Progg artists from Israel

Tatsu

Israel is most known for its full-on/commercial trance artists. So I'd like to know are there any progressive artists from israel? I don't know much about prog so maybe this is a stupid question. I do like some stuff but I'm more into melodic, so it's not necessarely that I want new stuff to listen to. I'm just general interested what's going on but it still might be that I'll check out some stuff if you recommend me some über-hyper-good prog... ;)

igal m makes some melodic prog tracks, he's from israel

I dont know many others from israel...

I know there are djs.. but artists, thats the only israeli one I can remember right now

Yes there are many prog acts from Israel. In my taste they mostly sound like clubby morning prog, wich is not exctaly my cup of tea.

Some examples is the Yotopia album and Etic both albums.

In terms of the best prog that is out of israel i say its B.L.T material, all of his albums

And our friend also poster of this forum Mr. Prosect himself. He released an really awsome tune with some great melodies called Sonified in V.A Inner Circle... you really should check it out Tas :)

buuuut.... imo we should rely in our prog material from those who come from Scandinavia and Germany....

second time someone mentions yotopia, but I dont agree

I find that to be more like full on with some prog influences than prog with full on influences... not at all my style..

yeah ace ventura (ex-blt)... though also nothing special imo...

mostly israel prog artists are making this mixture of prog and full on which I really dont like.. its like (once again nasrudin haha) neither a candle for the angel neither a poker for the devil :D

I don't really consider Yotopia, Etic, and Lish to be prog in the conventional sense... they go well together. It's more like Israeli morning music though, fat plastic kicks and production techniques more suitable for a psytrance set than prog.

True Israeli prog comes from Perfect Stranger, Igal M, and that sort of deal.

I.M.H.O. :D

Ace Ventura is Yoni from Psysex. He also has an interesting electro-project called Schatsi.

371581[/snapback]

not blt? my mistake then

(still remains that its nothing special... yeah schatsi is a bit better... but doesnt stand out in the electro world imo)

I don't really consider Yotopia, Etic, and Lish to be prog in the conventional sense... they go well together. It's more like Israeli morning music though

firmly agreed

AFAIK the closest you'll find would be Blanka's very post-Bonky stuff, and the stuff on Dooflex records maybe?

israeli energy *could* translate well to the progressive side of things.

*could* :D

There are some other relativley new projects worth mentioning here-

MORAX(half of Triac,which is also kinda proggy but much more Tech-Trancey)

MANUEL DUEGO

both morax and duego just released cool tracks on iboga's SET 6.

other than them there are also

AEROSPACE

&

LISH(which im surprised no one mentioned).

i recommend checking the upcoming album of PERFECT STRANGER though,which is quite different from most israely prog material and gets closer to the scando sound B)

igal m  makes some melodic prog tracks, he's from israel

I dont know many others from israel...

I know there are djs.. but artists, thats the only israeli one I can remember right now

371470[/snapback]

Guess I have to check out Igal M then. I've never heard of him before...

Yes there are many prog acts from Israel. In my taste they mostly sound like clubby morning prog, wich is not exctaly my cup of tea.

Some examples is the Yotopia album and Etic both albums.

In terms of the best prog that is out of israel i say its B.L.T material, all of his albums

And our friend also poster of this forum Mr. Prosect himself. He released an really awsome tune with some great melodies called Sonified in V.A Inner Circle... you really should check it out Tas :)

buuuut.... imo we should rely in our prog material from those who come from Scandinavia and Germany....

371499[/snapback]

When you say nice melodies I just HAVE to check it out, especially when it's a psynews member!

second time someone mentions yotopia, but I dont agree

I find that to be more like full on with some prog influences than prog with full on influences...  not at all my style..

371538[/snapback]

I guess this could be something for me since I like full-on. ;)

Thanks for all the infos so far, I'll try to find some of the stuff and check it out when I go to the psyshop next time. :)

What about A.K.D? AFAIK they are from Israel. I really love their album, minimalistic groovy morning prog trance....or however you could call that....

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything new by A.K.D. since their debut 2 or 3 years ago.

ecotek and all the other side projects ... israeli i'm pretty sure

more like fullon prog though nowadays

they use to be good. now they're dog poop.

371671[/snapback]

true, echotek were good couple of years ago or so.. now they are indeed dog poop...

im sick of this full on - prog fashion

Heya :)

Thanks for including me B)

Anyway, Perfect Stranger got the cool non Israeli sound. Bandit and AKD showed some good stuff in the past. Morax & Triac have the tech prog sound which is rare amoung Israeli producers. Yotopia, Lish, Etic, Ace Ventura got the so called psy prog sound which now all over the Iboga, Flow etc. Igal M. and the project with his friend - Brisker & Magitman (aka Elec3) soon to be all over the prog house world, inlcuding labels like Baroque, Nervine etc. Echotek does some deep progressive time to time.

Myself started a project named Sonify (after making the Sonified track) for more progressive, funky, house and electro oriented music. You can check the 12" out on Baroque "No More Silence" (with Threshold Prod.), and next tracks coming on Tribal Vision and Astro.

Thanks for your time,

ND