Things that ruined Psy Trance for you

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GrooveyCat

People who moan about other people all the dam time.

People who haven't got the patience to accept newcomers and slag them off, they forget there was a time when it was all new to them.

People who think they know it all and dismiss other other music, who would like to wipe out the history of music and pretend only their psy-trance has ever eixsted, who cannot accept the fact that psytrance has evolved and in actual fact one thing leads to another.

childish people who have no manners whatsoever and think its ok for them to be rude to anyone they wish.

and last, but by no means least, these bloody forums!

People who moan about other people all the dam time.

People who haven't got the patience to accept newcomers and slag them off, they forget there was a time when it was all new to them.

People who think they know it all and dismiss other other music, who would like to wipe out the history of music and pretend only their psy-trance has ever eixsted, who cannot accept the fact that psytrance has evolved and in actual fact one thing leads to another.

childish people who have no manners whatsoever and think its ok for them to be rude to anyone they wish.

and last, but by no means least, these bloody forums!

360743[/snapback]

hahaha, i agree with you, except perhaps with the last part. these forums are great for getting like minded people together.

Guest GrooveyCat

Overdose - ok, i take it back partly! (about the forums that is)

but, ha ha ha, I did enjoy that bitch. But really these forums I find mostly people are quite often miserable on them, and thats strange because i always thought of psy-trance, party people, as being happy , lol .

maybe if people spent less time at their computers, and more time actually going out then they'd have a more positive view on things...

14. Technology

If it wasnt's for the VST technology, we'd still only listen to the music made by professionally trained musicians or people who reeeaaalllyy care. Instead, every moron with DC++ can download cracked Cubese SX & VST / VSTi plugins and make music in theirs bedroom. Then he finds one of the many just-opened-this-week killarghh full-on labels and releases the crap...

15. "Objective" reviews

Well, maybe my taste in music is weird, but 95% of music that has positive reviews over the forums does nothing for me or even irritates me. Thank God I only have this much money so I can buy the remaining 5% :-)

14. Technology

If it wasnt's for the VST technology, we'd still only listen to the music made by professionally trained musicians or people who reeeaaalllyy care. Instead, every moron with DC++ can download cracked Cubese SX & VST / VSTi plugins and make music in theirs bedroom. Then he finds one of the many just-opened-this-week killarghh full-on labels and releases the crap...

360769[/snapback]

You have a point here.But you are wrong.All this commercial shit come from people with big kick-ass studios,in fact,i can tell you that the only proper psychedelia comes from underground projects using VST downloaded from DC++.

You have a point here.But you are wrong.All this commercial shit come from people with big kick-ass studios,in fact,i can tell you that the only proper psychedelia comes from underground projects using VST downloaded from DC++.

360782[/snapback]

In fact Gnome is right. The album that i liked the most was made on very minimal equipment but the guy who made have so much talent that no hardware will replace.

Talpa of course.

14. Technology

360769[/snapback]

so you want me to stop making music? :(

1. Hippies / Fake hippies / drugged people / dogs at parties / hippie culture etc..

14 (?). The musical inbreeding. In the mid nineties, pretty much all the artist had a background in other music. They each brought their individual influences to this scene. Now, all the psy-trance artists get their inspiration from other psy-trance artists. There is a suffocating lack of fresh blood.

The moods of the music has changed very radically from the nineties as well, even if you can hear some seeds to full-on in a 96 release or some oldschool vibes in a 2005 release. For me, this mood change symbolises a change of mindset for the whole scene, and it's one I can't indentify with in the same way as the 1990's style.

1. Arsim on Extasy

AKA Mitras, Chavs, Gopniki. Depends where you live. The violent, obnoxious, self centered, drug consuming and female harrassing full-on lovers type of guys.

2. Full-on Remixes

Nuff said

3. Skazi

Obviously

Discuss.... :huh:

360541[/snapback]

violent + Extacy[MDMA]? Impossible ! :blink: agree with the rest

1. Hippies / Fake hippies / drugged people / dogs at parties / hippie culture etc..

dude that's where psychedelic culture began..[except for dogs at parties!!]

"drugged people"... the whole scene/sound was inspired by psychedelics.... how is it called again? Psychedelic goa trance. The "Drugs:Just say No" cliche is so crap... i prefer "Drugs:Just Say Know" ;)

imho , as in most genres, harm was done when it got too commercial[correct me if i am wrong, i think it turned more commercial after the full-on influx]...

x

it overemphasizes emotions. that is fake.  ;)

360652[/snapback]

hmm... dont know, most say it justs smooths/softens the ego ;)

Extasy nowadays has very little to no MDMA. It's speed mostly. :(

And yea, they are quite violent.

360832[/snapback]

dont know if it has speed, but true , little mdma...

btw i knew i would heard the lame mp3 excuse !!! B)

violent + Extacy[MDMA]? Impossible !  :blink:  agree with the rest

dude that's where psychedelic culture began..[except for dogs at parties!!]

"drugged people"... the whole scene/sound was inspired by psychedelics.... how is it called again? Psychedelic goa trance. The "Drugs:Just say No" cliche is so crap... i prefer "Drugs:Just Say Know" ;)

imho , as in most genres, harm was done when it got too commercial[correct me if i am wrong, i think it turned more commercial after the full-on influx]...

360829[/snapback]

and how many drugs have you exactly tried again to be such expert? :rolleyes:

i agree with the vst part tho.. most of music just sounds so sequenced, nothing is actually played live anymore .. not even the knob tweaking

and how many drugs have you exactly tried again to be such expert?  :rolleyes:

i agree with the vst part tho.. most of music just sounds so sequenced, nothing is actually played live anymore .. not even the knob tweaking

360847[/snapback]

alcohol [ :D]

smoke pot occasionaly

will order 3 lyssergic blotters, ;)

and you dont have to try everything to know some things :D

and it doesnt mean that if you have tried you are right ;)