3. Bells of Sarnath

4. Narayana

5. Ganesha Pramana

6. Indian Attic

7. Djaningar

8. Nyiragongo

9. Avasari

check out the tracks...

1. Listening Winds : Track starts of with tasty forest sounds...birds twittering...the sun playing tricks with clouds... trying to set free... freeing the mind...calm upper track with floaty synth laced sounds:::2'28" brief pause with the forest emerging again...varied tapestry merging into the subconscious...hints of eastern grooves flying floating:::5'04" the sounds melts into the horizon with some spectacular synth once again bringing out the rainbows ending blissfully into the jungle.

2. Anamatha (Remix) : Intense powers of the chakras accumulating...track starts of beautifully with an Indian female vocal sample...tablas....classic Goa bubbling... hypnotic sound starts the ride at 2'26" twisted acid sitar trails...psychedelic textures which we have been thirsting for so long...the eastern ambience is hard to miss...the female vocal sampling itself here n there...melodic but not in a cheesy way...just the perfect groove to set the gear to powerdrive....4'33" brings out the melody in an indistinct manner pouring sweet nectar into the eyes...ears n mind....the sample still playing somewhere ...building up energy....rising...ready...6'30" you can feel the exhilirating influence of the cosmic power...leaving you energized...state of peaceful bliss....

3. Bells of Saranath : After attaining enlightenment at Bodh Gaya the Buddha went to Sarnath; and it was here that he preached his first discourse in the deer park to set in motion the 'Wheel of the Dharma'. It is one of the most holy sites as in this place the stream of the Buddha's teaching first flowed. The whirling vortex of goa melodies floating inthe air....0'53" the sky tears open with the drums...forgotten goa kicks n licks...the mantra begins...driving you further n further into trance...hypnotic currents of electricity...3'31" the baba unfolds the sacred prayer and serious flying with cosmic fragments into another dimension is about to set-off ....4'07" weaving the delicate fabrics of acid into the atmosphere...shadows of spirits racing in the hidden depths of the sky...catching a wisp of psychedelic!

4. Narayana : Narayana, in Hinduism, is the purification of the creative of Lord Vishnu associated, therefore, with the sun. It is Narayana, as solar energy moving upon the face of the waters, which produces creation. At the end of this cycle of this particular universe, Narayana/Vishnu rests on the coiled form of Sesa-naga, the endless serpent, and when, in due course, he awakes again, the creative process is renewed. And the track starts just at that .....fiery fierce powerful solar energy building up dust in the sacred dancefloor...0'58" the superior solar flares skimming ur aura to brighten up the soul...1'27" harmonic strains of a strange synth sitar acidified and melting with the skyline...the melody haunting and daunting at the same time....a weird animal coos at 2'22" bringing the fiery power of the bass to be churned against the hynotic melody which surfaces....3'42" brings on the melodic swirl captivating the youthful energy of the sun....4'20" leaves you pondering over the cosmic powers of existence....like a ninja slicing the air the sounds chops you at 5'08" attaining supreme control over the senses....indeed you have merged with the Sun God and all else that is divine~

5. Ganesha Pramana : The son of Shiva and Parvati, Ganesha has an elephantine countenance with a curved trunk and big ears, and a huge pot-bellied body of a human being. He is the Lord of success and destroyer of evils and obstacles. He is also worshipped as the god of education, knowledge, wisdom and wealth. 1'05 the sacred sound of the elephant god wakes you up from the acidic myst speeding with doses of color and magic....ultraviolet visions of insight....lemurian beings communicating....and the most haunting violin string reminds you of the complexities of nature..... 2'37" flies u higher n higher like a kite....only that there is no one controlling this flight...you are the rider, the navigator...emerging out from various portals of light...realizing that you are needed in other parallel dimesions....4'11" mystical worship of the elephant God and his powerful natural being is reflected as spores of light start shooting outta ur third eye...where at 4'55" you feel him all the way in your veins and glistening with sweet sweat of the pacy racy psychedelic sounds....yes this one rises bringing in the strong tornado of lysergia...transporting you into hyperspace...never letting you go...and what BPM is that....whoah!

