Derango – TuMuLT

DeathPosture

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Several attempts to follow and feel the album, while sober, failed. Upon several minutes into the trip could not stop seeing the "ophthalmogeomtry" - strong and convincing, on the dark side of the mood but not bloody. Some repetition was obvious but with a " microscope" definitely not simple and no way plain. Liked it a lot. Twisted for me.

Several attempts to follow and feel the album, while sober, failed. Upon several minutes into the trip could not stop seeing the "ophthalmogeomtry" - strong and convincing, on the dark side of the mood but not bloody. Some repetition was obvious but with a " microscope" definitely not simple and no way plain. Liked it a lot. Twisted for me.

568672[/snapback]

i liked your report :D

• 1 month later...

I've listened to it once so far, and I can't say I entirely understand it, but I trust that, like many people here have stated, it gets better with more listens.

400954[/snapback]

So did it?

Rez, your opinion is respected off course, but if you noticed a lot of people here that even listened to derango before took a few listens to appreciate and get into it..

:)

hm....since when randomized noises named  art, or music?  :P

591040[/snapback]

So, you put it on the background for a couple of minutes and didn't even bother to listen, right? And I guess it's not even your style of music.

• 2 weeks later...

Great CD; Intense, trippy as fuck, dense and drenched in psilocybed goo.

I have to say that I'd prefer a little bit more variance like the Sanatonic Audio and the compilation before it, but fucken hell does this get me going.

The next one should be huge, a name to watch for sure.

ITS A FUCKING ALBUM .. .ALL TRACKS ARE COMPLETE DANCEFLOOR AFTER 4 AM . . . .

ERIKSON´S CONNECT !

• 3 weeks later...

So did it?

591042[/snapback]

I gave the album several new listens recently (within the last two weeks or so), and...nothing. I TRIED, though! I really did!

This is another example for me of some seriously technologically advanced music, but that only gets me off to a point, after which I need some musicality to really bring it home and make me want to keep listening to it. Like with Talpa, there's just too much going on here. And yeah, I'm sure if I were stoned I'd enjoy this more - but honestly, doesn't weed help pretty much all music sound interesting? Come on.

Doesn't pass the sober test, my most important test.

*puts Ka-Sol back in the CD player*

I gave the album several new listens recently (within the last two weeks or so), and...nothing. I TRIED, though! I really did!

This is another example for me of some seriously technologically advanced music, but that only gets me off to a point, after which I need some musicality to really bring it home and make me want to keep listening to it. Like with Talpa, there's just too much going on here. And yeah, I'm sure if I were stoned I'd enjoy this more - but honestly, doesn't weed help pretty much all music sound interesting? Come on.

Doesn't pass the sober test, my most important test.

*puts Ka-Sol back in the CD player*

607994[/snapback]

yap you are right,all music is audible in another level when stoned but some musicmore... in my case though it passes the sober test... I find some musicality..

Might I asume that the track you like the most is The Poisonous Square ??

Ka-Sol is very good but i prefer Derango...

i gave this one the mdma test not too long ago and to my surprise it passed with flying colours, unlike most of the dark and twisted genre...in my twisted book of twisted meanings that makes this twisted music, even better in a twisted way, without having to twist anything on itself... which... is, kind of twisted.

I simply wish the album had more flavorful character, changes, imagination, and melodies, the way Derango pulls off track 6.

Although I find the album for it being psychedelic, good, I find The Poisonous Square their best work to date.

That ripping melody 2:29 minutes into the track really compliments all of those bubbly PSY-sounds going on, adding depth and making the song more juicy and flavorful (it's just more catchy) sounding. The same thing goes for the part at 3:30...which doesn't last long but so very cool sounding. And something else at around 5:08... and then after around 5:30... and something else at around 7:30...track 6 just doesn't know how not to kickass!!

The Poisonous Square is constantly interesting, catchy, and engaging. I'd love to hear more songs at this level....and even better!!

After track 6 however, the album returns to it's same twisted, more repetitive and mad/psy style as before. Things continue without a track I find up to par with track 6. There are no memorable melodies or memorable melodic parts either for the rest of the album. :huh:

Eventually, listening to this album is like running crazilly through the dark forest at first...but eventually I feel like I'm in the middle of a dessert without any water to quench my thirst. The album begins to sound too similar and kind of dry in it's own overkill due to lacking something more...more kickass song character, changes, direction, atmosphere, and melodies to ride on. However long it took... whatever Derango did in track 6 worked and made quite an impression based on general reviews and feedback I've read throughout the internet including this thread right here.

And I do admire and like other tracks on the album. The intros are interesting and the few voice samples generally sound good. Tracks 1, 2, 5, 6, and 8 I most enjoy here. Also, I like the opening song which has these eerie sounds and atmosphere. It's cool and I like how the song does not depend on tons of squeeky, trippy sounds in order to be good.

If Derango wanted to impress with being more psychedelic than 99% of all psytrance albums out there, they pulled it off with Tumult I think. However, without being more than making an album packed with psy-sounds in their rough style, they'll turn many people off also because few tracks stand out outside of track 6 and few others. Track 6 seems to be a super-song (by Derango) according to many people who buy and dig them.

I don't care for tracks 3 and 7. They aren't engaging to me. I find the first two tracks very cool, (track 1 with those eerie sounds, mild ambience, atmosphere) ... and then with track 4, the album seems to improve after slumping a bit with track 3. It gets better from tracks 4 through 6 I feel.

Simply put, people love, hate, or find themselves somewhere in the middle (as I do) with this album. I really like Derango and their style when they pull off more elaborate, ambitious works like track 6. And if they make a follow-up to Tumult, I think it would be great if more songs took place with the fusion of their psy-sounds simultaneously with more juicy *KICKASS* melodies. It would be great if all of their songs were "super-songs" but thats asking for too much probably. Regardless, with a follow-up, it would be great if all their songs stood out and were preferably great and masterpieces. That would be awesome!! :)