About Psynews, Me as a moderator...

Oke, hehe I see that it got a bit off topic (My own fault of course, *slaps myself a bit with a large trout*).

Oke,

WHY did I suggest this subforum? Only to make it easy to find when a user posts a mix on the forum. If you look for a mix, you go to the Music Making > Dj Mixes forum.

Other reason, if you had a mix by a user, and you wanted to find the mix again, you could search it much easier with the search function.

Now you have a lot of posts, everywhere on the forum with great mixes, but they are drowned by all other posts, hence the "promotion" is not successful :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you got my point :)

369388[/snapback]

Nope. This forum is dedicated to psytrance (hence the banner at the top of the window). It makes sense to me therefore to have an area where you can easily find information about the people who make it (if they can be bothered to post their information there) without trawling through pages of irrelevant threads. It's not about feeding egos, it's about enabling access to information.

If such an area was created I bet you'd use it. I know I would.

Then why not also make a sub forum for "regular" users where they can tell their own stories, post their pictures etc.  and have other comment it?

see my point? 

I still think this forum have more than enough possibilities for artists and dj's to promote themself.  in my opinion there's really no need for more Artist/Dj promotion.

369370[/snapback]

Sure I see your point. But since it's a psyforum I'm way more interested in getting a mix from a user than hearing some of his stories (that's what the posts in the off-topic section are for). For the rest of my point read Tekks' reply, that's exactly what I mean. :)

Nope.  This forum is dedicated to psytrance (hence the banner at the top of the window).  It makes sense to me therefore to have an area where you can easily find information about the people who make it (if they can be bothered to post their information there) without trawling through pages of irrelevant threads.  It's not about feeding egos, it's about enabling access to information.

If such an area was created I bet you'd use it.  I know I would.

369395[/snapback]

i like the DJ mixes idea, but it should be in the general section, not in music making

Nope.  This forum is dedicated to psytrance (hence the banner at the top of the window).  It makes sense to me therefore to have an area where you can easily find information about the people who make it (if they can be bothered to post their information there) without trawling through pages of irrelevant threads.  It's not about feeding egos, it's about enabling access to information.

If such an area was created I bet you'd use it.  I know I would.

369395[/snapback]

I dont think it's so hard to go to the general section and find promotional posts from artists and dj's and then if I am not mistaken there's already this forum that is used by artists/dj's and labels for promotion:

Artist news and label announcements

Why change something that work well?

Edited by Kris

I dont think it's so hard to go to the general section and find promotional posts from artists and dj's and then if I am not mistaken it there's already this forum:

Artist news and label information

Why change something that work well?

369403[/snapback]

:unsure::rolleyes::ph34r:;):P:D

ok

A section for mixes would be good though. We've got one on Psy-Forum and it gets used quite a lot.

Not really change but enhance...

I personally would NEVER add a link it that section (Artist news...) when I had a DJ mix ready. Mainly because when I read posts in that department I'm expecting professional releases or infos for labels and stuff. And not some trainwrecked dj-mix by a nobody...

I personally would NEVER add a link it that section (Artist news...) when I had a DJ mix ready. Mainly because when I read posts in that department I'm expecting professional releases or infos for labels and stuff. And not some trainwrecked dj-mix by a nobody...

369407[/snapback]

Now if I am not mistaken we are not debating the dj mix thing as suggested by tekk but more Moni's suggestion to have a dedicated sub forum for artist/djs to promote their stuff. and for "regular" user to interact with them (it's already happening).. I just dont see the point when we already have such a forum as i linked to in my previous post. But i am not trying to tell people not to request it and think it's a good idea. I am just saying what i think.

A section for mixes would be good though.  We've got one on Psy-Forum and it gets used quite a lot.

369406[/snapback]

That I never disagreed with and I think it's great :)

Now if I am not mistaken we are not debating the dj mix thing as suggested by tekk but more Moni's suggestion to have a dedicated sub forum for artist/djs to promote their stuff. and for "regular" user to interact with them (it's already happening).. I just dont see the point when we already have such a forum as i linked to in my previous post.  But i am not trying to tell people not to request it and think it's a good idea. I am just saying what i think.

369408[/snapback]

Huh, I'm sorry... I thought that those two things are the same! Means that artists active at psynews have a space to post their stuff (like DJ mixes) so people can easily find it. But now I'm a bit confues... :huh:

nemo's idea and my idea could be merged.

but i don't care about my idea so much, it was just a nice thought.

369411[/snapback]

i am not dishing your idea or saying it should not be done. i just think we already have a working forum like that.. no one just dont really use it much.

A mix section would be really nice, but I think that it should be a sub section of the general forum not the music making.

More people would see it then since most stop by the general, but it is my impression(could be wrong) that not so many swing by the music making.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace

BTW:welcome back Nemo.

A mix section would be really nice, but I think that it should be a sub section of the general forum not the music making.

More people would see it then since most stop by the general, but it is my impression(could be wrong) that not so many swing by the music making.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace

BTW:welcome back Nemo.

369414[/snapback]

they would, if they were interested in mixes :D

any place would be fine i suppose :)

369407[/snapback]

nobody :blink: ?!?!?

but still, rate someone/him-her self as noboy is "a little bit underrated" :)

369462[/snapback]

Moni's right, I'm a nobody at DJing when compared to someone like Ukiro, DP or some other pros here at psynews. I don't see a problem in that, I mean I can't DJ but that doens't mean I'm a lesser person than a good DJ. See?

Moni's right, I'm a nobody at DJing when compared to someone like Ukiro, DP or some other pros here at psynews. I don't see a problem in that, I mean I can't DJ but that doens't mean I'm a lesser person than a good DJ. See?

369464[/snapback]

yes ;)

good work nemo, I always like you as mod before you were tekk and never had complains...

but aren't you posting in the wrong section :P

maybe mover your thread :D

still, glad you're not leaving us, we were feeling abanned for a while, it was like everybody was leaving :blink:

it brings postive vibes your thread...

keep up the good work !

I dont have anything against you at all, obviously..

I just find thread-moving to be some quite annoying unnecessary nitpicking behavior...

(I made a poll and so far 70% of the people were not bothered with the threads you moved before you moved)

:)

I dont have anything against you at all, obviously..

I just find thread-moving to be some quite annoying unnecessary nitpicking behavior...

(I made a poll and so far 70% of the people were not bothered with the threads you moved before you moved)

:)

369479[/snapback]

ok true but it's not like they move the threads 1000 miles away...

it's just like one click more :D

ok true but it's not like they move the threads 1000 miles away...

it's just like one click more  :D

369480[/snapback]

yeah I agree its not the end of the world... but its quite a bit annoying, if I post something in one place and I think it should be in that place, for someone else to move it without any general consensus or even talking to the person who made it ;)

(but enough about this... im done with this moderating talk, I said what I think about it already)