mind control, starvation will ever come close to a full blown psychedelic trip.

its simply impossible.

379444[/snapback]

Have you tried other methods?

379441[/snapback]

you can , with lotsa years of meditation endogenoys DMT is increased... ;}

and anyways these are different things/states of mind,

no method is better or worse ..

Those that cant understand psychedelic music without drugs are just low spiritual people and weak characters (i said the same in isratrance on a topic somewhere about this very same subject).

Like Cinos said everything is in our mind and we just need to explore our self and meditate in order to experience a psy trance state.

Others can do it on their own and others need some 'extra help' in order to make it.

For me the ultimate psy trance experience is understanding the music with no drugs at all,its a great feeling indeed.

Those that cant understand psychedelic music without drugs are just low spiritual people and weak characters (i said the same in isratrance on a topic somewhere about this very same subject).

Like Cinos said everything is in our mind and we just need to explore our self and meditate in order to experience a psy trance state.

Others can do it on their own and others need some 'extra help' in order to make it.

For me the ultimate psy trance experience is understanding the music with no drugs at all,its a great feeling indeed.

380310[/snapback]

most psychedelic people enjoy music WITHOUT psychedelics as well ;)

for the greeks, there was a relative topic here... at some point talking about meditation vs psychedelics e.g : here

I am STILL[:(] waiting for the ph*cccckin blotters to arrive so that i can talk by experience , and not just based on intuition/intellectual knowledge & thinking...

;)