2 Habitual Overtones

3 Pagan Dream Machine

4 Mindless

5 Invisible Landscapes

6 Twilight Eyes

7 Spaced

[ Discogs link: http://www.discogs.com/release/221034 ]

Review:

I can't find a review ANYWHERE else on this site. But this is such a great album I had to tell you all about it anyway. :)

This is the second release from Entheogenic, their first being the self titled album that was released in 2002.

Let's skip the background and go through the tracks, shall we? ;)

1. It's a dark and mysterious journey, full of reverbed chants, crows crowing and overall a gorgeous atmosphere. The melodies take you somewhere else - most of them delayed arpeggios. The rhythms are hypnotic and infectious here, sucking you in. Nice start to the album! :)

2. Starts off dark like Ground Luminosity - this track feels a lot more mechanical and industrial in the beginning - eventually finding floating melodies. Again, we have plenty of singing and scalic melodies. Cool track.

3. Probably the best on the album. Begins with some ethereal voice and straight into the synth weirdness. This track is beautiful, extremely peaceful - I can't count how many times it's been played on my stereo. It does sound very pagan too, lots of monks chanting in the background. The entire song keeps building up and up until the amazing string break around 6:00. Sensational!

4. Nice Shpongley flutes in this one. Faster paced than the others too. Great acid lines and the song is full of textures. Again we have the characteristic ostinato like bass, vocals and atmospheric pads with the strong percussion. Nice track!

5. Great track. The McKenna sample really fits this one - "...Life is a problem to be solved, it's a conundrum - it's not what it appears to be - there are doors - there are locks and keys - there are levels..." - The vocal drone is hypnotic, and again this track is very atmospheric. I like the way the track 'explodes' into a 4tothefloor groove before some percussion breaks. Again, this track features a beautiful string break around 6:30.

6. Haven't really listened to this one much. It's very spacey and again we have McKenna in the background. The choir at the end of the track is very surprising - gotta listen to this one more I think.

7. "And then I promise you, you will dream a different story altogether". Very floaty and space like. The first two minutes could have easily passed as from Star Wars - with the pads playing fifths. Again, very atmospheric.

Fantastic album. Just put it on and relax. Only criticism here is that some elements are the same in each track (the hihat pattern is the same in 3 + 4) - which isn't annoying - just that's me being fussy as a musician! :P

Favourites: 1, 3(!!!), 4, 5(!!)

Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/cor/cor1cd001.html

amazing melodies , intense atmosphere and soothing at the same time,

goatic eastern vibes all the way , psychedelic sounds and presets combined with analog warm instruments.don't expect experiments here.

one of the best in the downbeat side of the moon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the best psy chill albums ever, though I prefer their first one.

393528[/snapback]

IMO it's the other way around.

Second "Spontaneous Illumination" is more filigran

then the first album. And the follow up of it, "Dilaogue of the

speakers" is even more detailed because of a new interpretation

trough some well known artists. But nevertheless - every album

gots it's masterpieces and that's what counts.

LT :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Entheogenic - Spontaneous Illumination</span>

Posted Image

Tracklist:

1 Ground Luminosity

2 Habitual Overtones

3 Pagan Dream Machine

4 Mindless

5 Invisible Landscapes

6 Twilight Eyes

7 Spaced

[ <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Discogs link: http://www.discogs.com/release/221034 </span> ]

Review:

I can't find a review ANYWHERE else on this site. But this is such a great album I had to tell you all about it anyway. :)

This is the second release from Entheogenic, their first being the self titled album that was released in 2002.

Let's skip the background and go through the tracks, shall we? ;)

1. It's a dark and mysterious journey, full of reverbed chants, crows crowing and overall a gorgeous atmosphere. The melodies take you somewhere else - most of them delayed arpeggios. The rhythms are hypnotic and infectious here, sucking you in. Nice start to the album! :)

2. Starts off dark like Ground Luminosity - this track feels a lot more mechanical and industrial in the beginning - eventually finding floating melodies. Again, we have plenty of singing and scalic melodies. Cool track.

3. Probably the best on the album. Begins with some ethereal voice and straight into the synth weirdness. This track is beautiful, extremely peaceful - I can't count how many times it's been played on my stereo. It does sound very pagan too, lots of monks chanting in the background. The entire song keeps building up and up until the amazing string break around 6:00. Sensational!

4. Nice Shpongley flutes in this one. Faster paced than the others too. Great acid lines and the song is full of textures. Again we have the characteristic ostinato like bass, vocals and atmospheric pads with the strong percussion. Nice track!

5. Great track. The McKenna sample really fits this one - "...Life is a problem to be solved, it's a conundrum - it's not what it appears to be - there are doors - there are locks and keys - there are levels..." - The vocal drone is hypnotic, and again this track is very atmospheric. I like the way the track 'explodes' into a 4tothefloor groove before some percussion breaks. Again, this track features a beautiful string break around 6:30.

6. Haven't really listened to this one much. It's very spacey and again we have McKenna in the background. The choir at the end of the track is very surprising - gotta listen to this one more I think.

7. "And then I promise you, you will dream a different story altogether". Very floaty and space like. The first two minutes could have easily passed as from Star Wars - with the pads playing fifths. Again, very atmospheric.

Fantastic album. Just put it on and relax. Only criticism here is that some elements are the same in each track (the hihat pattern is the same in 3 + 4) - which isn't annoying - just that's me being fussy as a musician! :P

Favourites: 1, 3(!!!), 4, 5(!!)

Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/cor/cor1cd001.html

In my opinion their most psychedelic release.

A classic right nest to their first one.

• 4 weeks later...

great album... I loved the first and this one is the second and was played many times...

I just love it Posted Image

:lol::lol: sorry :unsure:

A psychedelic chill candy, a must have for all chillers. Very deep journey from the beginning to the end.

:clapping:

indeed nice concept and a travel, it's like one track

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...