Old Synthis for Goa

'you have an clips of the sh-101 with filter fm? i love the sound of filter fm, that has to sound mental.'

sorry I can't provide, at least I just don't knwo where to put on Internet. If you give me some space I will of course.

And 'yes' you'r right, it does sound mental, and the best is you can use any of the 5 waveforms, and even noise, to modulate.

the mods are made very easily:

http://www.chubbs.co.uk/sh101/default.asp site is down at the moment

if you like I can provide you some infos

SuperBassstation (mostly used to control SH-101, via gate & cv out)

May I ask what kind of stuff you can do with that combination?

as said mostly BassStation is only used to convert midi into CV/Gate to control the SH101 by Midi.

But BassStation is also a great sounding unit, and I' m willed to use it more often therefore. specially sinc I recently bought my first Compressor Unit, I'm very happy about my analog gear.............. (but not my neighbours ;) )

What's your experience about compressors and analog gear? do you use software or hardware? whitch gear?

I've bought a ART TCS, for a very low price offer, 190€ :) and it sounds great

What's your experience about compressors and analog gear? do you use software or hardware? whitch gear?

I've bought a ART TCS, for a very low price offer, 190€ :) and it sounds great

451189[/snapback]

also use a gate when compressing analog gear, unless youre a fan of hiss ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My hardware:

Clavia nord modular (the heart of my homestudio)

Arp odyssey (sounds really really good and can do some amazing things that no other synths can do except for modulars)

Roland sh-101 (nice little thing)

Yamaha cs-1x (a good synth though i don't use so much anymore)

Fender stratocaster el-guitar (you may think it's no use in making trance, but then try putting it through the Nord modular)

Different mics and effect boxes

• 6 months later...

cheap secondhand synthis for good oldscool sounds :

Braintec Transistorbass 3

Mam mb 33 mk 2

Roland Juno 60

you can beefed up your plugin sound with some hardware goodies for less than 300 euros

that have i buyed in last half year and have verry good impression with ithems.

im interessed to buy Crumar Bit 99 or the rack version Bit 01 , basstation rack

anyone sell ?

B)

cheap secondhand synthis for good oldscool sounds :

Braintec Transistorbass 3

Mam mb 33 mk 2

Roland Juno 60

627187[/snapback]

the juno 60 isn't that cheap

they sell around €500

i prefer the modern techonology than the old one , specially to make goa.

all i use is a korg microkorg , FL 6 , Synth1 , Pro53 , Muon Tau 2 . done , the rest is about technique and imagination, the tools dont make music , my brain does.  :)

627812[/snapback]

:( im old so i like work with old synthis ..... combination of modern and vintage technology give the best results in sound ... but im not an expert

:unsure:

:(  im old so i like work with old synthis ..... combination of modern and vintage technology give the best results in sound ... but im not an expert

:unsure:

627961[/snapback]

;) bro if u feel confortable about your equipment and music thats all it matters , and besides that a mix between hardware and software is awesome thats why i bought the microkorg.

big hug.

The only analog I have is a Novation BassStation Rack. And I'm not even sure if that's VCO, DCO or VA.

What I'd really like is: TB-303 (of course), Andromeda, Prophet 5, Moog Modular

I'm in love with analog sounds, but I can't afford analog synths.

And a new one that is definitely worth checking out, because it's pretty fucking great, is Dave Smith Instruments' PolyEvolver. I played one for a little bit, and it's nice.

The only analog I have is a Novation BassStation Rack. And I'm not even sure if that's VCO, DCO or VA.

What I'd really like is: TB-303 (of course), Andromeda, Prophet 5, Moog Modular

I'm in love with analog sounds, but I can't afford analog synths.

And a new one that is definitely worth checking out, because it's pretty fucking great, is Dave Smith Instruments' PolyEvolver. I played one for a little bit, and it's nice.

628080[/snapback]

i think basstation is analog , im shure is not VA but i dont know is dco or vco , but nevermind that little beast have fatt sound ... and have analog filter

i have for a while Andromeda :) , trance leads in my track "Yin and Yang" on my last release was played on Andromeda , but i expect much more from this synth ... the price is so high , when i buy it i think i solve all my analog needs ,BUT it sounds between VA and vintage analogs .... dont have that boom , that i expect ...

Polyevolver hasnt expected popularity on the market , and i saw many of thems on classifieds , its bad for a new product ...

so if we want something cheap and effective :) maybe waldorf Pulse , sounds not so analog , you cant expect some neverheard strange sounds , but it have a KILLER lead , even i dont like this filter in Pulse , but for fatt lead without concurecy

(im bad in english) :(

i use now Mam mb 3 mk2 too, verry affordable in secondhand market but effective ....

i agree with Lost Buddha about todays technology but if you want to add some warmth for your tracks , use analogs .... everytimes when im listen AP tracks from 90's , im on the top :P , that pulsating electronical stampedo from thier tracks comming from the best studio setup that ever has been used in goatrance production

:)

Polyevolver hasnt expected popularity on the market , and i saw many of thems on classifieds , its bad for a new product ...

628109[/snapback]

I didn't have a lot of time to play it when I did, but it seemed well suited to pads and weird sounds. Not so sure about leads or basses.

i agree with Lost Buddha about  todays technology but if you want to add some warmth for your tracks , use analogs .... everytimes when im listen AP tracks from 90's , im on the top  :P , that pulsating electronical stampedo  from thier tracks comming from the best studio setup that ever has been used in goatrance production

:)

628109[/snapback]

Their sound is insanely phat. Trantastic deep kicks & basses. I saw video of their studio and they had at least a few dozen different synths. There was a list of their equipment on the net, but I can't find it now.

Their sound is insanely phat. Trantastic deep kicks & basses. I saw video of their studio and they had at least a few dozen different synths. There was a list of their equipment on the net, but I can't find it now.

629100[/snapback]

i saw that list , Junos , Jupiters,Tb,sh ,Oberheim Matrixes , Minimoog ... simply the collection of best analog synthesizers and best outboard effects ...

todays goa production is thinner , cus artist use other kind of intruments (VA s and plugins) .. btw todays psy , fullon and other subgenres havent nothing with 90s goatrance production ... its the different sound , different feeling ....

<_<

... its the different sound , different feeling ....

You're right about that! Sometimes the songs from 90s

are more trippy and better than the new ones. I don't

say that I don't like the new production(I love it :) ),

but some songs arent just as good as the old 90s...

Peace! :D

i saw that list , Junos , Jupiters,Tb,sh ,Oberheim Matrixes , Minimoog ... simply the collection of best analog synthesizers and best outboard effects ...

todays goa production is thinner , cus artist use other kind of intruments (VA s  and plugins)  .. btw todays psy , fullon and other subgenres havent nothing with 90s goatrance production ... its the different sound , different feeling ....

<_<

629161[/snapback]

They must have spent tens of thousands of dollars on their studio, unless they got the old analog gear in the early 90's when they were out of fashion and cheap. I wonder if their studio is insured? :)

Yea it is thinner, but few of us have the dough for the gear and it's probably difficult to find fully functional units of some of the synths.

The new psy doesn't have powerful melodies like 90's goa and psy - in fact dark psy is the antithesis of goa with its grey binary noise leads and atonal melodies, so boring. And the commercialization of psy... well, you get the drift.