6. Indian Attic : A mystical initiation into the tradition of Goa...melodies spin in chaotic order of harmony...the violin soothes away the peaks of jagged edges in the sky....a psykedelic haunting lead manifests itself raising the energy...3'30" climate changes giving way to a change that is inevitable....haunting and taunting ur insides...familiar tablas invoking ancients gods and goddesses, rooting yourself to the dance floor becoming unified in space...5'24" brings in the awesome force of the Gods lifting you through the energy channels climbing, flying, soaring, spaceborne, the melodic hypnotizing acid filled sounds putting u into a complete controlled trance consciousness...this is one non stop ride into the cosmos...

7. Djaningar : A galloping horse ?! or was it just a hallucination...squidgy polished sounds rubbing against each other...1'20" the splendid delicious acid lines and drums scrunch and munch through the air....2'07" a melody so mesmerizing...rapturous emotions...tunneling of cross platform whirlpools....3'.00" different layers of color trail around each other....alien languages spoken with a babylonian twist.....unstoppable feelings of movement....obscure incomprehensible 5'11" resonance of aliens...6'23" uplifting refreshing cool fresh unpolluted landscapes....genial genius of crystal sounds....this track demonstrates the purity of Goa harmony....and the horse gallops by~

8. Nyiragongo : Nyiragongo is associated with the East African Rift and is part of the Virunga Volcanic Chain. It is in the Congo, not far from the border with Rwanda. Nyiragongo is in Virunga National Park and is of Africa's most active volcanoes. And as it is with the volcanoes the bubbling of the lava can be heard right from the start. Hidden sounds from the center of the earth....Tight sounds holding the fabric of psychedelic tribal drum textures like an adhesive....1'37" brings in the phased sound of an african heritage...tribalism and shamanism synergize...3'40" turns up the power of the tribal warcraft....strong power unleashed into ur soul....beautiful harmonic resonances of shadows on the shifting plains....wild spirits of Africa....amalgamating to form an untainted ball of force...no way to miss ur primal tribal nature...arousing the cry of the god Oduduwa...amazing track!

9. Avasari : The feeling of perpetual need of expanding your horizon is the staple on this track and as much as technology has taken us further into progress u cant help but notice that we are still in our primordial form of being and rather than fight to change we need to just let go and relax into the ebb of our cosmic psyche..water flowing...releasing the strains of the tedium...3'30" a beautiful flanger brings on the Goddess of ur soul urging you to take the next step into the higher consciousness of evolution. The goddess unfolds the true meaning of being....Very beautiful ambient track!!

Really hard to choose....and so many favorites :P

Fav Tracks: 3/4/6/7/8/9

Glad I bought this CD....and this is such a relief to my sore ears....sore from hearing the patented repetitive tiring full-on sounds....Khetzal has released something like a breath of fresh air :) each track filled with energy and hope that is Goa....melodic pure luscious GOA...lotsa people say this is a remake of the oldies injected with the new...not quite....rather this is a statement of what Goa music is all about...the beauty... the warped but refined complexity.... the textures.... the drive to evolve is all featured in this incredibly twin turbo-charged album...shiniest of sounds and the most liquid melodies around! reminds me of sweeeeet Arambol back in 97 :P

===

peace n love...

+++++

Updated: My review has been updated on page 3.

Actually *wow* you're correct. It is going to be a pussy party. How did you guess? :D

PS: To everyone. Can we stick to reviews for this album? This post of mine will become a review once I receive this album! I will change it ... and I have reseved my spot right here until I write a review, my copy has already been ordered! :) 

368908[/snapback]

Jon Cocco:::you sound very grown up and mature>>> Freak!

its guys like u who give the Goa state of mind / attitude a bad name...coz u never knew wat Goa was all abt anyway....

and btw when i finish the rest of the songs I will put my review here!!!! else let the mod gods take it up B)

goababa, I give a genre of music a bad name for making one playful, immature comment? Sure. Like name calling is mature. You have got to be kidding me. And I mentioned sticking to reviews and turning my post into a review .. simply to not sound hypocritical, after all I haven't yet written a review. Lastly, I'm sure you realized that I don't want to fill up this thread with "comments" that stray from the whole point of this thread, the album reviews. You can write as many posts as you want but in a week there will be only one from me. For me at least, I find it respectful not to write a bunch of posts in a review thread that aren't reviews because people are reading this to see what others think of the album. We're all here to enjoy this great music and commuincate about it, and I'm sure you agree. Have a nice weekend.

