Things that ruined Psy Trance for you

"Hallucinogen's Lone Derranger ruined Psy Trance for me. Nothing gets that close to perfection since it was released."

awww... there's no perfect. every piece is created by imperfect human mind, like you and me. Don't over-romanticize, it's just Simon, others do it their way and might just be as good or better in what they do.

363899[/snapback]

exactly. Simon is good at what he does but that does not mean he is good at something else. We all have our own creative strenghts (well some dont = copy and paste) and we develope a certain skill and our way of doing things but if we were put to do something totally different we might fail BIG TIME.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, stay a while, have fun with it. Is anyone taking this seriously? Don't.

Here, let's bring Conan the Psybrarian back:

Posted Image

Look at this guy - he looks so happy! -> :lol:

363586[/snapback]

OMG, that is the funniest thing i have seen all week. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Top stuff dude.

1)no, good mixing is a matter of technique, which as everything technical, it can be learned with practice.

2)I guess the only way to measure the success of a dj, is how many people show to listen/ dance.

363473[/snapback]

1)indeed and because it is just a matter of practice every dj is obliged to practice till they can beatmatch... If one is too lazy to practice than this person doesn't deserve it to play on parties because all you have to do is practice a few months - 1 year .....

I don't ask dj's to mix with 3 decks and do all kinds of trick (this is offcourse nice to hear and a surplus...) but all I ask is don't fuck up the mix .....

2)also not true in that case you can say that all full on dj's are the best because they always have the largest crowd.... this not because they have the best dj's but only because full on is the most accessible gerne within psytrance (and btw the most easiest music to mix)......

sorry for the endless discussion .......

Nord Leads.

Seriously: before Clavia came along, there was no 'the goa synth'. Maybe the SH101 came close. But artists used unconventional gear (modular, analog, wavetable...) and had their own kind of studio setup.

Now everyone uses the same damn thing (Nords 2, 3, or Rack). How much can you innovate under those conditions? Come on... it's a good synth, but not THAT good...

Yeah, but dam10n's review puts them in their place!

Infected Mushroom

Stretched EP

YoYo / BNE (Israel)

Bit of an oddity this one. My guess is you have already made up your mind whether a four-track EP by Infected Mushroom is something you really need. The only saving grace here is that at four tracks, it took hardly any time to review, though it probably took even less time than that to compile. Let the fun commence: The Live remake of Shakawkaw is something of a joke, taking no less than five and a half minutes to drop into something resembling trance, and when it does, it sounds like it’s being sung by the assembled cast of Fraggle Rock. The “orchestral” buildup sections move just like a musical, straight out of Lloyd Webber, and I for one would rather hear Michael Ball break into “love, love changes everything, etc” while having a complete set of regulation-size snooker balls inserted into my urethra. We then get track 10 from IM The Supervisor, Stretched which, as I may have remarked when reviewing the album (though frankly, I couldn’t care less whether I did or not), has the dubious honour of being a piece of music that is simultaneously interesting and incredibly, erotically, boring beyond belief. Yes folks, buy now what you bought last year – pick up a Tshirt on your way out. And a sticker for 50p. Timelock’s remix of Cities Of The Future is immeasurably better than the original, but still has those FUCKING vocals and a keychange from hell right at the end. Finally The Beauty & The Beat, tacked on at the end with grace and underproduced aplomb, yes folks you are allowed to pay to get an extra track, that was made available on Infected’s website months ago as a free download. And just as you might expect from an unreleased, cutting-room-floor trance tune, it’s undernourished, unfinished Infected-by-prinary-numbers, and almost completely devoid of any feeling, emotion, intelligence or direction. I mean, it doesn’t even have a fucking ending. Someone here is taking the piss – either the “boys” themselves or the cynical Geffen-emulators that run this label. I cannot imagine a CD release that is more superfluous. It is an insult to the sweatshop workers that assembled it, to the molecules of plastic that form the surface of the CD, and to the ones and zeroes of binary that make up this placid, frothy excuse for a CD. Whether it’s Infected or the label that are calling the shots here, I believe I speak for a certain majority here when I ask you squarely to f**k the f**k off you f**king f**kbunch of f**king f**ks.

a lot of people mention Astrix and Skazi ...

