Best Etnica Album

Time_Trap

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I can see why Alien Protein is most favorited. That was their FIRST, and for it's time, it must have been great. But I too was one of those people that heard it later on, (2003-2004 for me) so although several tracks did sound really "cool" in the oldschool goa feel and spirit, there was this dated feel and sound I couldn't get over.

The Etnica album I did hear sooner after it's release and really enjoyed was EQUATOR. What a unique album! It seemed to get quite a handful of good and not good reviews. Sure it was completely different from Alien Protein in style and trance, but it's opening track is so powerful chill.. it hits so hard and is so floating and catchy, and many of those world-influenced or ethnic-influenced songs that come afterwards I found beautiful and overall good. In short, I was impressed and I think EQUATOR is their most underrated album, period. It's interesting how they've come so low over the years. I honestly never bothered to hear Nitrox straight through after reading so many mixed reviews. The parts I did hear sounded uninteresting to me, like where were all those melodies that made Equator so melodic? Nitrox seemed to focus much more on bass lines and beats, and not melodies -- until the last several track. :( However, I'm now more open-minded to give it a try, especially after sampling the last several tracks first. :)

It seems that around the time that Etnica's Pleiadians group split, so did their focus to work congruently as a group. Their recent album Sharp just made me cringe based on the longer samples. I felt it was so dull and unimaginative sounding. Etnica seems to change up their sound too often in the their albums which may be one reason why each of their albums is love it or hate it basically. It's ashame, really. I don't know if they'll ever make something great or even good album again. Sharp is mostly filler in my opinion when you compare it to earlier efforts by this once innovative, impressive artists..

Although Alien Protein (with exception to Juggeling Alchemists cause I never heard it) is most likely the best of it's time...

My VOTE goes to EQUATOR.

PS: So how is it so many of you have heard Juggeling Alchemists? I haven't been able to find a copy anywhere in years, and that includes saikosounds, psyshop, amazon.co.uk, etc.. I really want to hear that album and not being able to find it anywhere, it's like it doesn't exist. Anyone know why this album is so rare or where it may be available?

PS: So how is it so many of you have heard Juggeling Alchemists? I haven't been able to find a copy anywhere in years, and that includes saikosounds, psyshop, amazon.co.uk, etc.. I really want to hear that album and not being able to find it anywhere, it's like it doesn't exist. Anyone know why this album is so rare or where it may be available?

351286[/snapback]

I found it on a finnish ebay clone and bought it. The seller wasn't a psytrancer. I still haven't listened to it myself. But it's for sale for 100$. :lol: I heard people are willing to pay that price for it. Im sure you can't find it in any stores.. only second-hand. Seems to be very rare.

351286[/snapback]

It is a very rare album indeed, very old. I think that was their first, not Alien Protein.

We 've heard it because we downloaded it. Im sure nobody would mind downloading an album so old which is out of the maket for a long time.

And btw, i heard Alien Protein in 2001-02 for the first time. True masterpieces never sound "dated".

351286[/snapback]

I bought it back when it was new. I think most others did too. Keep an eye on amazon & ebay. Sometimes it'll pop up. Think I say it on amazon about 8 months ago.

I bought it back when it was new.  I think most others did too.  Keep an eye on amazon & ebay.  Sometimes it'll pop up.  Think I say it on amazon about 8 months ago.

351793[/snapback]

i got my copy off ebay...can't remember the price but it was not more than 20 eur

And btw, i heard Alien Protein in 2001-02 for the first time. True masterpieces never sound "dated".

351761[/snapback]

;)

Alien Protein for me too...

maybe we should send a link to this thread to Etnica guys?  :P

351894[/snapback]

did u?!

• 2 weeks later...

Alien Protein for me too...

maybe we should send a link to this thread to Etnica guys?  :P

351894[/snapback]

sure, why not? :D

351898[/snapback]

They wouldn't bother in any case cause Andrea Rizzo and Carlo Patterno, the two melodic geniuses left the group and that is why Etnica lacks so much these years...plus when Filteria remixed one of their tracks Max told him that it was ' a little bit too melodic ' for them to release it... :huh:

That explains how much they would care even if they see another 100 pages of praising, they simply lack melodic masters and obviously don't even bother playing with our brains anymore but would rather make ' cool, dark ' music these days... <_<

Juggeling Alchemists is the best one for me....it is so much more emotional and unique than all their later stuff. But unfortunately the sound quality sound really crap to me when I listen to it today...I would love to hear a remake of the album with their technology of today...that would be timeless beauty then

haven't heard others than Alien Protein, which is... well, suffice it to say the most spiritual album i've ever heard, an efficient tool to a blissful trance state...to begin with.. :)

Pleiadians - IFO comes kind of close, but in a different way.

i didn't vote. i'm still n00b. ;)

I don't expect Nitrox to get a single vote here... and if it does, I demand an explanation.

349711[/snapback]

Come on it's not that bad...

I voted for Alien Protein, but the decision was hard between it and Equator...

• 4 weeks later...

juggeling alchemists...

alien protein is also good but it doesn't have this dreamy feeling to it.

349857[/snapback]

quite agree...

but it s a very close call, i love their first 3 albums very much !!!!

btw, without saying their last albums arent any good.. how could someone vote for them as being favourites..?

yes, tastes differ.. but....... ....... ....... ....... .... :blink::blink:

I've heard the odd Etnica track but have somehow gone without ever hearing any of their albums. Are they still worth picking up?

382757[/snapback]

You should know from this thread...

The first one is very dreamy adn original.

Second i don't know too well. But it sounded good too.

The third one is a very innovative cd... breakbeats, oriental stuff and psytrance, all on the same disc.

which odd etnica track?

i would say The Juggeling Alchemists Under The Black Light is definitely worth getting.

382939[/snapback]

Not for the price most demand for it.

which odd etnica track?

i would say The Juggeling Alchemists Under The Black Light is definitely worth getting.

382939[/snapback]

I couldn't give specific names but I'm almost certain I have a number of compilations containing Etnica tracks, I'll take a look later.

As ga2pir put it, from the number of people who took part in this poll it would seem their albums are well worth getting hold of.