fruity loops (mastering etc)

hi!

i have been using FL 5 for quite a while now (and am pretty confident that i am able to properly use most of it's features), but it seems to eat away at you CPU's usage at an insane level.

this means that whenever i get to a point of having a decent song the only way to listen to it in total is by rendering it (i have a pretty up to date comp.)

does anyone else have this problem?

this of course makes a shit job for mastering, is there any specific program i could use, or is it just my soundcard settings?

(also my soundcard is pretty ok and i have tried many diff. settings, some inproved it slighty, but never to good)

(i'll by posting some songs in a while.........)

hi!

i have been using FL 5 for quite a while now (and am pretty confident that i am able to properly use most of it's features), but it seems to eat away at you CPU's usage at an insane level.

this means that whenever i get to a point of having a decent song the only way to listen to it in total is by rendering it (i have a pretty up to date comp.)

does anyone else have this problem?

this of course makes a shit job for mastering, is there any specific program i could use, or is it just my soundcard settings?

(also my soundcard is pretty ok and i have tried many diff. settings, some inproved it slighty, but never to good)

(i'll by posting some songs in a while.........)

346731[/snapback]

Actually I use cubase, so I have no idea if this at all applies to FL.

I have noticed that when I run my song in 24bits instead of 16 it makes it easier for my CPU to eat.

Another good way to reduce CPU usage is to mixdown just parts of your song to audio. If you're, for example, sure you won't change your bassline anymore, just mix it down and use it as audio in your track.

But don't forget that the music making process is just very intensive, even with up to date computers.

Mixing parts to wav might indeed be a good idea. The same thing happens to me sometimes when I have too many effects running at the same time - but organizing the effects in the channels better usually solves the problem.

346832[/snapback]

Yes at some point you just have to do it, on the other hand you can drastically extend that point with FX Teleport.

With FX Teleport I can run VST's on another system, so what I do is run a bunch of VST's on my laptop and some on the computer where my sequencer is running. This way I simply divide the load.

This is how I work now:

Posted Image

;)

what kind of comp u have? how much ram?

what kind of soundcard?

i use logic so i am not familiar with fruity but i think logic and cubase eat more cpu than fruity...

so u should record some parts (especially the ones with plug-ins that eat ur cpu)

u will have to do it anyway if u move to cubase or logic in the future, so might as well get used to it now :)

as far as mastering.. u should not do it urself..

instead focus on getting the best sound in ur tracks... don't look at the mastering as the solution to fixing errors...

the pros can do a much better job than u anyway...

347201[/snapback]

Most of us can't pay the pros;)

ok thanks!

indeed mot playing certain parts should help, such a simple solution a sorta overlooked!

as for the mastering is for the pro's and not being able to pay, your right in a way, if you get the cleanest sound out of your generators, mastering should only spice it up a bit.

i geauss, music making is intense indeed, whatever you do, your comp will always, be at maximum use

cool seput by the way roly! B)

the best way is to render wav files of each element instead of having vst's running. It takes a bit extra time but it's worth it.

and btw it's fun to manipulate the wavs by cutting them, stuttering them and so on. fun.

i know that most of us can't pay the pros..

i guess my point is that from what i know, if u don't what u r doing it's best not to master ur tracks... just make the best possible mix and play it like that...

then if u become better and can release it, then u send it to get a good mastering...

i think too many people think of mastering as the solutions to pbs in the mix, when it's better to try to not have those in the first place...

the best way is to render wav files of each element instead of having vst's running. It takes a bit extra time but it's worth it.

and btw it's fun to manipulate the wavs by cutting them, stuttering them and so on. fun.

348562[/snapback]

Sry if this is something very basic, but i wanna learn ^^ :

How do i render sounds into wav in fl?