so u mean to say i've written something from the discovery channel...man wat i have written is a 'review'...the way it is...the way Corolle makes me feel...if u r looking for some cheap credit on review writing go ahead....i ain't stopping u...and like u said its all abt the music and what it makes u feel...enjoy it Cocco...even if its hard to digest! B)

Dude what are you talking about? I enjoyed reading your review and haven't wrote one yet. My last post had nothing to do with your review. Read my recently posted IM the Supervisor review to see how cheap credit I go for in a review. My last post has to do with ending these negative, off-topic messages. Then I'll turn this message into a review like your first post was, a real review. Thats why I said, lets focus on the music, Yes, like you started in the beginning of this thread. Can we quit the negative chat? I'm not making it sound personal by calling you a name, as you called me a freak as a person, which is what prompted me to reply. So okay, lets not irritate each other anymore. I was actually before any of that crap started, excited about the album based on the samples and your review. You as well seem to have been listening to this music for a long time. So why not talk about that? I would much rather talk about that then whatever else we've been doing and I hope you agree. Since you're very familiar with this music, how did you think this album compars to Filteria? They're several of the few (or only?) main artist goatrance albums that have released in the last two years I think. Actually, check out my reviews on Apsara and Filteria if you like. Although differing styles of course, could you compare Khetzal to Filteria? Is there one you liked more, and why?

368908[/snapback]

First off i think there has been unwanted negative energy build up for no apparent reason :ph34r:

comin back 2 the music...You can never compare two artists no matter even if the sound similar coz the creative output at some point will vary....this is the case between filteria and Khetzal...besides Stars most of the Filteria stuff is gr8 but the style varies from Khetzal...petes here sez that Filteria sounds more aggressive Goa and Khetzal is more beautiful melodic but at the same time boiling hot bubbling GOA...I go completely with Khetzals form of sound....both are making GOA...but their forms are so different....the more you listen to corolle you start to see the beauty and harmonics he has planted while making this album...more mystical/hypnotic Indian influences are seen...the ride of the music are like waves of the ocean...comes and goes....and then at times it builds up a storm....so much of variety in one album all packed meticulously with the right strain of Goa melodies...then there is also a 160bpm track!!!! ...thats not being experimental but actually capturing the tempo at which Goa flies :P ...can't stop even if u want to....the music is even more beautiful than the CD cover...and if u r on a dozen of dark storm mushies damn! everything lights up.....the acid reeks from all the tracks ;) ...exquisite stuff~ spiritually expanding....wickedly gorgeous! makes u reconnect back with nature, your breathing, the sun, the winds ur breath! I don't wanna ruin his effort by comparing to some other artist and neither would i wanna compare to some of the 96-98 stuff....the GOA power is fully there...waiting for you to explore it...waiting for you to enjoy it....and believe me the more u listen to this album the most evolved you feel....the more higher you get and then there is no coming down~ B)

You can never compare two artists no matter even if the sound similar coz the creative output at some point will vary....this is the case between filteria and Khetzal...both are making GOA...but their forms of sounds are so different....the more you listen to corolle you start to see the beauty and harmonics he has planted while making this album...more mystical/hypnotic Indian influences are seen...the ride of the music are like waves of the ocean...comes and goes....and then at times it builds up a storm....so much of variety in one album all packed meticulously with the right strain of Goa melodies...then there is also a 160bpm track!!!! ...thats not being experimental but actually capturing the tempo at which Goa flies  :P ...can't stop even if u want to....the music is even more beautiful than the CD cover...and if u r on a dozen of dark storm mushies damn! everything lights up.....the acid reeks from all the tracks  ;) ...exquisite stuff~  spiritually expanding....wickedly gorgeous!  makes u reconnect back with nature, your breathing, the sun, the winds ur breath!  I don't wanna ruin his effort by comparing to some other artist and neither would i wanna compare to some of the 96-98 stuff....the GOA power is fully there...waiting for you to explore it...waiting for you to enjoy it....and believe me the more u listen to this album the most evolved you feel....the more higher you get and then there is no coming down~  B)

370125[/snapback]

nice word, nice said, I do agree with your description :)

I bought Apsara.

