Khetzal - Corolle

goababa

First off i think there has been unwanted negative energy build up for no apparent reason :ph34r:

comin back 2 the music...You can never compare two artists no matter even if the sound similar coz the creative output at some point will vary....this is the case between filteria and Khetzal...besides Stars most of the Filteria stuff is gr8 but the style varies from Khetzal...petes here sez that Filteria sounds more aggressive Goa and Khetzal is more beautiful melodic but at the same time boiling hot bubbling GOA...I go completely with Khetzals form of sound....both are making GOA...but their forms are so different....the more you listen to corolle you start to see the beauty and harmonics he has planted while making this album...more mystical/hypnotic Indian influences are seen...the ride of the music are like waves of the ocean...comes and goes....and then at times it builds up a storm....so much of variety in one album all packed meticulously with the right strain of Goa melodies...then there is also a 160bpm track!!!! ...thats not being experimental but actually capturing the tempo at which Goa flies  :P ...can't stop even if u want to....the music is even more beautiful than the CD cover...and if u r on a dozen of dark storm mushies damn! everything lights up.....the acid reeks from all the tracks  ;) ...exquisite stuff~  spiritually expanding....wickedly gorgeous!  makes u reconnect back with nature, your breathing, the sun, the winds ur breath!  I don't wanna ruin his effort by comparing to some other artist and neither would i wanna compare to some of the 96-98 stuff....the GOA power is fully there...waiting for you to explore it...waiting for you to enjoy it....and believe me the more u listen to this album the most evolved you feel....the more higher you get and then there is no coming down~  B)

370125[/snapback]

Huh, one more gem.

You can compare any artist to any artist, any style to any style.

• 2 months later...

Quite simply my favourite album of the past year. It hits the spot for me. Maybe some elements are a little cheesy or clichéd but they certainly do not bother me. I for one am a huge fan of eastern style themes and music and so I love the influences there.

When I get home from a long work week at 10:00 pm on Sundays I drift off into a smoky haze and most of the time it's with this album taking me on a spectacular, smooth, magic carpet ride into the mystical.

Love it. Holding thumbs for more. 10/10.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Khetzal album ist the best Goa album ever!!

Bells of Sarnath is definitly the most complex goa ever made, and my personal all-time favorite.

I also think that is so hard to beat that it might forever be the best goa ever.

Also nice is Listening winds, Indian attic is nice at 6:30 and on with this incredibly emotional melody in the background. The other songs are ok.

If you are a serios goa collector, this one is a must-buy.

And if you don't like this album, you must be a full-on techno fan :)

• 2 months later...

This is such a beautiful, creative, and passionately produced album. It's a real work of art.

Khetzal, please make another if you feel drawn to doing so in your heart.

• 4 months later...

This same moment I'm writting this, Khetzal's "Corolle" is blasting out of my speakers... And I am delighted with what it has to offer. More than ever...

This is my favorite Suntrip Records release so far by some distance because I find it to be both highly creative and original, while recapturing the vibes and the feelings of the past without sounding "trying to hard" to be old school! The flow of the album is perfect, the tracks are spotlessly incorporated into each other, giving the album a superb and continuos flow, I would dare say in the same vein as Jaia's "Blue energy"! The album starts on the down tempoish side, taking time to really expose all it has to offer, and it really comes to life during its mid section, and then slowly taking a dive back into some ambient waters... Wonderful stuff here! A few albums in my collection work so smoothly for home listening, while simultaneously having the potential to move the most demanding crowd around. There isn't a single dull second on the whole album, but need I pick a standout track, IMO it would be Indian Attic, which has a superb climax!!! The melody that flies in after a pretty long build up is nothing short of a miracle, pure morning goa trance bliss!!! And the following track, Djaningar, is also simply put beautiful- packed with eastern influenced melodies floating so smoothly all over the place...

There are even more upbeat dancefloor burners like Bells Of Sarnath and Ganesha Pramana, especially the latter, which literary explodes after some elefant sample is heard... The layers, the sounds, the melodies- there is enough of them to break this one up and create three stompers. But here this guy arranges it flawlessly in one single track. Don't get confused and think these are some ordinary dance tracks, though. Each and every track here is top notch emotion, making your heart bleed melodies are impossible not to notice! And once again I have to go back to Jaia's mesmerizing debut, as "Corolle" in my ears stands as potentially the only other album which so immaculately blends dance floor orinetated music with really emotional ambientesque tunes... I mean, when the BPM rate of these track starts to decrease towards the end of the album, I seriously doubt you'll be revolting, as this guy does it with so much confidence and sheer skill! Speaking of arrangements, Matthieu Chamoux does not miss a single beat. From old school goa trance melodies to live instruments (and the violins he uses deserve a special mention here), from ancient eastern influences to modern production tricks and techniques, it's all here. This is one album that should satisfy grumpy old nostalgic trancers and newcomers alike!

From me, this album already gets a firm 9/10, but only time will tell its true value and give it the well deserved "classic" sticker!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

I spent many hours perfecting my extensive review on page 3 as if I'm gonna get a present from Jenna Jameson. Posted Image

This album is awesome and I look forward to the next. Posted Image

same over here, still the best suntrip release ever imo ^_^

@ Sideffect & Manuser: I see we're all heavily amazed by this incredible gem... I don't think my review a few mouse scrolls up the page does this album justice.