... but what really kills psytrance is INFECTED MUSHROOM.

365152[/snapback]

There's a whole list of bands and artists that deserve the "you ruined psy" diploma.

I wont list it here though. I'll just risk being called various names from especially members of the killarghhhh tribe.

There's a whole list of bands and artists that deserve the "you ruined psy" diploma.

I wont list it here though. I'll just risk being called various names from especially members of the killarghhhh tribe.

365488[/snapback]

just the most apparent

Astrix

Skazi & Friends

Gms/1200 Mics

Infected Mushroom

definitely the full on BS!@# the death of true hypnotic music...the music which made u move without traveling....which made u fly without drugging urself altho that helps ;)

basically psytrance dropped off the real hypnotic part of it....and the melodies which used 2 take u high n low....giving u a sense to wonder...the mystery of life itself!?@ shaman or a druid i don't kno.....but bak in 94-97 the music just was alien technology music :P

still respect 2 all artists just that pls stop making bullshit n help our feeble minds with some serious juice :D

it didn't yet, but i can definitely see a topic like this one ruining psytrance for more than one person.

363574[/snapback]

Not exactly ruining it but I do get the creeps when I read some replies...

I don't share those visions that fullon formule destroyed the psy trance scéne... it kept it alive... it's evolution... it won't be that way forever... it's a fase we are going through...

suntrip is releasing good stuff...

there is super progresssive coming out lately...

some fullon is actually very good, mostly tracks not albums but still...

I like the fact that goa has many production although there is a lot of shit, between that shit there is good music too...

so just fucking find it :D

and if you don't, just ask :rolleyes:

Guest The Journey Man Project

Growing up and realising that thre is much more to life than this... now I listen to th emusic at home/in car but never go out ot parties... way to much effort...

I don't share those visions that fullon formule destroyed the psy trance scéne... it kept it alive... it's evolution... it won't be that way forever... it's a fase we are going through...

suntrip is releasing good stuff...

there is super progresssive coming out lately...

some fullon is actually very good, mostly tracks not albums but still...

I like the fact that goa has many production although there is a lot of shit, between that shit there is good music too...

so just fucking find it  :D

and if you don't, just ask  :rolleyes:

369028[/snapback]

Very wise words, I absolutely agree with you!! :)

I feel what ruined psy-trance is the popularity it gained at the turn of the millenium. During the 90's psy-trance was, in essence, an underground scene where the individuals creating the music and organising the raves and parties were passionate people who believed in and felt strongly about what they were doing. Likewise fans of psy-trance believed fully in the whole lifetsyle and philosophy the scene created. It was a time when the artists created music they themselves wanted to listen to, a time when they created new and exciting music.

As psy-trance became more popular it attracted more fans and subsequently more 'artists' tried their hand at producing the music. However too few of the new artists seem passionate about the music and consequently care little for creativity. They can release a sub-standard album knowing full well it will sell enough copies to make it worth their while because many of the new fans buy it on hype or advertising alone, or buy it simply because they are unfamiliar with innovative and pure psy-trance.

Ultimately psy-trance fans should try to be a little more more discerning and avoid swimming in the ever deepening sea of wank psy-trance.

Fortunately, nothing destroyed it for me - it's too sad to let be destroyed by others what you loved. Still, I miss this certain depth and feeling ('soul') in todays music, but the people still doing creative and actually 'psychedelic' music are saving it everytime they created something new. For example the fantastic productions coming from Suntrip & -dance Records lately.

The only reason for it to be destroyed parly for me, is myself. Although I'm still very young, I'm not as young as I used to be anymore. I'm not into music that much as I used to...I've got problems myself coming up with new creative tracks, the whole thing is entiring me, somehow. But these are my problems, not induced by Skazi, or Full-On Hysteria or what ever (although those may be quite a reason, too).

Evil killrgh monkeys with doing the Kali shiva ritual dancing knives on corpes of the undead walker during night of the thousand mega weird matrix sounds flying on the jet plane from another reality ruined psytrance.

370838[/snapback]

so do people get paid to write promo material like that? or they gather inspiration from the opium dens and hope for the best ?

Well, I can talk about what ruined my forum reading experience... Cinos's asinine posting behaviour, always arguing about trivial items. Hardly read anymore, used to lurk here every day.