Things that ruined Psy Trance for you

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a shame!

I think having listened to oldschool for close to 13 years I am much more open to new styles.

I still love oldschool but try not to limit myself to it ;)

Don't get me wrong, i too am open to other stuff. It's just that an old-school party here and there wouldn't hurt. ;)

Don't get me wrong, i too am open to other stuff. It's just that an old-school party here and there wouldn't hurt. ;)

They still have them every now & again

If not try & organise one yourself.

Some clubs are cheap to hire out on a week day

get a DJ who can play old school

make it cheap

invite your mates

have cheap beer then more people will come

set it up early so you can get people there by word of Mouth advertising

have a great time :)

if you really want one

Psytrance is far from ruined for me. What does make me sad, however, is all the people who claim that anything released after 2001 is automatically dogshit. I can understand, you have your opinions. I respect that! I would appreciate it if the sentiment was returned. I can find something to enjoy in pretty much anything at all. Its all in your attitude! If you listen to a track and all you think about, before and during, is "This stuff isnt as good as this other stuff...", you really need to open your mind a bit more and listen without expectations, without any prejudices. Let each song make its own impression, without comparing it.

Also, its funny to me to hear people call certain labels "commercial" (I heard someone say that about Iboga...). It may be common where you're from but where I live, its not very common at all. Its funny to me to hear people talking about what I would call commercial American artists as if they were intelligent and little known (no specifics...) when over here its chav music. Same thing! THat doesnt mean its commercial, just popular in a certain area, usually by virtue of never touring outside that region.

And one last thing: Your scene in your country may be full of djs playing favorites, crap push-button-and-forget lives, and scummy chavs all over the place, but Ive never even seen such things at parties in the US (I did in Germany though, the chavs, not the poser lives and crap djs). I hear people describe what "the good old days" were like (usually in a lamenting tone), and I think, wow, thats what its like over here! Well, not everywhere, down in LA Ive seen some pretty shady individuals at psytrance parties, but only a handful, and they werent that bad, just a bunch of macho gay dudes... And too, I havent seen all the different and diverse scenes across the country. But I can say with confidence that the scenes here are far from dead, and far from scummy. You wanna see scummy, you should come to some of the raves around here... Full of wannabe hardass gangstas starting stupid fights, spraying pepper spray, getting way WAY too fuckered on E and various other drugs and boozes, generally making large and obtrusive asses of themselves. Im going to be throwing parties in the area this summer and one of the things Im dreading is that these chavs will find out about them...

Psytrance is far from ruined for me. What does make me sad, however, is all the people who claim that anything released after 2001 is automatically dogshit.

This is what annoys me about the Ale types here!

I know they don't bother to listen to any modern stuff yet slag it off like they have!

Makes me want to go hip hop on them :angry:

Because monkeys throw poo at each other :D

Damn, you're right! Do you think Skazi likes poo? I certainly wouldn't know the answer to that.

I know! let's ask him on his forum :lol:

I want to start an Old School Goa Parties production in NL.

Who's with me ?

enough of shitty Boom boom ....

Or just play some old skool Goa @ Trance Orient Express / Solstice Festival @ Ruigoord.

That would certainly do the trick for many!

Or if that won't fill your hart, chech out this party: http://www.soma-natesa.nl/viewtopic.php?t=1555

Damn, you're right! Do you think Skazi likes poo? I certainly wouldn't know the answer to that.

I think Skazi wants to have poo thrown at him, that's why he plays such shitty music :P

I think Skazi wants to have poo thrown at him, that's why he plays such shitty music :P

Even if he didnt play shitty music he would still have dog poo on him.

things that ruined psytrance for me ... hmmm

people on coke at parties

attention - seekers

rivalry at the console (dj's fighting to play , ive seen that happen)

ego's

lack of Plur

indoor parties

hate that shit

Everyone here seems really jaded with psychedelic trance. I like dancing, and I like dancing fairly hard, and full-on does it for me, hey I like alot of other stuff too but psytrance is my favourite. I'm sorry but if you guys just see the people who like full-on are just e-popping whatevers, then go ahead. Sure I do drugs, I do it to enhance my already amazing time, I don't see what the big deal is about full-on, I don't know what kind of full-on your listening to, but I assume its terrible and repetative, if someone could, name me off some full-on songs/artists you believe to be terrible.

