Tracklist:

01. From Mumbai

02. Good Morning London

03. Ghasi Ram Blues

04. 65 Percent

05. Dark Tabla

06. Salaam (Remix For Irina Mikhailova)

07. Raag To Ragga

08. Elixir (Featuring Omar Farouk Teklibek)

09. Harem Bizzarre

10. One God Dub

11. The Flow

12. Pachamama

I'll leave the long review for the guys who can handle it.

I just wanted to say that this album is one of the best I've ever heard. Outstanding production and exceptional drumwork in every track. And the vocals, my God the vocals! :) Very "oriental" or so to speak. I think you know what I mean. Perfect melodies and crystal clear guitars and violins. It's hard to say something bad about this one because I haven't found a thing yet. If you enjoyed their first album you will simply love this masterpiece.

Final Verdict: 10/10

Buy it here: Saikosounds

Psyshop

This album simply ROCKS

listen with good headphones

amazing... after this, it established itself in the second position for favourite chill artist in my list, just after ott..

(and vibrasphere would be added to compose my top 3 if they had release some full cd... )

so this elixir cd, beautiful, amazing basslines, perfect percussions and acoustic guitars, catchy vocals, etc

It doesnt ´take out´ the first one.. both are amazing in their own way..

9.5/10 for first 2 listens

Haven't heard this one yet, but despite contributing to the scene almost since the beginning, Seb Taylor is in my opinion one of the most underrated musicians on the psy-scene, with projects like Shakta, Digitalis and Kaya Project. This will surely be in my next order :)

No surprises here, groovy album with a strong eastern/arab flavor, just like the first one. So, nothing groundbraking, nothing really fresh (like the first album), just expanding and developing the ideas of Kaya Project. Which is a good thing of course but I would really like to be surprised a bit...

• 4 weeks later...

This album is phenominal in both depth and image. The superlative sound quality blends seamlessly with the feeling and phrasing of this eclectic music... very inspiring.

For those who disagree, fine, but keep in mind some of us have been listening to all of this music since LONG ago, and it takes something quite remarkable for me to praise an album so highly, as I am sure it is with other supporters of the album.

Bravo!

(Helios909 = rx7style)

Amazing album! Thanks for writing this review, I would't have got the album if it wasn't for you :)

Not often I find these exceptional ambient albums, but this one truly is brilliant.

• 3 months later...

See, there is a friend's birthday coming up soon ... and I've been thinking of getting him a CD as a present. And I have thought of a downtempo, chill out music CD, as he is a "non-psy" person.

So I did some listens through my winamp at work, checked out some Shpongle, Tripswitch, Emou, Bluetech, Shulman, Capsula, Entheogenic, and a few compilations. And then I thought: "This friend has no idea what music I listen to, let's not shock him", so I decided to pick the most accessible CD out of all these.

Guess who the winner was.

Yes, Kaya Project - Elixir seemed to be the perfect choice for what I was looking for.

This album contains a very accessible music, it is so accessible that I only really got into it after a few listens, and then it grew on me again and again. I think that a "non-psy" person would probably appreciate it sooner than a "psy" person would. Maybe because their brains are not so complicated as ours, music-wise.

However, this is a music for everybody, it doesn't matter the sex, age, location, prefferences. Why? Because it has very good rythms, melodies, "spicy" effects everywhere, instruments, vocals, good mood, and it is even danceable.

It's groovey, delicate, firm, relaxing, uplifting, and it has oriental aromas in its melodies. Various instruments meet male or female vocals in a perfect compatibility, and all together create some smooth sound curves. Sound curves are very good providers of feelings of "comfortable", "intimate", "personal".

Sure, there probably is a lot of chill out music with oriental rythms out there, so some of you might say "nothing new". To me, this is a very fresh sound, as the production is very good, and the oriental element is not the main idea here. There is plenty of diversity inside the package. You have to open it to discover the music for yourselves.

It's lovely. It makes me smile. :)

Edit: I also like the cover a lot. :)

• 3 months later...

Oriental Blessings :rolleyes:

What a release! this is surely the best ethnica cd I have ever heard so far! So groovy, crispy and uhh the diversity!!! I love the little bluesy track "ghasi ram blues" makes me laugh :lol: I can't belive why I did'nt get this album earlier... But it doesnt matter now I have it! :wub:

I agree with u Moni that this is surely accessible music, I played it for one of my female co-students from uni yesterday and she was blown off her feet, normaly that doesnt happen when I play her any psy-oriended music. But I think one of the reasons is that this realese is quite different from your regular psy-chill release. It seems like the tracks really are build up on the oriental/indian-inspired foundation instead of beeing oriental sound-scapes build on a "western" foundation. So that really makes this music special from whats out there! I find the same kind of foundation in the "Walking Through" album :) Off course there exist other artist who does this, but not nearly as well as Kaya Project does it IMHO!

If you dont own this album and like world/oriental-chill this is a must buy!!!!!!!!!

Verdict 10/10 (no surprise I guess!)