Recommend me some Eat Static

Cinos

• 6 months later...

For a minute there when seeing who started this thread i thought Cinnie was back... :(

my favorite was always "gulf breeze" from Abduction. A great album as a whole though.

Went to see Ozric Tentacles this weekend at the Roadburn festival. They sold a lot of Ozric and Eat Static albums there. The problem is, I don't know which album I like best (I like the old goa releases as well as the rock & roll d&b stuff). I ended up not buying any album :( . Don't they have some good Eat Static compilations covering all their style-changes? I don't want to stick to mp3, but I don't have the cash to buy all the damn stuff.

Everything on Prepare Your Spirit, especially - Almost Human, Woman is Life, Medicine Wheel and Fourth Dimension.

I have this on casette tape, but really want the double CD as there are more tracks <_<

Cinos, one recommendation: go see them live!

You like Alien Artifacts; listen to Decadance, Alien EP's and Prepare your spirit. They're all releases of (primarily) old stuff.

Other then this: give everything a(n other) try. Some of their albums can really grow on you. My favorites are still Abduction and Implant, though I love Crash and Burn! and In the nude as well very very much.

One of their more recent fave's are The First Revelation, Follow that Camel, Chronic Horde and Magic Carpet (especially live...). Some great remixes that they also play in their live sets: Manmademan - The Legend (Eat Static Motion detector remix), Planet Ben - September love (Eat Static-rmx) and Eat Static vs. Manmademan - Regen. If you want to hear some of their best (imo) chillout stuff give (again) Follow that Camel, UFO over Trenchtown and Abduction a listen.

For breakbeatcrossovers: Science of the Gods and Merv's soloproject Dendron.

Fat dubs: Freedom Ridge and Lugubrium Dub.

Merv's collaborations Hi-Fi Companions and Flexitones are not be missed either.

ENJOY! :lol: