Steve Roach!

Cinos

As for his tribal stuff, I find Trance Spirits to be utterly amazing - tracks 1, 6 & 7 are so totally incredible, while a few in the middle are merely deserving 4 out of 5 =) Still, excellent stuff. I can't get into the slower tribal-esque stuff like Mantram, but your milage may vary.

This is totally mind blowing stuff, so trance inducing --- could imagine how it could bend my dreams!

---

Must admit I haven't bought it yet (I will soon) because of the vastness of Steve's discography and the pathetic size of my cash flow (inward) :unsure: but this I is something I need to own! I'm speechless!

- Arc of Passion? Will find out soon :)

It's sublime. The totally gorgeous and hypnotizing title track is the real deal here. Beautiful chords and intricate, detailed, slowly evolving, never ending sequences. Who needs key changes anyway when the rest sounds so great ;)

For people who don't get annoyed by the repetitive aspects, this is simply an ultimate ambient treatment for your ears.

The thing with this music is u can't really listen to it properly when doing other things, or it will sound 'too much of the same'.

U just gotta put on headphones, lay down, close your eyes and absorb the sounds to discover its true potential.

With this beautiful recording of a live performance(!) Steve Roach wins ambient 2007.

Steve Roach is open library!what can we say for this guy(!)?

all his releases they have something to say...so start from the first and step by step go to his last!!!

oopsies

My bad, I'm always mistaking these two.

Though for whose who like Steve Roach try Robert Rich as well, excellent artist in the same vein as Steve Roach.

I always mix these two up as well :ph34r:

Steve roach ftw! just recently discovered his music and i must say it makes my reading sessions so much more meaningful . i could have this playing all day and not get bored.

Fever Dreams 2.......... listening to this again. It's so wonderful I almost got emotional.

http://www.steveroach.com/Music/discography.php?albumID=307

This got to be among the best music he or any 'similar' artist has ever made. Especially tracks 2-6 and of those especially 3, 4 & 5.

Fantastic soundscapes, rhythms and vocals. Hauntingly beautiful, incredibly dynamic and alive. This is music with a soul.

• 2 months later...

Listened to "Arc of Passion" this morning. What an amazing trip that was.

The first part of Arc Of Passion had some nice base for a trance track. I mean it had everything except the beat. The bassline and the synth sounds are so well crafted that i thought if i could put a rhythm on it a nice minimal trance track would appear.

Well that's just a thought. Actually i liked it a lot in original form. :drama:

• 6 years later...

Amazing music. Really has given me a positive head space. When things are getting me down or my anxiety disorder is heading in to crazy land an hour or so with Steve's music just really brings me back in to a positive state of being both mentaly & physically reducing tension.

my current fav. are Structures from Silence (3xCD Remastered version) n' the Mystic Chords & Sacred Spaces releases. But i have plenty from him. PRoblem is I always float away and find it hard to stay focussed. but i always come back feeling so enlightened and healthy. Not great for long drives though LOL!

My bad, I'm always mistaking these two.

Though for whose who like Steve Roach try Robert Rich as well, excellent artist in the same vein as Steve Roach.

I always mix these two up as well

Soundscapes, deep atmospheres & rhythms, tribal elements. Archaic Revival was a term used to characterise their music, a McKenna term i think.