hux flux division by zero wanting your thoughts

technosomy

I'd say it's really interesting... others would disagree. The album has some deeper and lighter stuff to open, and goes darker and more psychedelic near the end. I tend to appreciate that sort of variety in an album. I'd recommend it.

356772[/snapback]

Spot on, as always...

Really, it's one of the highlights of 2004. It starts kind of full-onish, but in a good way, then goes deeper, twistier and more abstract. The ending downtempo tune is wonderful too! For my money, it's better than Cryptic Crunch, as that one is too chaotic :o:unsure::)

The first half of the album is really good as it explores the same territory as the Lex Rex Perplex / Errorhead single, the single is better though. The second half of the album is just filler material. Overall, a half finished album and big disappointment.

Nice album but nothing more than that. I was furious a little bit cause he put full on bassline and level of psychadelia is not that satisfying but it is good average album, didn't quite expect the average one from him...6/10

It's not full on nor progressive nor cryptic crunch... too bad :(

Their live act still rocks though!

358336[/snapback]

yep, i`ve been to their live act in moscow

the party was great.

This album is OK as far as i can remember

I think i really liked the I and the II track.

intelligent and ....pfffffftt i'm not good at labeling music - all the music i like is intelligent. obvious ! :rolleyes:

:lol:

• 1 year later...

Yes I have heard Cryptic Crounch and it is absolutely nice!The Division By Zero has more full on elements and it is 2003 right?

I think their first album ROCKS!

It's not full on nor progressive nor cryptic crunch... too bad :(

Their live act still rocks though!

I have been in a dj set from one part of Hux Flux!The guy was playing the best ever psychedelic trance I have ever heard that period!I think it was 2003-2004?

IMO it still ranks as one of the best album of it's time. Sure it has full-on influences, but to be hones the basslines on Cryptic Crunch are exactly the same, so I can't understand what's the fuss all about... Anyway, I very much like the variety in that one - it goes from good full-on to progressive and dark/twisted psytrance on one CD, but it's all consistent, kept within the same individual style. CC might be a bit more psychedelic and out-there, but somehow I listen to Division By Zero more often.

So Technosomy, if you still don't have it, it's probablz the last moment to get it cheap - Spiral Trax is dead, so you should better hurry up before it becomes "Rare OOP" ;):)

IMO it still ranks as one of the best album of it's time. Sure it has full-on influences, but to be hones the basslines on Cryptic Crunch are exactly the same, so I can't understand what's the fuss all about... Anyway, I very much like the variety in that one - it goes from good full-on to progressive and dark/twisted psytrance on one CD, but it's all consistent, kept within the same individual style. CC might be a bit more psychedelic and out-there, but somehow I listen to Division By Zero more often.

So Technosomy, if you still don't have it, it's probablz the last moment to get it cheap - Spiral Trax is dead, so you should better hurry up before it becomes "Rare OOP" ;):)

my doesn't time fly bought it about a year and a half ago (couple of days after i posted)

yeah i like, better than cc i just don't get that album