I like a lot this compilation but i find first track slow progressive ambient and second track cheesy. Awesome the other tracks.

Due to i prefer goa trance can you recommend this Khetzal Corolle album?

370394[/snapback]

Yes. A great spiritual goa with eastern/indian influences. Listen to the samples @ saiko, they say alot, imo.

I bought Apsara.

I like a lot this compilation but i find first track slow progressive ambient and second track cheesy. Awesome the other tracks.

Due to i prefer goa trance can you recommend this Khetzal Corolle album?

370394[/snapback]

if u r someone who has Goa in ur soul then Khetzal is very moving...giving those bursts of enlightenment while listening....and the more u give it a spin it just raises u higher n higher....this is a definite "must have" beautiful work from a brilliant artiste :) whether ur high or not this music gets u there...travel without moving...seeing psychedelic without hallucinating :P

and to that someone hu wants to lower his standards...don't do that....appreciation of art and beauty is an acquired taste....meaning u haven't tasted enuff to appreciate ;)

Tracklist

1. Listening Winds

2. Anamatha (Remix)

3. Bells of Sarnath

4. Narayana

5. Ganesha Pramana

6. Indian Attic

7. Djaningar

8. Nyiragongo

9. Avasari

1.Listening Winds

1st track is downtempo/chill... starts with some nice,calm bird sounds in the forest during the morning, then the slow beat kicks in and there's a dreamy soundscape created... Not something extraordinary, definitely decent track though ;)

2.Anamatha (Remix)

Eastern vocals..very nice sounds, perfect intro..This builds up into a hypnotic track with variation in background sounds and effects, flowing very smoothly...

3.Bells of Sarnath

Fx, melodies, layers slowly coming to life...track loading up, kick kicks in and here you are dancing trying to reach the sky.Indian influences are of course apparent in this one too... ;)

4.Narayana

Similar style to previous one, danceable with nice melodies, eastern vibes all around the places blended with with electronica synths and melodies... around 4.40 acid sounds kick in... a nice effect and the track is boosted...

5.Ganesha Pramana

Intro is full of mystery and awe... Very oriental long notes now and then...Probably the most intense,energetic,fast track of this album. Various layers, a few playing short 1/16 notes, some longest eastern-influenced leads playing indian melodies now and then... a gem... ;)

6.Indian Attic

Full of {easternized}melodies, just sit back and relax...

7.Djaningar

Relaxation time now, as it seems.hmm, yes dreamy,peaceful harmonic atmosphere until the kick gets in... then melodies discreetly invade and the dream is prolonged... This track might remind you a bit of Man With No Names work, a few similarities in style, but totally different too of course ;)

8.Nyiragongo

The only dark track of this album[at some points].. It's intense too.. no more dreamy soft atmosphere, now we're in delirium ,+ more techy sounds...The melodies get in to bring the equilibrum between high-tech and tradition, aggresiveness and calmness,dark and light. It seems light prevails in the end.... :D The beat is broken for a long part of the track , which is something i like... ;)

9.Avasari

Circle has to close...Clean electronic sounds all over the room...one word:Ethereal.Of course eastern vocals didnt have any choice but to be present now and then... ;) This album ends leaving you with a feeling of nostalgy/melancholy...

=-=-=-= Conclusion/Summary =-=-=-=

Corolle is a gem... Great surprise by Khetzal & Suntrip !

This album does not imitate any old school album, i would say it's unique AND innovative too, production is crystal clear, quality high enough for my ears, musically it's great, goa and Goa. ;)

I dont see any reason NOT to give it 10/10... so I will...

