progressive regressive

i agree with everything alien has said so far in this post, and i really, really dont see the connection between the antix and freq sound. freq is a lot faster, psychedelic, some tracks are almost full-on (lifeline?). i wish freq would go slower and groovier and look more towards antix , but lets see what his new album brings :) about PO, aliens fav. tracks are about mz fav. tacks as well, especially i want to feel, but i how much that album really rocks i only noticed last weekend when i saw po live. The PO album is certainly more danceable and party-friendly, whereas antix is better for home-listening.

anyways, i agree with the initial poster, the prog . sound is becoming incredibly sterile and boring, the best example is the new gaudium CD. thats why i listen to mostly minimal and electro house these days

I think i got a bit misunderstand here :)

I did not compare Freq and Antix soundwise. I merely meant that when it come to Freq and Antix which both eiter represent the clean progressive (trance) Aussie or Kiwi (New Zealand) sound they have becomed a bit too predictable for me. Both try their hardest to sound very clean and Freq especially sound very sterile. But when it come to Phony they have turned much more toward a dirtier sound and less sterile which in my opinion is much more interesting. As I wrote earlier. They have tuned 360 degress round and did something different than what was expected. I am sure most expected them to sound similar to their debut CD (Thank god they did not).

So about Antix. Personally I do not find Antix's latest CD that interesting. I actually prefer the debut CD over the latest release which I find is a bit cheesy and not at all innovative... But as Alien said...It's taste :)

Now a whole other subject is Jaia.. Am I the only one that got tired of that release after a few listens? Good sound qulaity and all.. But..hmmmmm Not so amazing and certantly too hyped.

Now a whole other subject is Jaia.. Am I the only one that got tired of that release after a few listens?  Good sound qulaity and all.. But..hmmmmm  Not so amazing and certantly too hyped.

373161[/snapback]

Word!!! I only got the jaia album like 2 months after its release after i heard all the hype and really liked their set at voov, and i was quite disappointed. some tracks sound full-onish, and it seems quite shallow. i like serial groover, rouge marine (but thats too short) and i also like orchestra 2.0 for all its operatic weirdness, but other than that i think jaias previous tracks on compilations were better (the one on limelight, or hypnostatique or peterpansyndrome). not a bad album, but not nearly as good as antix or phony orphants for example.

For the record: I disagree with most things being said in this topic :P

I just LUUUVE Gaudium but to me P.O. were not thàt special.

And for all those who think prog has stopped progging in 2005 I have 2 words:"TI-CON" (out now) or another 2 "André Absolut" (thé comming man)

I mean, I fully understand that this year hasn't been exactly as mindblowing as 2004 YET (with FREq, Atmos, Son kite, Frogacult,...) , but please don't turn into a bunch of whining farts who prefer to live in the past. Let's leave that to the Oldskool-worshippers, mmmkay? :)

Haven't heard Set:6 yet but I'm confident it's gonna be nice.

Furthermore I reckon the new Element (out 8/11) will be so good it will hardly get the recognition it deserves (again) :)

Maybe check out the Yotopia album in the meantime, on Flow Rec's.

About time that Plusquam rec's reanimates the German masters too.

& early 2006 will bring a new Vibrasphere CD & of course the new FREq :P

Now a whole other subject is Jaia.. Am I the only one that got tired of that release after a few listens?  Good sound qulaity and all.. But..hmmmmm  Not so amazing and certantly too hyped.

373161[/snapback]

Word!!! I only got the jaia album like 2 months after its release after i heard all the hype and really liked their set at voov, and i was quite disappointed. some tracks sound full-onish, and it seems quite shallow. i like serial groover, rouge marine (but thats too short) and i also like orchestra 2.0 for all its operatic weirdness, but other than that i think jaias previous tracks on compilations were better (the one on limelight, or hypnostatique or peterpansyndrome). not a bad album, but not nearly as good as antix or phony orphants for example.

373174[/snapback]

exactly! we got very similar tastes it seems... also think those tracks you mentioned were the best in the cd, and appart from that, its nothing sooo amazing.. hypnostatique and peter pan syndrome, though, were quite good indeed hehe

and if you also like the minilogue mix of orchestra 2.0 better than anything on the real album, then we have rreeeaaallllyyy similar taste :D

373663[/snapback]

I think Minilouge is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated... When did they ever do a track that did not contain the same boring toms? Nothing new under the sun really. The sad thing is that there's so much talent but they keep making one similar track after eachother... Find a formular and stick to it.

I think Minilouge is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated... When did they ever do a track that did not contain the same boring toms?  Nothing new under the sun really.  The sad thing is that there's so much talent but they keep making one similar track after eachother... Find a formular and stick to it.

373679[/snapback]

I thought the new Miniloque tracks where moving into electro & techno more than progressive house/psytrance/deep trance.

So I was told, from a reliable source. Havent heard much other than the progressive house stuff yet though - but Im guessing its just a matter of time.

:-)

Krell

I thought the new Miniloque tracks where moving into electro & techno more than progressive house/psytrance/deep trance.

So I  was told, from a reliable source.  Havent heard much other than the progressive house stuff yet though - but Im guessing its just a matter of time.

:-)

Krell

373692[/snapback]

I admit I haven't heard their latest and I really hope they changed their formula because damn it got boring :)

I dont know much of what was officially released by minilogue, except that leloo and the little sisters (which I find very different from each other and very nice both).. but I tell you, their live in UP last year was amazing! They sure know how to make those prog trance/house tunes.. I enjoyed it muuuuuuch more than the 2 son kite lives I´ve seen..

I dont know much of what was officially released by minilogue, except that leloo and the little sisters (which I find very different from each other and very nice both)..  but I tell you, their live in UP last year was amazing!  They sure know how to make those prog trance/house tunes..  I enjoyed it muuuuuuch more than the 2 son kite lives I´ve seen..

373704[/snapback]

Believe me there's endless tracks released and not released from Minilouge that sound way too similar... x number of tracks using the same Toms over and over again... :blink:

But it's not anything new. Just look at so many other names.. they stick to a formula as soon they get a little sucess with it.. i dont really blame them. It just get very boring in the long run.

ok here's my question.. WHAT HAPPENED TO GUTSY progressive? it all sounds more more house oriented these days.. and thats not a bad thing... but it seems to be the only thing being released these days... example in case:

Leif Hatfield - Feelin Allright (V/a Dragon Tales)

Ron Lyner - Know Your Fears (v/a - perfect evolution)

Krumelur - kicks (V/a - Zen2)

ok here's my question.. WHAT HAPPENED TO GUTSY progressive? it all sounds more more house oriented these days.. and thats not a bad thing... but it seems to be the only thing being released these days... example in case:

Leif Hatfield - Feelin Allright (V/a Dragon Tales)

Ron Lyner - Know Your Fears (v/a - perfect evolution)

Krumelur - kicks (V/a - Zen2)

373729[/snapback]

gutsy progressive?

sensient's album

etnoscope's new stuff

gutsy progressive?

sensient's album

etnoscope's new stuff

373928[/snapback]

i haven't heard etnoscope will take a look :D

point being... thats still two albums for the whole year... iboga releases two albums in what? four months? less?

I do agree. I am too getting boring of the same old same.  But Phony's new release is nice though... Much more "dirty" and less "clean " and sterile as most progressive trance releases are at the moment.

372805[/snapback]

getting bord of the same old ???

you mean progressive dark wave from 2000-2001-2002 I guess

cause in 2004-2005 we have nothing to complain about the new progressive wave...

lot's of differences and lot's of changes.... imo....