Vocals in American English

Well, I don't know, if most artist think that American accent is cool to be used as vocal samples. But it seems that philosophical, scientific, magical phrases spoken in those samples has to be American accent English to be cool, or what? How limited can one be? eek

But it is getting fcukin boring DUDES?

Haven't you got your own bloody language to put on your tracks?

Well Germans have guts. They do it a lot.

Hope to hear some Ausi, British, Jamaican English , Japanese, Greek, Spanish, etc to some good tunes.

lol

English is nice because so many people understand it.

and it's usually american because most movies where the samples come from are made in Hollywood.

personally, i find british accent a lot sexier.. but really, who fucking cares, as long as you understand what they're saying?

But it seems that philosophical, scientific, magical phrases spoken in those samples has to be American accent English to be cool, or what?

What the fuck? :) In America anytime someone wants something to sound philosophical, scientific or sophisticated its done in a british accent (I speak generally, not for music samples)

and it's usually american because most movies where the samples come from

That'd be the most logical reason IMO, most samples they use just come like that, its not usual for Skazi to go out and look for vocalists to record for his remixes.

That'd be the most logical reason IMO, most samples they use just come like that, its not usual for Skazi to go out and look for vocalists to record for his remixes.

368220[/snapback]

some people do that :)

a friend made me do some voice samples like a few days ago.

apparently he likes my accent. or at least he finds it funny. which is kinda funny. :)

Skazi, if you read this, i'm free for recording on sundays.

:lol:

English - in general - is an easy-to-listen language in my opinion, probably because it became so commom nowadays - movies, music, propaganda, etc, etc.

Another important factor is that cheesy lyrics don't have much meaning in foreign languages.

For example... do you get offended when someone tells you to "fuck off" in a different language?

I've lived in the US for a couple of years and insults towards me usually sounded funny.

Does anyone share the same opinion?

heh

listen to Shpongle - Dorset Perception

the vocals in that language (i don't know which, sounds like portugese sometimes) ... are just sweet.

i wouldn't have them in english under any circumstances!

Vocals are 96% of the time really annoying to me... they do the trick so much better when they're incomprehensible anyway; way trippier!

or when its just complete mumbo jumbo, that makes it a whole lot more psychedelic if you ask me. and yeah, screw american english.

there's nothing to say in favor of it, i really find it pretty atrocious the way how MOST random americans pronounce their words. so exaaageeraaaaated! brrrrrr :(

how can you guys accually speak of an american accent? there are hundreds of different american accents, just as there are hundreds of different british accents. someone coming from south london will sound completely different from someone in nottingham.

and a bostoner doesn't sound like someone from the south at all..etc pp

Yes, samples saying stuff like "and this is a preparation for the entering of the transcendent world... the ultra-dimension..." should just be banished from the genre.

Ok, the one i just came up with turned up quite cool and i'd love to hear it in a song but anyway, movie quotes just don't fit. Atleast they could write their own "lyrics"

how about Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Pill ?

contains quote from Matrix.

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

i think it was and still is pretty cool, and fits in the track really nice.

:)

I like when I can't understand what samples are saying....whether its because they've been chopped up and manipulated beyond recognition or because they are in some language I don't understand...After all a sample is not supposed to be the focal point of a track (tho so many times it is unfortunately...)

I listen to a track because I want to hear the music. If I was more interested in comprehending what the sample was saying, I'd be watching the movie it came from instead.

I find this topic intriguing. As an American, I had never really thought of how other english speakers perceived our accent...over stressed, huh?? That's funny shit!!!!!! I agree with the guy who said when we want a sample to sound important or uppity, we go for brittish accents! So true...must be the most pretentious sounding english accent of all time...with the american south being the trashiest....or maybe the new york....I personally have a neutral american one I think.

Vocal samples SUCK, especially with an American(don't care south, north, west or east accent).

Why? because it glorifies a culture that even isn't one yet. No offense to my "progressive" American friends here, but right now, there is more shit coming from there than good things. You can disagree, but this is my personal opinion.

The same applies to Britain. Why I don't call it "Great Britain"? Because I reserve the word "Great" for a positive experience or happening, and not for centuries of Tyrany, enslaving and oppression.

I am myself from a country with 7000 years ancient history of civilization, but right now I am ashamed of what's going on in there. So every culture has things to be proud of and things to be ashamed of, so why not to keep a low profile and try to progress to a better plane of being without damaging others and the environment?

Some people believe in the law of the jungle: Big fish eats small fish. But I personally TRY not to bow to that law.

Sorry for the political preach, but vocal samples still SUCK, if it is in the same language all the time.

Samples in psy-trance don't stand for the Stars and Stripes or Union Jack, they don't symbolise the war on terror or greedy European trading sanctions. They're just soundbites taken from the TV and movies.

Don't let them get your knickers in a twist.

how can you guys accually speak of an american accent? there are hundreds of different american accents, just as there are hundreds of different british accents. someone coming from south london will sound completely different from someone in nottingham.

and a bostoner doesn't sound like someone from the south at all..etc pp

369667[/snapback]

Well, people talk about a 'Scottish accent', even though a native of Edinburgh will sound quite distinct from someone from Glasgow to the trained ear. An accent is naturally made up of many regional varieties held together by certain common features.

And believe me, to any non-American English speaker least, the collection of accent varieties found in the USA have much more in common with each other than they have differences. In fact they have far more in common than the various accents found in Britain - or even just England - for reasons obvious to anyone who knows anything about history. So it is perfectly OK to talk about an 'American accent' - we all know what it means.

Perhaps the way forward is to start using Brummie (Birmingham) accents more often in psy trance. It is still English (I think), but most of us will not understand it. So the vocals can retain a certain abstract quality...

Pedro

Perhaps the way forward is to start using Brummie (Birmingham) accents more often in psy trance. It is still English (I think), but most of us will not understand it. So the vocals can retain a certain abstract quality...

Pedro

372771[/snapback]

Lenny Henry would probably do do most of them...