The feelings MDMA invoke are totally false, which is one of the reasons i dont like it anymore.

its like "aw, your my best mate, you can always call me if you need me..."

next day you dont even want to know that person.

I sure as hell don't do that, I used to, then I learned to control that because it really sounds so cheesy.

Psytrance is far from ruined for me. What does make me sad, however, is all the people who claim that anything released after 2001 is automatically dogshit. I can understand, you have your opinions. I respect that! I would appreciate it if the sentiment was returned. I can find something to enjoy in pretty much anything at all. Its all in your attitude! If you listen to a track and all you think about, before and during, is "This stuff isnt as good as this other stuff...", you really need to open your mind a bit more and listen without expectations, without any prejudices. Let each song make its own impression, without comparing it.

Also, its funny to me to hear people call certain labels "commercial" (I heard someone say that about Iboga...). It may be common where you're from but where I live, its not very common at all. Its funny to me to hear people talking about what I would call commercial American artists as if they were intelligent and little known (no specifics...) when over here its chav music. Same thing! THat doesnt mean its commercial, just popular in a certain area, usually by virtue of never touring outside that region.

And one last thing: Your scene in your country may be full of djs playing favorites, crap push-button-and-forget lives, and scummy chavs all over the place, but Ive never even seen such things at parties in the US (I did in Germany though, the chavs, not the poser lives and crap djs). I hear people describe what "the good old days" were like (usually in a lamenting tone), and I think, wow, thats what its like over here! Well, not everywhere, down in LA Ive seen some pretty shady individuals at psytrance parties, but only a handful, and they werent that bad, just a bunch of macho gay dudes... And too, I havent seen all the different and diverse scenes across the country. But I can say with confidence that the scenes here are far from dead, and far from scummy. You wanna see scummy, you should come to some of the raves around here... Full of wannabe hardass gangstas starting stupid fights, spraying pepper spray, getting way WAY too fuckered on E and various other drugs and boozes, generally making large and obtrusive asses of themselves. Im going to be throwing parties in the area this summer and one of the things Im dreading is that these chavs will find out about them...

Wow thank you! I couldn't have explained that better myself.

Or just play some old skool Goa @ Trance Orient Express / Solstice Festival @ Ruigoord.

That would certainly do the trick for many!

Or if that won't fill your hart, chech out this party: http://www.soma-natesa.nl/viewtopic.php?t=1555

Yes!! Old skool goa in NL, that would be nice. That party in Groningen looks great! I live in Brabant, though, so it's easier for me to go to Belgium for old skool parties.

• 2 years later...

Full-On ruined psytrance? Think again before you say this.

Artists and Labels that commercialized full-on for money ruined psytrance and the scene along = Greed.

Examples of original full-on:

Absolum (Inside the Sphere album) (Absolum - Virus (Stream))

Alien Project (Old 2003,2002, old albums) (Alien Project - One God Rmx (Stream))

Scorb (Concept vs Scorb - Dissident Factions (Stream) (This song has a voice that says "Members of the Underground, None of you have ever been before for obvious reasons of security" Clearly stating that they are underground influenced ;))

Now I heard someone say something about full-on with guitars, and there is a project from israel I really like, because they are so original and futuristic.

Ladies and Gentleman let me introduce you to

Insect-Sun (http://www.myspace.com/insectsun)

Inscet-Sun - Tokyo (Stream)

I hope you like my post guys, All I can say is if you are not happy with the scene where you are at. Go for what you like. I escaped my Mexican hometown because the scene was so superficial and also the economy being down doesn't help much.

Thing's went so horribly wrong there after having a beautiful scene in the North of Mexico. Now is a nightmare. There are so many negative things that I don't want to mention but the people have the fault because they didn't set a limit of who they were inviting to the parties. Usually were people with a futuristic background and not a typical guy of the street.

In conclusion saying that full-on ruined psytrance is 50% incorrect.

Nothing has ruined psytrance completely for me, but good god the amount of shit full-on is... even thinking about it frustrates me to hell and back...

Man this makes me wonder, when the fuck is this full-on-fested-shit-era gonna end?

Ah well, at least this year has been extremely gracious for the goa-ears. I hope it's gonna continue to the next year aswell.