Rating: 10/10

;) Bom ppl ;) i recommend this album ;)

**-^-}{-<>-<>-}{-<>-<>-}{-^-**

** -^-][-¤\ /\ /¤-][-^- **

** -^-][- \ / \ / ¤-][-^- **

** -^-}{-}[*]{-OM-}[*]{-}{-^- **

** -^-][-¤ / \ / \ ¤-][-^- **

** -^-][-¤/ \/ \¤-][-^- **

**-^-}{-<>-<>-}{-<>-<>-}{-^-**

** 2**

I bought it this weekend on a party from Anoubis, and this is the style I love the most! Sensitive, melodic, and warm! I'd love to have more stuff like this! if you can help, please pm me :)

Khetzal - Corolle

Posted Image

Artist: Khetzal (France)

Title: Corolle

Format: CD (jewel case)

Label: Suntrip Records (France/Belgium)

Cat. #: SUNCD03

Distribution: Arabesque

Date: November 2005

Track listing:

01. 08’57” Listening Winds

02. 08’53” Anamatha (feat. DJ Zen)

03. 08’06” Bells Of Sarnath

04. 07’36” Narayana

05. 07’53” Ganesha Pramana

06. 08’57” Indian Attic

07. 09’06” Djaningar

08. 07’56” Nyiragongo

09. 08’04” Avasari

Review:

Soundtrack for weekend Hindus!

The Suntrippers are out with their third old-school release… This time it’s the debut album of French producer Matthieu Chamoux who has released a few compilation tracks on Kagdila and Agitato Records… I’ve not heard those, but I really liked the uplifting, melodic goa-trance track he had on the Apsara compilation under the Avigmati name… That was stellar so my hopes for this debut album are pretty high…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Listening Winds [120 BPM]

The title pretty much sums it up… This is chilled, windy melodic trance… We start out kinda slow – forest sounds, birds, cicadas, etc… Soon the melodies are unleashed… Joyous, uplifting synth-galore with a Raja flute to balance things out… Nice and chilled with the distinct old-school melodic feel to it… A nice little opening track, but nothing that gets my juices flowing…

#02: Anamatha (feat. DJ Zen) [132 BPM]

This track was originally released by DJ Zen on the 2003 Kagdila compilation Peace Therapy… This is a longer, re-worked version though… At first it’s very reminiscent of the previous track, but after a couple of minutes it gets faster… The ethno-tribal influences are rich here – complete with native vocals and chanting… After a couple of minutes the first acid-line makes an appearance and the track shifts into proper goa trance… Sweet! Fuck yes; this is pure, true-to-the-roots nu-school goa trance… Less multi-layered and climactic than Filteria – and more Eastern influenced… But damn, this is good… Uplifting as hell and very trance-inducing! Sweet!

#03: Bells Of Sarnath [150 BPM]

Woow – check out the huge, morphing intro here… This is Filteria style new-school goa, though maybe with fewer melodies in the foreground… I like the pace + the native influences, but I could have wished for even more complexity… Also the ending seems strangely out of place… But it’s still a pretty good, uplifting track…

#04: Narayana [140 BPM]

We’re taking it down a notch for this track, but basically it’s the same thing again… Pure, un-spiked goa trance as it sounded ten years ago… Obviously the production techniques have improved dramatically, but the underlying emotions are just the same… A sonic trip down memory lane… I even get shivers down my spine when the acid-lines kick in for the final run… @ 5’08 it’s just pure goa bliss! …Amazing!

#05: Ganesha Pramana [160 BPM]

And here’s a visit from Ganesh – the four-armed, son of Shiva & Parvati bearing the head of a one-tusked elephant… Oh yes, this is more highly Hindi-influenced Goan trance… This is by far the fastest track here, and the intensity level is nothing short of impressive… Would mix perfectly with Filteria or ancient Pleiadians… The acid is flowing freely and the Eastern influences are all over the place both melodically and spiritually… The peaks are truly climactic and dancefloor friendly… A sweet, sweet track!

#06: Indian Attic [140 BPM]

Again we’re taking it down a notch, and as the title suggests we’re once again treated to a venture into Eastern inspired melodic trance… The kick is really phat in this one… Perhaps even the hardest on the compilation – reminds me a little of ancient Shidapu…Also the layering seems to be more advanced here… Nice!

