"Twillight" Full On/Morning DJ set

Krell

DJ Krell(Virus Tekk/Jester Rec) "Twillight" set.

Download here.: http://www.doei.org/misc/DJ_Krell_-_Twilli...10-05_-_VBR.mp3

My last set was a slow mellow progressive set, this time I have recorded a full on set.

The perfect setting for this set is the early hours preferably outdoors late summer when the sun has just come up, it offers a bit of everything - mellow, psychedelic, funky, groovy, melodic and melancolic tracks ranging from 138 - 144 BPM weaven together in a progressively evolving flow.

You also get a taste of one of the tracks from the upcoming "Shades of Light" compilation out very soon on Virus Tekk Records towards the end of this set.

I would like to say thank you to Elec3 for allowing me use one of their unsigned tracks in this set - Thanks:-)

Overall I am very happy with the mixing, though there is always room for improvements.

Enjoy :-)

Tracklist.

01 Blue Planet Corporation "Entropie" Flying Rhino Records

02 Magnetrixx "Probably (Audiomatic Remix)" AP Records

03 Sun Control Species "Underage Japanese Girls" Green Ant

04 D-Tector "Tonic" Yellow Sunshine Explosion

05 Tranan "Preacher Boy" Spiral Trax

06 Oxyd "Dimensions" High End Music

07 Explorer "Underwater" Mandala Records

08 Sos "Acid Terrorist" Mandala Records

09 Black & White "Geronimo" Hom-Mega Productions

10 Onyx & Perplex "On the Move" Shantipi Records

11 Polaris "Baculejo" Spirit Zone Records

12 Freakulizer "Awakening Process" Revolve Magazine

13 D.N.A "I am" Cosmophilia

14 Synthia System "Whammy Mammy" Organic Records

15 Psysex "High Times(Nick Remix)" Hom-Mega Productions

16 X-Noize & Domestic "Red Handed" Hom-Mega Productions

17 Wrecked Machines vs Panick "Spotless Mind" Spun Records

18 Sirius Isness "I Want Freedom" Mind Control Records

19 Pixel Vs Intelabeam "Methaminimal(Sub 6 Edit)" Green Ant

20 Concept "Existenz" Fungi Records

21 Concept "Mind Tricks" Fungi Records

22 Cosmochaos "Paradoxal Feeling" 3D Vision Records

23 Vibe Tribe "Ananda" Sundance Records

24 Ananda Shake "Fucking Time" Drugless

25 Elec3 "Formed Materials" Unreleased (Used with artists consent)

26 Nasa "A bit closer to Heaven" Virus Tekk Records

27 Protoculture "Oceanic" Yellow Sunshine Explosion

28 Silicon Sound "Modulate" Red Cells Records

Download - http://www.doei.org/misc/DJ_Krell_-_Twilli...10-05_-_VBR.mp3

Quality - 320kbps VBR.

File size - 201MB

Length - 165minutes

Gear - 1 Vestax PMC270a, 2 Pioneer CDJ100s, No Monitors / Headphones only.

Quick Facts about DJ Krell.

Label - Jester Records & Virus Tekk Records.

DJ since - 1994/95 (Club Nod, Goa/Psy)

Genres - Full On, Dark Psy, Progressive House/Trance, Chillout & Old School Goa Trance.

Age - 27 years old.

Sex - As often as possible.

Location - Viking Empire, Denmark.

I'm downloading it right know, it looks good... Tell me when the comp you are talking about is out. I might consider buying it when I like the tracks in your mix. I tell you what I think about the mix when I've heard it several times...

I'm downloading it right know, it looks good... Tell me when the comp you are talking about is out. I might consider buying it when I like the tracks in your mix. I tell you what I think about the mix when I've heard it several times...

370505[/snapback]

The compilations releasedate was today - but, since the CDs actually first arrived at the HQ just now - we still need to distribute them. Talked with the label manager and he thinks within a month is a safe bet.

To keep up to date, checkout this thread every once in a while

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/.../72936/forum/41

Its sure to be updated once there is some concrete information on exactly where to buy it.

and thanks for taking the time for giving the set a good listen :-)

Best wishes

Krell

H o l y _ p h u c k!

Now this is a good set! Obviously there are a handful of tracks that I don't really like - but in the general consensus, this set is indeed nice! This is the best set I've heard in a while (Truth is, I haven't heard that many - but still...) This is exactly how I like a set to be built... You vary between older and newer tracks - sweet! You vary between famous and completely unknown tracks (The two Mandala Record tracks I didn't even know existed!) - Very cool! Well-tested crowd-pleasers vs. unknown tracks is a great combo! Also, you shift back and forth between musical styles - without loosing the ever important flow! Fuck man - I'm impressed!

And I haven't even talked about the mixing yet - which sounds pretty flawless to me... Dude! This is some good shit - a highly recommended download folks!

/DP

I've listened to the set twice. The first time I just didn't get it and stoped listening after half of it. Now after the second time I have to say it really is brilliant! The tracks are very varied but the flow is always there and as DP says the mixing is amazing. My favourite part is near the end with the melodic tracks but the whole mix is just great. Well, what else can I say... Keep up the good work! :)

• 2 weeks later...

370505[/snapback]

Hi Tatsu - Shades of Light has been released now and can easily be ordered @ psyshop HERE

There are also samples so you can check it out before hand :-)

Have a great day :-)

Krell

After everyone was raving about your mixing in various other threads I checked this mix out a couple of days ago, and your technique sure is very good!! The music selection is a whole other matter, after the third track or so I had to tune out to avoid head explosion due to bubblegum overload , but still, mixing wise, you know what you are doing. I wish people playing at parties would mix as good as you. :)

After everyone was raving about your mixing in various other threads I checked this mix out a couple of days ago, and your technique sure is very good!! The music selection is a whole other matter, after the third track or so I had to tune out to avoid head explosion due to bubblegum overload , but still, mixing wise, you know what you are doing. I wish people playing at parties would mix as good as you.  :)

384055[/snapback]

note: he hates full on :P

After everyone was raving about your mixing in various other threads I checked this mix out a couple of days ago, and your technique sure is very good!! The music selection is a whole other matter, after the third track or so I had to tune out to avoid head explosion due to bubblegum overload , but still, mixing wise, you know what you are doing. I wish people playing at parties would mix as good as you.  :)

384055[/snapback]

You should check out his progressive house set then:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=27655&hl=

yes, I do, but Im still trying to compliment the man on his mixing skills, but I dont wanna leave the impression that I approve of the music, so I had to make the distinction clear  :D

384064[/snapback]

Thanks for the compliment :-)

I hope you like the Progressive Trance/House set better then :-)

I will of course also record some Progressive Psytrance set in the future(since thats definately also a genre I spin with great enthusiasm).

One step at a time, next up is a nighttime psychedelic trance set (which I dont think will be to your liking either hehe) :-) After that, I enter my progressive psy cycle, and then its chillout, and the its progressive house/trance once more (around january).

Best Wishes

Krell

Thanks for the compliment :-)

I hope you like the Progressive Trance/House set better then :-)

I will of course also record some Progressive Psytrance set in the future(since thats definately also a genre I spin with great enthusiasm).

One step at a time, next up is a nighttime psychedelic trance set (which I dont think will be to your liking either hehe) :-) After that, I enter my progressive psy cycle, and  then its chillout, and the its progressive house/trance once more (around january).

Best Wishes

Krell

384121[/snapback]

link is dead ?