Runic Rocket - neo goa mix

...is it safe? *crawls out* :unsure:

Here's a little (56 min.) mix I cooked up: Runic Rocket. Jupiter 8000, Benza, Slide, Oforia, Sidhartha, Quadra, The Misted Muppet, Shift, Ypsilon 5, and Uni take us on a retrofuturistic rocket ride.

It's all Goaish dancefloor tracks, really; I wanted to do something with a range of substyles, but an ever present emphasis on melody and high bpms. The darker more minimal side will be explored in the next part (`tis the season).

Feedback is much appreciated!

Does that come together?  :blink:

364533[/snapback]

Why not? All the tracks are in the same time signature and use electronic acid noises. ;)

Oaky used to mix Vangelis with MWNN you know...

I'm listening to the mix right now... Could you please tell me the name and artist of the first track? It just sounds great...

I'm listening to the mix right now... Could you please tell me the name and artist of the first track? It just sounds great...

368730[/snapback]

Electric Universe - You Decide.

http://www.discogs.com/release/250050

Can be bought from Saikosounds, Psyshop, Beatspace, Psysale, Trance-shop. None of them seem to have it in stock, but I guess that they'll all be able to order it for you :)

I thought that the "feelings" in the tracks were a bit too varied, there were so many kinds of tracks from epic uplifters to some darker twisters and I couldn't quite get into the feeling. I'd say that there were too many different colours in same painting.

However, I thought that the tracks were good - definitely well-picked. Not a single track that I would've considered bad :). I also liked the approach to not be too focused on genres (goa-trance, full-on, neo-goa, whatever) but more like looking for certain types of sounds, I believe that I understand why every one of the tracks were chosen to be included in this mix.

Looking forward to hearing more mixes from you!

Cheers,

Kalle! / Tranceform

Thanks for the feedback! Indeed, I'm getting my feet wet with regards to modern psytrance... I've mostly played old school until now. Finding out what I like has been a very fun journey.

Well, that and I'm just schizophrenic. ^_^:ph34r:

Stay tuned...

Electric Universe - You Decide.

http://www.discogs.com/release/250050

Can be bought from Saikosounds, Psyshop, Beatspace, Psysale, Trance-shop. None of them seem to have it in stock, but I guess that they'll all be able to order it for you :)

368814[/snapback]

Thanks for the info! Funny thing is allready have the album but I didn't recognise the track... Think I need to listen to it again, soon! The mix itself is really great, I love all the tracks and I think they are all very psychedelic but still melodic and nice to dance to. The only thing that is not that good is, as Elixir has allready mentioned, that some of the mixes are not properly beatmached. But still, I like it a lot and I hope that you keep up with your good work, I really like it! :) I also wouldn't mind if you would post one of your old-school mixes since I love that also...

Hehe, thank you. I've allready seen the thread and I've downloaded the mix. Need to wait until my co-worker is gone but then I'll listen to it immediately. :)

Sorry everybody, the track _IS_ actually the one by Jupiter8000.

For those of you who didn't know it already, Jupiter8000 and Electric Universe is the same guy (Boris Blenn).

I have both "Cosmic Experience" and "Twisted Bliss" albums, but I remembered wrong.

Sorry for causing confusion :D

Cheers,

Kalle! / Tranceform

Tatsu: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29002

And the 1st track is Jupiter 8000 - Break The Law. :P  From his Twisted Bliss album.

369150[/snapback]

Ok, so another album to put on my wantlist. One day my CD addiction will ruin me completely... ;)