#07: Djaningar [130 BPM]

Take it a notch further down, and we’re as close to chilling as you can with kicking beats… This is wobbly, deeply groovy, melodious trance… Morphing sounds, filtered beats and a controlled rhythm section… Pretty nice, but even more action wouldn’t hurt… Also the space-samples seem oddly out of place…

#08: Nyiragongo [138 BPM]

And here comes the surprise… Up until now, pretty much everything on this album has been predictable to some extent… But this track takes a more techno/tribally inspired approach to melodic goa trance… How cool to be totally swept of your feet like that, as this is indeed very different from the rest of the album… Reminiscent of late 1990es X-Dream I think… Tasty!

#09: Avasari [100 BPM]

As legend prescribes it, we’re really chilling out for the final track here… Yeah, this is ambient! Experimental stuff, kept within a melodic, Goan framework… Nice, but not exactly the chill-out I prefer these days…

Well, well… Another Suntrip release that stands out from the crowd… Just how much old-school goa is released nowadays? Besides from the Suntrip Records output, pretty much nothing, that’s how much! And though this album didn’t do as much for me as neither the Filteria album, nor the Apsara compilation it’s still pretty damn interesting… Evidently I can’t help comparing this to the Filteria album, which fit my tastes better… I could have wished for even more complexity, and perhaps the Hindi-influences are a little over the top sometimes… Also the flow is a little off and I would have arranged the tracks differently… But besides from that, I don’t have anything to criticise here…

There are enough kick-ass tracks here to validate a purchase – and there are no bad tracks per se… Also the artwork is nothing short of beautiful and fits the music perfectly… Suntrip Records has once again proved that melodic goa is still very much alive – even in 2005! Way to go guys – you continue to distance yourself from the usual suspects! Old-school fans should most definitely check this out… As should fans of uplifting, joyous goa trance 2005-style… This is very it’s at! Enjoy!

Favourites: 2, 4(!), 5(!), 6(!), 8

DeathPosture

Posted Image

External links:

Khetzal: http://www.khetzal.com

Suntrip Records: http://www.suntriprecords.com

Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/release/551261

Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/c97ev

TranceShop: http://tinyurl.com/amb7n

Beatspace: http://tinyurl.com/cemwp

Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/7sbyq

Chaos: http://tinyurl.com/bzh3o

Deathposture, why in God sake are you comparing this stuff to Filteria all the time? It is the total opposite! It's like comparing Son Kite with Astral Projection! That ass liking all the time is not necessary and makes a review less objective.

I have been listening this cd now for like 2 weeks and it grew on me... More and more every evening! beautiful melodies in every track, composed like a true musician, less layers then Filteria, true, but better ones ;)

The Hindu/Eastern influence give this album a very magic feeling which reminds me on Ra-To Sirius (one of my other favourites)!

Everyone that likes story telling albums (Jaia, Bodh Gaya, D5), this is your stuff for sure, but indeed, not so much dancefloor madness on it... (altough at least 5 tracks are highly danceable)

9/10

Deathposture, why in God sake are you comparing this stuff to Filteria all the time? It is the total opposite! It's like comparing Son Kite with Astral Projection! That ass liking all the time is not necessary and makes a review less objective.

377839[/snapback]

Well - the link between Khetzal and Filteria should be pretty evident. They are both nu-school goa trance producers released recently on Suntrip Records... And at least a couple of tracks has obvious links... So this is nothing like comparing Son Kite with AP... Where'd you dig up that analogy?

When I review stuff, I usually try to make certain points of reference - and if I can't compare releases from the same label, where would that leave me? Basically what I'm saying is, that I liked the Filteria album better... I should think that's an honest opinion.

And if I was really asslicking, wouldn't I have praised this album like a madman? Who do you think sent me this album - Filteria? No, it was Suntrip Records and they wanted an honest, personal review - which I think I provided!

/DP

You are talking during track #02: Anamatha (feat. DJ Zen) [132 BPM] about Filteria, now that is the TOTAL opposite for me...

soft, spiritual, dreamy sensitive music vs raw, fast, noisy climax-music...

Try it yourself, first play Anamatha and after that Navigate... ;)

I like Filteria, but only on a dancefloor...

And I'm not here for fighting, I just don't see any links between Khetzal & Filteria, that's it... :)

(off the record, Talamsca was released on Spiral Trax also, I don't see any people linking it with Gaudium... :rolleyes: )

and now i'm out of here :P