Cognitive Dissidents-Dimension Disco

Ormion

Those two tracks by Quirk are amazing!!! Actually Cognitive Dissidents is one of my all-time best tracks and Dimension Disco a hard old school killer. The problem is that I dislike any other track by Quirk. I hate the tribal tech-housy they produce the later years.

So, do Quirk have other tracks in this style? :unsure:

Those two tracks by Quirk are amazing!!! Actually Cognitive Dissidents is one of my all-time best tracks and Dimension Disco a hard old school killer. The problem is that I dislike any other track by Quirk. I hate the tribal tech-housy they produce the later years.

So, do Quirk have other tracks in this style?  :unsure:

346879[/snapback]

Check out Dark Matter / Shark Matter.

My favourite songs from Quirk as well. "Robotised" is another great one, and you should also check out the stuff they released under the Quixotic alias: Spy vs Fly, Hearbeat, Evangelica, Sproing and 32 Bit Priest are all good ones.

346921[/snapback]

Quixotic? I thought that they released Progressive-Techno under this name.

Anyway I'll check it out ;)

Quixotic? I thought that they released Progressive-Techno under this name.

Anyway I'll check it out  ;)

346924[/snapback]

Nope, actually they released stuff in the old Quirk style using the Quixotic name, while they changed the style on the Quirk stuff to more house sounding stuff. So I'm pretty sure you'll like it. B)

I am still seeking info on the Ping REMIX... anyone know where it can be found in unmixed form?

It can be heard in the Inventive Steps mix I believe... might be wrong - it's been a few years.

Quirk rox.

347253[/snapback]

If you like for early Quirk stuff, you should start to dig deeeeep in to someones old DAT bags you might find some intresting stuff from squid / sephalpod, it's quite early Tim Healy stuff that is absolutely wonderful.

If you like for early Quirk stuff, you should start to dig deeeeep in to someones old DAT bags you might find some intresting stuff from squid / sephalpod, it's quite early Tim Healy stuff that is absolutely wonderful.

347338[/snapback]

Agreed, he did some pretty crazy stuff back then... I totally love "Option Paralysis" (which is a released track) but the weird kick drum makes it a bit tricky to mix. I think that one might have been on a Sephalopod 12" that isn't on Discogs.com yet, but I didn't get a reply when I mailed Tim about it... I think Freak 002 might be the one. I wonder what was on the flip side of that one.