This album is sweeter then molassess, slicker than Lucky Luciano's hair, more raw than Bolivian cocaine, fresher than the Old Spice aftershave lotion, flows nicer than the Nile river, as melodic as Vienna's philharmonic orchestra on amphetamines, has more to say than any of those never ending interviews with Quentin Tarantino, smoother than Sade's "Smooth Operator", has enough power to blow Superman right out of the frame, more emotional than Danielle Steel's complete heart-tearing body of work, more stomping than Farrakhan's million man march, sharper than Michael Myer's butcher knives, louder than your local neighbourhood crew of drunks singing at 3 in the morning from the top of their lungs, has so much going on for the whole time it makes New York's Wall Street stock market seem like some nursery school, shines brighter than 50 Cent's gold chains and teeth combined, has enough confidence to make David Copperfield's ego shring back into a fetus, more attitude than Shaquile O'Neal's slam dunks, it stands out so much from the common and ordinary that even Nietzsche's ubermensch would crawl back to his cave with his tail all tucked in between his legs, and last but not least, it gives the jaw dropping effect equivalent to Mike Tyson smacking you with plastic bags filled with hot urin across your cheeks!

If by now you still don't get it, it is possible you dislike music. Not to give this one at least two listens is about as dumb as buying a pack of red Marlboro's with a hundred dollar bill, and letting the clerk keep the change...

Do yourself, your family, friends, pets, girfriends/boyfriends a favor and get this one! Without a doubt one of my top 5 post year 2000 releases!!!

'tis good but sometimes I have to be in the mood for it. I definately has a nice spiritual vibe to it & all the tracks sound beautiful but the last track is just :wub:

Guest antic

@ Sideffect & Manuser: I see we're all heavily amazed by this incredible gem... I don't think my review a few mpuse scrolls up the page does this album justice.

This album is sweeter then molassess, slicker than Lucky Luciano's hair, more raw than Bolivian cocaine, fresher than the Old Spice aftershave lotion, flows nicer than the Nile river, as melodic as Vienna's philharmonic orchestra on amphetamines, has more to say than any of those never ending interviews with Quentin Tarantino, smoother than Sade's "Smooth Operator", has enough power to blow Superman right out of the frame, more emotional than Danielle Steel's complete heart-tearing body of work, more stomping than Farrakhan's million man march, sharper than Michael Myer's butcher knives, louder than your local neighbourhood crew of drunks singing at 3 in the morning from the top of their lungs, has so much going on for the whole time it makes New York's Wall Street stock market seem like some nursery school, shines brighter than 50 Cent's gold chains and teeth combined, has enough confidence to make David Copperfield's ego shring back into a fetus, more attitude than Shaquile O'Neal's slam dunks, it stands out so much from the common and ordinary that even Nietzsche's ubermensch would crawl back to his cave with his tail all tucked in between his legs, and last but not least, it gives the jaw dropping effect equivalent to Mike Tyson smacking you with plastic bags filled with hot urin across your cheeks!

If by now you still don't get it, it is possible you dislike music. Not to give this one at least two listens is about as dumb as buying a pack of red Marlboro's with a hundred dollar bill, and letting the clerk keep the change...

Do yourself, your family, friends, pets, girfriends/boyfriends a favor and get this one! Without a doubt one of my top 5 post year 2000 releases!!!

Best review I read in ages!!! :lol:

@ Sideffect & Manuser: I see we're all heavily amazed by this incredible gem... I don't think my review a few mouse scrolls up the page does this album justice.

remarkable post,

nice said

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Of all of Suntrip's releases I find myself coming back to this one the most, to date. It's a beautiful album with a strong track list. The opening track alone, Listening Winds is one of the most earthy, clear, and flowing songs..

There is something I wanted to mention not available in my review. At first and even after several listens I wasn't so sure how excactly to compartmentalize track 9 because initially my mind was more focused on "Climax.. Energy. Roller coaster." I want to say that Goa isn't about just climax. I think 8. Nyiragongo is a great track. Many Goa albums end with a downbeat (slower in speed) Goa-esque track. Khetzal thankfully added one to top things off after track 8.

This artist never abuses his cleverly added moments, nor does he under-use them. If anything he is aware and understands for the most part, just what and how many ingredients to use. The artist creates a wonderful balance of power and peace throughout Corolle. Light is very powerful folks. Even the peaceful tracks are powerful here.

To Khetzal: You were on to something very special here. Please make a follow up album to this one day.

If I could change something about this album, I wouldn't!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sometimes it takes a while to really appreciate a good album, this album didn´t pass by unnoticed, but I somehow missed how great it is. I always liked the track: Bells of Sarnath, and I had just skipped through the other tracks without really giving them a sincere chance. So today I took a walk in the morning sun, and now I understand what all the fuzz was about this album B) The CD has a very nice theme, and it has very good production value. Lovely deep kick drums and fat basslines, with a very clever soundscape on top. Love the reverbs and delays on the hi hat/tamburine. The only track I didn´t gel with so far, is the for my taste to fast/high BPM track: Ganesha Pramana.

Oh and THE pads... lush, dreamy and floating. The first track: Listening winds, is simply beautiful with its slow paced flow.