Artists experimenting with acid

well apparently i was wrong then... it is possible and probable to swallow a bunch of acid to sit in front of a computer and handle logic expertly and be 'productive' at it... i'll be damned... guess that's what separares the pro's form the amateurs...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rather a silly question in a way.

your listening to psychedelic trance, two words linked with experiencing the other-wordly, trying to see, feel something not readily avaible in "normal" life or at least not by doing what ever people around you are doing

anything creative is created by stepping ou of line.

whether you take that extra step by doing drugs or any other way (mayby your just a born drop-ou,t you see thigns different by default), drugs are the most readily avaible medium.

so yes any artist who has used drugs, will use these experiences.

How do you know?..

If all this is true... it's sad :(

352316[/snapback]

I've also heard (from my imaginary brother's ex-girlfriend's talking pet rat's overgrown tumor) that they both worship satan and keep a herd of young goats to rape before they work in the studio so they can sacrifice them to the dark lord and rub the bloody semen feces all over themselves while they are doing fat lines of blow off of hookers' tits. They get their musical talent from SATAN SATAN SATAN!!

Damned gay satanic coke-sniffers (not to be confused with Gay Satanic Hippies which are totally killer).............

But seriously, who the fuck gives a shit what drugs these artists do if they produce kickass music and put on good performances at parties? If they are assholes about it (ie, they get off the plane and demand drugs & superstar treatment) it sort of sucks, but that is rarely the case in this scene. If I buy a CD and dig the music, I don't care if the artist does LSD, blow, speed, ketamine, sniffs glue or does droplets of adrenachrome. My business as a music fan & DJ begins and ends with the music on the CD.

(that wasn't a criticism on your topic, Serphish, more directed at the countless people who constantly critisize an artist over alleged drug use - when the drug isn't a psychedelic one)

Ticon's new album will be psy-electroclash then ;)

351912[/snapback]

Hey, now that would be cool :)

I'm talking about *psychedelic music*, not teenage neo full on.

352801[/snapback]

i think that FP meant the same - psy not fullBLoWn :)

my personal opinion is - and in this case this is the only true and right answer - yes u can create goa/psy without using any psychedelics/drugs, you just have to be very intelligent and know what u r after, the only difference between you and artists that use drug/psychedelics in general will be that you dont use any, but they do some... :) and the music wont be less intense and full sounding, that is - it will not be thin and boring crap ;)!

You don't need acid to make psy. Or any drug for that matter. And what's so hard about believing Simon has only taken DMT? Just because he named a track LSD? He's named another track Dark Magus, should we see that as him being into dark magic/occult practices?

Well, you honestly believed that Simon had only done DMT too, so...

EDIT: Better add a smiley:  ;)

352137[/snapback]

You don't need acid to make psy. Or any drug for that matter. And what's so hard about believing Simon has only taken DMT? Just because he named a track LSD? He's named another track Dark Magus, should we see that as him being into dark magic/occult practices?

352973[/snapback]

No i dont belive he has only taken DMT, not any longer, if you had read the whole interveiw some guy posted a link to an interview with simon where he sais that he has done Acid

I'm talking about psychedelic music, not teenage neo full on.

352801[/snapback]

No correlation sorry. I know people who barely touch alcohol and make more mind altering music than anything by today's 'cid drinking dark psy producers. Sorry, the music comes from the mind and not anything else. Yes, most of the psy producers had psychedelic experiences, yes, without LSD there would be no Beatles (unless you call their pre-LSD music worthy) no Jimmy Hendrix, no Pink Floyd and certainly no Psy Trance or Goa. But, there are artists that don't.

omg No Jimi Hendrix

then i would rather not be born into a world like that

my god no Jimi Hendrix, no pink Floyd, no goa no psy, no far out literature

thank you Doc once more

ofcourse there can be some people who prefer not to and still can make this kind a music

no worries they ll do it soon, they dont know what they re missin

There are some people who are in born lsd tripped

like hermann hesse

i mean read steppenwolf and journey to east

I know people who barely touch alcohol and make more mind altering music than anything by today's 'cid drinking dark psy producers.

353149[/snapback]

For example?

Of course there are. I just mean that experiencing 'life changing' experiences and seeing or even understanding the depths of our mind is easier with acid than without it.

I bow down to the ones that 'see the truth' without chemicals.

im sure some artists use drugs to look at things differently, unless they're able to do it without drugs. i wouldnt doubt that simon has done a few, and i wasnt suprised to see hux flux say they have because they're music is very.. out there :D great shit..

i think its possible to produce while tripping. its just very easy to get side tracked (For me atleast)... by that i mean not walking off to do something... just spending 1 hour on 1 layer of 1 part of the track. i usually dont produce while tripping.. i save that for when i got a couple good tracks going. call it 'test driving' if you want... after hearing it in a new way i find things to change, add, remove, etc etc...

now thc.. i think a bit more do that while producing ;) i know i do. you can still get a different view of things, but still remain on task.

until you raid the pantry of course :lol:

i think its possible to produce while tripping. its just very easy to get side tracked (For me atleast)... by that i mean not walking off to do something... just spending 1 hour on 1 layer of 1 part of the track.

353265[/snapback]

my thoughts exactly... well bubba strap yourself in, cause apparently you are not goa enough...

Mark Shagal and Antonio Gaudi. 2 very famous that made quite psychedelic work without touching any hallucinogen ever.

prove it.