thebadtrip

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can i come.... :unsure:

380136[/snapback]

No! I'm already finished. :P

also, i keep mistaking you for GSH this morning. must be something fishy about the avatar :wacko:

I figured it would be more confusing to have similar avatars when we post a lot in the same thread. :P Just remember - I'm the psychedelic one. ;)

forget Ticon, how was the wine??  :lol:

380145[/snapback]

Cheap & crappy! 2004 Cerre Vocate Soave from Italy. Cost €3 for the bottle. Never trust an early-20s German student to buy your wine for you. I gave him €3.50 for a reason! ;)

Anyways, this album must be one of the best ever - traveller admitted to liking it and Simon isn't even involved! :P

Cheap & crappy! 

380388[/snapback]

oh dear you suck :D

don't buy wine if you don't know for sure that it's good :D

*knows good wines around here*

Edit: as for Ticon .. let me give it a listen or two .. see who wins .. Ticon or Phony Orphants :>

OK, I'm not exactly up to date on psytrance in all it forms (understatement).

I checked this one out and I'm pretty impressed.

I noticed the sound has become more commercial, dare I say "clubby"... but what sets this apart from similar non-psy/regular club music are superior production values and the detailed FX and rhythm. Damn it sounds sooo fat and overwhelming!

It has great effect when listening for the first time... but the mechanic and predictable structures of the music will probably make me lose interest after some time. But that's the nature of this music I guess.

oh dear you suck :D

don't buy wine if you don't know for sure that it's good :D

*knows good wines around here*

yeah, I know - but I was feeling lazy and didn't want to change out of my house pants, so I just sent my flatmate after a bottle. ;)

Edit: as for Ticon .. let me give it a listen or two .. see who wins .. Ticon or Phony Orphants :>

Oh the coincidence. The Orphants album arrived yesterday morning and I'm enjoying it now. :) I think I like the Ticon album better, but this is still fantastic, especially "House for My Spouse".

so I heard the new ticon.. what can I say, its veeeery nice

some tracks stand out very much.. 2 or so are nothing so special

2 tracks that simply kick major ass, top killarghs of the moment are

'in stereo' (very different track, sometimes sounds as if it was 'backwards' or something... awesome)

and 'you make me wanna drink more' (perfect party stormer, full powaaaa, a la dnox and beckers)

and others which I didnt have much time to check out and remember the name yet hehe...

but its a very nice cd for sure :)

Great stuff. Catchy and groovy. Tends to be a bit "clubby", but its just so well done that it doesn't hinder the trax at all. I like the sleeve and the overall theme to the whole package also, great stuff.

Ticon's third is as distinct as the last two albums. Cheers to the duo for such quality tunes that never fail to make me smile.

kids of the 80's indeed.

Wait until you see the new album LIVE like I saw last Sunday.. ;)

Brain damage... :ph34r:

Great performance, great dance floor nuke with elegance and class, great show over all!

It's Superb!

Must be nothingless than mindblowing if you've never heard proper electro before, otherwise it's just pretty awesome.

384505[/snapback]

yeah its a very nice cd.. some tracks, though, like ´in the dirt´ dont stand out, are a bit average (too straight bassline, like old prog).. so its not a 100% perfect cd... but some tracks stand out a lot, like ´in stereo´ and ´you make me wanna drink more´ and a couple of others I forgot...

So summing up: I would def buy it if I had money and if my orders wouldnt get lost all the fking time :)

and the 2 tracks I mentioned, in stereo and make me wanna drink more, both passed the ´acid test´, and with merit haha ;)

Which MP3 Store sells trance?

Do they sell .wav too?

384978[/snapback]

The ds webstore has the album for €6.99, but it is 320kbps mp3s if you can live with that (functionally just as good as .wav for listening & DJing).

www.mpdqx.com (follow link to Digital Structures home, then to their webstore)

The album is also on Beatport, but it's more expensive. However, Beatport will have downloadable .wav files for all of their stock in the near future (or so they promise). Just don't expect it to be much cheaper than buying the CD.

www.beatport.com (now just 320kbps mp3 files, but probably .wav in a month or so)

.wav is stupid...

from what I know, flac is exactly the same quality and half the size

My comments should not be noticed if/when buying the album, cooz i have only listened to this album once. BUT even though i love Ticons older albums and singles, this one sounded too electro/housey for my taste. Like some snobby 80's music!  :rolleyes:  ;)

379104[/snapback]

Whattaaa... Uhhh, Somebody hacked my account! Posted Image

This cd rocks, im listening to it with repeat on nonstop. Very good album and the production is just stunning..!

