What makes psychedelic

What does sound psychedelic?

How do get sounds make sound psychedelic?

I mean the "Future Sound Of London" type of psychedelic. Not the just layered melodies type of psy.

Here's something to begin with:

- hard detuned sounds lightly faling in pitch.

- accidental short growing hard resonance on a synth.

- much reverb/delay on sounds. sometimes also not doing this sounds very psychedelic.

- voices (hard or slightly fx'ed / also small band pass filtering is nice)

- out of pitch sounds, sounds that doesn't seem to fit the tone scale at first.

- sounds from real life like footsteps, doors, screams, laughs,... with much verb.

other tips are welcome, that's why I wrote this off course (selfish as I am)

hi...

i feel that.. it is psychedelic because..

the entire frequency spectrum is filled up with different stuff going on in different frequency bands...

there are many sound chains going on at the same time...different people at different times catch on to different chains...

its like a carnival...so many things going on together that u dont really know what to look at... its very colourful...full of different timbres and textures...

also alot of depth is created by using various dynamics,effects like reverb,panning......

also the tempo and repetitive rhythms and bassline that progress through the track with slight variations tend to be hypnotic and trance inducing..

ofcourse what also makes it psychedlic is your perception,your mind and also whatever u are on....

hi...

i feel that.. it is psychedelic because..

the entire frequency spectrum is filled up with different stuff going on in different frequency bands...

there are many sound chains going on at the same time...different people at different times  catch on to different chains...

its like a carnival...so many things going on together that u dont really know what to look at... its very colourful...full of different timbres and textures...

also alot of depth is created by using various dynamics,effects like reverb,panning......

also the tempo and repetitive rhythms and bassline that progress through the track with slight variations tend to be hypnotic and trance inducing..

ofcourse what also makes it psychedlic is your perception,your mind and also whatever u are on....

347505[/snapback]

Well put! I agree to 100 %