IRC channels

do you know some channels for psy-music fans on undernet?

345746[/snapback]

#psytrance on undernet.

But its basically a little clique of friends that often talk amongst themselves about what they did the previous weekend or what they are going to do that evening or coming weekend. Occasionally someone will mention music but mostly it takes the form of derisive comments about various artists/styles. I remember back in the 2000 - 2002 era when many people were bashing on minimal/progressive they were right there on the bandwagon.

They are mostly scandinavian and western european.

IRC channels suck.

like ironmonkey said, in every channel there are just friends chatting.

if you want music talk, it's better to do it in forums.

for 3 or 4 years i used to be a regular on

#trance (undernet) - friends chatting, but mostly idling

#psychedelic (undernet) - no one ever said 1 word in this channel

now we're doing this #psynews.org in efnet. but it's just a few of us there.

#psytrance on undernet.

But its basically a little clique of friends that often talk amongst themselves about what they did the previous weekend or what they are going to do that evening or coming weekend.  Occasionally someone will mention music but mostly it takes the form of derisive comments about various artists/styles.  I remember back in the 2000 - 2002 era when many people were bashing on minimal/progressive they were right there on the bandwagon.

345970[/snapback]

Hehe, whats your nick on IRC mate? I'm asking because I've been a channel-regular in #psytrance on undernet basically since it was started. I agree about it being a small group of friends by the way :)

Hehe, whats your nick on IRC mate? I'm asking because I've been a channel-regular in #psytrance on undernet basically since it was started. I agree about it being a small group of friends by the way :)

346060[/snapback]

there was this danish guy ... apparently cool guy, who was friends with a friend of mine, and after some time they had this irc fight, and the danish guy hated my friend .. and also me, cause i was romanian and shit, apparently (nice reason, haha) ... and he used some offensive words when addressing to me. he used to be in #psychedelic. i don't even remember that guy's nickname ... i think he used to own the channel #undernet or something.

so i never wanted to be around such idiot, thus i never joined that channel. i know some great people in there, like lurk, bat ....

oh, oh, irc stories :D

i wonder if the danish guy is on psynews also :P

#psytrance on undernet.

But its basically a little clique of friends that often talk amongst themselves about what they did the previous weekend or what they are going to do that evening or coming weekend.  Occasionally someone will mention music but mostly it takes the form of derisive comments about various artists/styles.  I remember back in the 2000 - 2002 era when many people were bashing on minimal/progressive they were right there on the bandwagon.

345970[/snapback]

Well, many of us in #psytrance enjoyed minimal & progressive since..... FOREVER...... However, people do not always have the same tastes in music.

Just to let you know - Just because some are bashing a genre, doesnt mean its the taste of everybody else who is there :-)

Best Wishes

Krell