Several listens later....

I like it even more, if that was possible. :) There is only one song that I don't like ("In Stereo"). There are 4 tracks that make me completely mess my pants ("Kids of the '80s", "U Make Me Wanna Drink More", "Poem for Granny" and "Rip it Up"). The rest are still fucking excellent - at the very least. Not exactly bad - 8 out of 9 tracks (not counting the Prologue) have me jumping around the apartment. :D

I let my flatmate borrow it, and he's on the 2nd straight listen now. Every 30 seconds, I keep hearing him start laughing maniacally or scream "What the hell was that?!" I think he's actually ordering his own copy now. ;)

The revolution will be live!!

Several listens later....

I like it even more, if that was possible. :) There is only one song that I don't like ("In Stereo").  There are 4 tracks that make me completely mess my pants ("Kids of the '80s", "U Make Me Wanna Drink More", "Poem for Granny" and "Rip it Up").  The rest are still fucking excellent - at the very least.  Not exactly bad - 8 out of 9 tracks (not counting the Prologue) have me jumping around the apartment. :D

I let my flatmate borrow it, and he's on the 2nd straight listen now.  Every 30 seconds, I keep hearing him start laughing maniacally or scream "What the hell was that?!"  I think he's actually ordering his own copy now. ;)

The revolution will be live!!

385780[/snapback]

funny how tastes differ.. in stereo is my second fav I think.. So fking weird, sometimes seems the track is backwards or smt.. I hear this track and I imagine scratching vynils and huge mechanical waxing machines going anti-clockwise :lol: ..

the only one that I find kinda average is ´in the dirt´, because it sounds kinda old, too straight bassline and stuff

oh, and krelm... the last track.. Did you notice how it would mix perfectly with son kite - focus (shiloh rmx) ? similar style, perfect for a sunset or sunrise dj set :)

in that Chicken Shaker track...at like 4:25, when this funky sort of breakbeats come in with the voice, surprising and very nice...

and in the ´in stereo´ track, at like 4:11, also surprising change... this is where I imagine the anti-clockwise floor-waxing/synth machines hahahah :lol:

these kind of changes make this album somewhat different.. I like it :)

The ds webstore has the album for €6.99, but it is 320kbps mp3s if you can live with that (functionally just as good as .wav for listening & DJing).

www.mpdqx.com (follow link to Digital Structures home, then to their webstore)

The album is also on Beatport, but it's more expensive.  However, Beatport will have downloadable .wav files for all of their stock in the near future (or so they promise).  Just don't expect it to be much cheaper than buying the CD.

www.beatport.com (now just 320kbps mp3 files, but probably .wav in a month or so)

384997[/snapback]

GREAT!!! I'll check those stores out! The problem for me is that if I buy the CD and have it shipped to Brazil I'll be taxed so it's gonna be expensive.. If I get the .WAV or 320kbps MP3s I'm not taxed and I get good quality music to put in my sets :)

And alien! Stop bitching about the .wavs ;) You keep the FLAC, I keep the WAV.

I played "In Stereo" (I only remembered the track number because of sherlockalien's comments here!!! I almost fucked the mixing because I only remembered the number with 1min20sec left and my beat matching skills aren't good enough yet :lol: ) in my proggie/house set and it worked.. alright

The progtrance set I added Analogue H (track 9), Six Years After (track 10) and... hmmm In the Dirt (4?)

The complete set list is on http://www.fotolog.net/thebadtrip

And I ALMOST played the Son Kite - Focus track, but it was already around 1am so I decided to finish and head back home with my decks.

After several sessions this week-end we've come to the conclusion that Ticon moved al little closer to the Son Kite/Kooler-sound...

Wich is not a bad thing: controlled madness, clean climaxes, fresh sounds you want to grab & feel...

About "In the Dirt" sounding a little too dated: I reckon they put something like that in there too please the ppl who've supported them since the days of "...Mammothhunters" & probably cause they themselves still like to get into the drier & dirtier stuff from-time-too-time too.

Anyhow: a round of applause from my panel of judges at the afterparty at my place this Sunday :P

I personally hope it will continue to grow for the next coupple of weeks like a truely "Great Proggy Album" should...

Eurovision-style "Belgium: 9 points!"