Wav Files?

hi everyone, Reason newbie here...

im using 2.5 and i have been downloading free movie wav snippets that i want to use in NN-XT, Dr REX Loop, etc....

The thing is now i cant use the wav files i downloaded, it says the files are corrupt or unknown? tried putting them in ReCycle too, and it says the same thing?

Do i need a converter, or are those wav files just broken?

If some one could help me that would be great

Adios Amigos!

Psy

im using 2.5 and i have been downloading free movie wav snippets that i want to use in NN-XT, Dr REX Loop, etc....

The thing is now i cant use the wav files i downloaded, it says the files are corrupt or unknown? tried putting them in ReCycle too, and it says the same thing?

Adios Amigos!

Psy

353577[/snapback]

They could be broken, try to load them in Wavelab instead, then you can see what bitrate they are in for example :)

Adios Amigos!

Psy

353577[/snapback]

try Winamp to play them first, it will play almost anything.

make sure your WAV files are in the proper 16bit/44 format, you may have to resave them.

also, in Reason, make sure you are loading them into the proper device slots. i dont believe you can use a Wav file in Rex, and putting them in NNXT is not simple. i recommned you put them into a Redrum if you want simple playback.

Adios Amigos!

Psy

353577[/snapback]

I've had problems with some .wav files inside of reason myself. I ripped a bunch of samples from system shock 2 that play in every .wav player except for Reason's samplers. But, i did find a way around it, if you have some time on your hands:

1: open the .wav file in a .wav editing program (any one will do, as long as it alters the bit resolution)

2: export the sample as a .wav at 16-bit or 24-bit resolution (this has to be done manually, simply re-saving it doesn't work)

3: load up the newly converted sample.

I have had this problem with some 8-bit samples and 32 bit floating point samples. If the samples are worth it, the time converting them wont matter. I will post a faster way of doing this when i find it out. If anyone else does, please tell me! i have over 500 of these convert!

^_^

It is easy to load .wav samples with NN-XT..

First of all, make sure your samples are in the right format, if not, I use Nero Wave Editor. I load the sample I want, and just saves it right after, then the samples is in the right format, and you can't hear any difference. I have tried to use Wavelab too, where I transform the bitrate to the right one, but then it sounds like it is smurfs who are talking.. :)

Now you have the sample you want in the right bitrate, then you take your NN-XT, push the triangle in the bottom of your NN-XT, where the text NN-XT REMOTE EDITOR appears..

Now alot of buttons will appear, these are just adjustments for your sample. The "new window", that are shown now, after you pushed the button, in the top left corner there will be a button with the text "Load Sample", I think it says it all.

You will now be able to play your sample with Reason, and another information, Reason puts your sample at the 3 pianosomething.

Happy sampling..

Quark

PS: With NN-19, you just have to push the blue button, then you will be able to load your sample..