Things that ruined Psy Trance for you

professionally trained musicians with a lot of money to buy expensive equiptment that doesnt guarantee good music.

I totally agree! My observation was not supposed to be the absoulte truth, but rather statistical approximation. On every hundred of DC++ musicians you'll find 5 that do make some wonderful music and from this perspective those new possibilities are a blessing, because they would not be able to make it in a traditional way since they don't know music theory or can't afford to buy hardware synths an FX's...

But well, there's still the remaining 95% of generic, formulaic, same-sounding mass releases...

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is that people can no longer feel themselves special through psy-scene, so they must diss it to preserve their speciality that they want to have.

361578[/snapback]

whoever wants to feel special through music can do it finding a different kind of music that can make him feel special man...

we are talking about what music sounds like man...

Problem is that people can no longer feel themselves special through psy-scene, so they must diss it to preserve their speciality that they want to have.

361578[/snapback]

whoever wants to feel special through music can do it finding a different kind of music that can make him feel special man...

we are talking about what music sounds like man...

361588[/snapback]

Actually this is true for some people. Some listen to the 'different' kinds of music just to distinguish themselves from the crowd. I'd suppose those have left or will leave now that psytrance has gotten a commercial branch.

Actually this is true for some people. Some listen to the 'different' kinds of music just to distinguish themselves from the crowd. I'd suppose those have left or will leave now that  psytrance has gotten a commercial branch.

361591[/snapback]

this is true but however those people will still feel special about that , cause there are always underground parties going on.

we talk about what music soulds like...

fuck the psy-trance scene(meaning the whole thing that goes for statements like :

i listen to psy-trance you gig) :P

Ok, so I will join the negativity here..:)

Things I don't like:

-People who bring kids to festivals and forget them while trippin'. That makes me almost violent! Also when I heard about the girl throwing her baby in a festival toilet, it almost made me stop going to festivals...

-People who fart in small clubs (especially now that people can't smoke inside clubs in Norway anymore, it really stinks and ruins the vibe sometimes..:)

-People who give LSD to dogs. And pets in general at parties/festivals is in my opinion wrong.

-People who shoot drugs with needles at parties, and throw the needles on the dancefloor. That is so dirty! Especially because a lot of people dance without shoes.

-Dj's who play full on in the chill out area. That makes me want to push away the dj...:)

-Violent speed freaks and coke heads

-"PLUR" hippies who behave the opposite of what they say... They say they are open minded, but are more narrow minded than anyone else...

-Police destroying parties and turn off the power on the mixing table...

-People who spill beer on the decks while asking for the latest Skazi track...:)

-People who only listen to MTV music and says all my music sounds the same, even if I play Shpongle or Mr Peculiar. How can they say that sounds the same? Or they say it's just noise.

-The super bad cd sales, even when you release a high quality product...

Guest GrooveyCat

Ok, so I will join the negativity here..:)

Things I don't like:

-People who bring kids to festivals and forget them while trippin'. That makes me almost violent! Also when I heard about the girl throwing her baby in a festival toilet, it almost made me stop going to festivals...

I agree totally - kids shouldn't be allowed to festivals - unless they are 100% drug-free festivals. It's really bang out of order.

-People who fart in small clubs (especially now that people can't smoke inside clubs in Norway anymore, it really stinks and ruins the vibe sometimes..:)

Never experienced.

-People who give LSD to dogs. And pets in general at parties/festivals is in my opinion wrong.

Too right its wrong, its Cruelty to Animals ! Its like forcing your kids to take drugs.

-People who shoot drugs with needles at parties, and throw the needles on the dancefloor. That is so dirty! Especially because a lot of people dance without shoes.

Woah! Never experienced, my goodness me! Poeople who use needles usually get too paranoid to make it out of their home/slum, wow! can't believe people actually do that!

-Dj's who play full on in the chill out area. That makes me want to push away the dj...:)

Each to their own

-Violent speed freaks and coke heads

Agreed... Coke heads,,, such a sad thing. violent speed freaks! I totally agree with you.

-"PLUR" hippies who behave the opposite of what they say... They say they are open minded, but are more narrow minded than anyone else...

Yeah, I know a few of them, they're supposed to be "peace loving hippies" and they cause arguments and are really two-faced, ha ha, and it seems to me the more they fit the image, like the longer the dreads, or the more "paisley" "cheese cloth" their clothes are, the more they are plastic hippies!

-Police destroying parties and turn off the power on the mixing table...

Yeah, party poopers! they're just soooo jealous

-People who spill beer on the decks while asking for the latest Skazi track...:)

Unforgivable!-

People who only listen to MTV music and says all my music sounds the same, even if I play Shpongle or Mr Peculiar. How can they say that sounds the same? Or they say it's just noise.

Well it's just that their minds are closed, they have preconceived ideas about the music before they've even listened to it.

Good post PKS, I like it :)

Guest GrooveyCat

Am I the only one who finds this pic a riot?  :D

362116[/snapback]

Well its too realistic of some of the glow stick freaks you see out, otherwise it would be really funny.

they're so IN YA FACE!

Guest GrooveyCat

#46 People that put long quotes on the forum. Really annoying :angry:

362199[/snapback]

#47 - people with large rubbish signatures like FP - really annoying :blink:

NoN-Open-Minded newcomers that don't know how to appreciate the music for what it is...

the psy community where i am being in diapers :angry:

knowing almost no one who knows what i'm talking about when i say infected mushroom, or shpongle (heh two of the biggest artists in psy ;) )....

noobs..

hah, ive been listening to psytrance since '97 , completely unaware of the silly hippiescene behind it, i love the music.. but the whole thing behind it is just pathetic... imo...