what is your tribal music

Strifer

Hey,

so I'm wondering what music you think is incredibly tribal, the music that sends you in a hypnotic state of mind where you lose track of time and your whole mind is focused on one thing, the rythm of the song and where it's taking you. It doesn't have to be psytrance or even trance (to me, most psytrance coming out now doesn't induce any of these feelings whatsoever). One of the songs I'm thinking of will probably surprise you....flight 643 by Tiesto, dunno, can't get enough of that song, lol.

Also, I dunno if anyone here has witnessed Capoeira (Brazilian martialart/dance) but the music they play to it can be incredibly hypnotic, and it consists of just some percussion and a birimbao (very cool instrument).

Best tribal 'psy'-trance song ever:

Sonic Fusion - Tribal Warrior

You MUST hear this one! And turn the volume up loud! Great tune!

Here is a streaming sample:

http://ip23.dyn181.pacific.net.hk/11513.m3u

does not live up to the magic of complete song though :)

yea, this is great,

the song grabs you and doesn't let go,

though for me it's a little fast to be really hypnotic, but if it was slower the song would lose it's beauty.

349509[/snapback]

Ah, have you heard the full version yet? :) I'm sure it will hypnotise you! It starts with some sounds straight from the jungle (flies, crickets etc..) , and some weird medicine/cannibal/whatever guy speaking and then the drums take over and some 'evil' cannibal chants haha... actually this song takes me into the deep amazon jungle and putting me in the big human / cannibal soup somehow (i imagine that when i listen to it), the stereo effects are amazing!

Tribal Warrior is a classic indeed, although it tends to get a bit boring if you listen to the whole track. I also like the new compilation from Tribal Vision Records "Inner Circle", there´s some good darker tribal on there. A lot of older Iboga releases have a very tribal feel as well, you know, the days of "Tryptamine" and "Ethnobotany".

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Juno Reactor has plenty of tribal tunes, my favorite is Jardin De Cécile ^_^

I agree about Highlight Tribe, don't forget Secret Vibes too more melodic or midtempo & french too :D

I enjoy a lot the old Jaïa tracks like Kannibal, Maï Maï & their song Bakari Jan made with DJ Jean-Marie K under the name Khora.

Element has done another tribal anthem with Akasha, the remix done with Dj Alex is fuckin marvelous also.

Electric Universe - Tribal Session

B)

i am a tribal music freak. i'm talking about music from ancient tribes, aboriginal music, for example. i play tribal instruments since years like djembe, didjeridu...

what is transporting me the most is percussions, simply and purely. it reaches up to the most primitives sensitives zones of our brain.

just listen to some percussions band like Guem, and you'll see...

put earphones, pump up the volume to the maximum and you will soon be dancin.

i also think that primitive percussions like djembe fits perfectly to psy music.

(ex: Goa Gil - Djembe)

i agree that Flight 643 of Tiesto is pretty hipnotic, but there is lot more songs that brings those same feelings.

Oh and by the way, i have a mp3 called

"techno-trance-house - bt - dreaming (dj tiesto remix)" that contains tribal djembe. but i dunno what is this song, who made it, and if it's really a remix of tiesto... anyone knows?

Yea, Juno reactor definitly has some tribal vibes, I forgot to mention him. I have to check this stuff out, all these songs sound great, and yea, The ambush, I remember that song. I was really curious though, to see tracks outside the trance genre, because you can find these vibes in any style of music, so I'm wondering in which odd places you might find them.

tribal?

Sir Eel - Shiva Subcontractor (one half of Waterjuice, and an amazing project that no longer exists)

i believe there are still some copies left on vaporvent.com

definitely grabs me everytime i listen to it, and is mad as hell (but i will still take some more, hehe)

Guest The Journey Man Project

v.a - "Tantrance 8"

Sonic Fusion - "Tribal Warrior (Live Version)"

I just loved this, first heard it at a techno (not psy) gig where a mate of mine played it as the first track in his set, the crowd went absolutley mental!! Hard to find good tribal music now-a-days... 95% sounds wwwaaayyy to synthetic and digital...