black people in the scene....

Dajek

That's a valid, sociological questions... It's has been debated on Isratrance a couple of years ago and here are some of the arguments from that thread:

But then again - Detroit techno was born by blacks, right? So what gives?

There are indeed black people on psytrance:

Mumbali - American producer

Ian St. Paul, cofounder of TIP records.

Keez - Danish old-school DJ

Propulsion/Samsara - UK DJ

ResonatorXL in Texas

+ obviously more...

I've seen black people at parties + festivals.. But I agree, that the percentage is VERY low... And I can't come up with a proper answer why...

/DP

352444[/snapback]

Because psychedelic trance isn´t made with the typical african jungle drums and there aren´t ablum there that the titles of them ask god for rain. :lol::lol::lol:

No really, i think African people are different from european or American people, look the character, the voice and so on.

Because psychedelic trance isn´t made with the typical african jungle drums and there aren´t ablum there that the titles of them ask god for rain.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

No really, i think African people are different from european or American people, look the character, the voice and so on.

430666[/snapback]

What do you mean? :unsure:

What do you mean?  :unsure:

430682[/snapback]

he replied with joke to DPs post about why there arent much black psy producers. radi joked that there are no african drums in psytrance and that album names are not about asking gods for rain :)

i guess

Not necessarily. He didn't say anything derogatory, only that they are different.

430776[/snapback]

>>>Because psychedelic trance isn´t made with the typical african jungle drums and there aren´t ablum there that the titles of them ask god for rain.

you must be kidding me..

but then again, judging by threads from Isratrance and here, ignorance, racism, and homophobia are more than tolerated within the "enlightened" psytrance community.

it's especially funny to hear that knowing that the majority of the original techno, jungle, and acid house producers and DJs back from the 80s and 90s are black..

but i hate rap.....it gives me headaches,makes me want to kill everything that moves...

:lol: How do you think the mainstream feels when they hear this way over the top bumbumbumbumbumbumswishbumbumbum darkpsy music we listen to :lol:

There is some very good hip-hop out there that is still uses lyrics and words as an artform around a very good beat, but you will never ever hear find it on your own from the TV or Radio. And no they don't rap about money, drugs, or women but about political systems and oppression and society and whatever other topic there is that they feel they have to say something about.

Rap is the new pop music. I think everyone wants to feel more hardcore and badass like they're from the streets so they look up to the latest fitty cent video to get their fix of bad-assedness. I mean look at how pop music was 10 years ago, it was all sing-song fluffy emotional stuff about love, its only logical it would swing to the opposite of that now.

Me being from the united states where the Rap epidemic has been going on for the past 8 years ever since Eminem introduced it to white people by being white himself... I find it sadly hilarious when I hear rap from germany or russia, I can't believe that this has spread to the entire world. The funniest part is how every rap-pop song is exactly the same, I can literally tell you which rapper is copying who from the united states and which song he is ripping word for word but.

So its pop music, nothing but, and since when has that music ever had any integrity or popularity outside of 15 year olds trying to fit in?

G G G G G G G UNIT!

Posted Image

wtf goes through your head when u say such things...

just cuz he's black he's bound to love those african drums and only that?

im ashamed to hear such things!

430810[/snapback]

exactly

I find it sadly hilarious when I hear rap from germany or russia, I can't believe that this has spread to the entire world.

430883[/snapback]

depends again.

there could be nice hiphop in every country

although i think afro-americans are the best

i hate it.end of story.

you may call me whatever you please,i will still hate it.

now has anyone used those pioneer 1000 mk2?

are they up to their money?

*desperate effort to change subject*

431009[/snapback]

if it´s about hiphop i hate it alzo very much.

I like hip hop but not commercial hip hop. I prefer the crack-heads-on-death-row style hip hop. rapping about beating ho's up, robbing people and shooting cops whilst selling crack in the ghetto. dat shit is da shizzle y'all.

431061[/snapback]

IMO that is even more lame hip-hop than the one where they rap about cars and bitches drinking champagne.

IMO that is even more lame hip-hop than the one where they rap about cars and bitches drinking champagne.

431130[/snapback]

More lame than this one with the rap about the cars and bitches??? 50Cent, Xibit and all the other suckers make so awful music and they even thing they are gods, can´t believe it.

50Cent, Xibit and all the other suckers make so awful music and they even thing they are gods, can´t believe it.

431134[/snapback]

that's not hiphop that's (bad) entertainment....

I'm not into hip hop anymore like any gerne it can be very good :

I am, saïan supa crew, starflam, scratch perverts, dj mixmaster mike !!!! , the roots, old wu tang clan (36 chambers !!!), old gangstarr, even old dr dre stuff (the chronic) is very good...

More lame than this one with the rap about the cars and bitches??? 50Cent, Xibit and all the other suckers make so awful music and they even thing they are gods, can´t believe it.

431134[/snapback]

yes, because at least there isnt that much of so wild violence calling brutthas to kill cops and kick bitches and sell crack and kill that god damn nigga :rolleyes:

yes, because at least there isnt that much of so wild violence calling brutthas to kill cops and kick bitches and sell crack and kill that god damn nigga :rolleyes:

431169[/snapback]

sometimes it's just enternaiment. rhymes to show writing and mcing skills..

it doesnt mean that big L that says "and if L catches aids then i'' start raping bitches" would start raping bitches and spreadings AIDS.

sometimes it's just enternaiment. rhymes to show writing and mcing skills..

it doesnt mean that big L that says "and if L catches aids then i'' start raping bitches"  would start raping bitches and spreadings AIDS.

431214[/snapback]

yes, but thats how braindead wankers understand that :rolleyes:

for them its teh kewl

nick you are a hip-hop lover!

BAN HIM

BAN HIM NOW!!!!!

j/k

enough with this rap bullshit,will someone answer my question?

431233[/snapback]

hahah! i used to listen a lot in the past, now i listen very rarely and just a few tracks...

Dont know enough to answer your question

now has anyone used those pioneer 1000 mk2?

are they up to their money?

but i have heard good words in general for mk2.

I have found it baffling why this genre is so white-bred, heterosexual, and male-dominated. But it is true that psytrance is not very funky. Even the funky stuff is not very funky compared to real funk music. One thing I've found is that girls especially want booty-shaking music to dance to, and hip-hop lets them do that. And gay men generally find the music abrasive and would prefer house or regular trance.

And there also seems to be a correlation between psytrance and the spiritual, and booty-shaking music and the religious. Odd.

Does this all mean that we're all, with very few exceptions, just a bunch of unfunky white guys? Appears so.

• Like 1

• 16 years later...