Festivals in BRASIL

flyingdragon

mardi gras. once every year. feb 28, tuesday, 2006.

339473[/snapback]

That's in New Orleans. We have Carnaval here in February hehehe. I guess that's what you're talking about.

BUT...

There's Universo Paralello (28th Dec - 4th Jan) www.universoparalello.art.br

There should be 2 trance festivals during Carnaval.

- Solaris Festival www.solarisfestival.art.br

- Trance Formation

There should be lots of other parties and festivals from December through February.

Check this website out

www.baladaplanet.com.br

That's in New Orleans. We have Carnaval here in February hehehe. I guess that's what you're talking about.

BUT...

There's Universo Paralello (28th Dec - 4th Jan) www.universoparalello.art.br

There should be 2 trance festivals during Carnaval.

- Solaris Festival www.solarisfestival.art.br

- Trance Formation

There should be lots of other parties and festivals from December through February.

Check this website out

www.baladaplanet.com.br

339522[/snapback]

really? i thought mardi gras was in brazil... :blink:

the 2 main trance festivals you should check out, as bad trip said, is Universo Paralello (www.universoparalello.art.br) and Solaris festival in february

appart from trance festivals, in february there is the famous Carnival, happening all around brazil.. You probably seen images of it, the half naked women with some weird costumes, lots of beer, samba and other traditional music, etc...

where in brazil do you plan on going? Universo Paralello in new year is in Bahia, north-east of brazil... Solaris is in sao paulo state, in the south east... and carnival is all around, from south to north

and yes, OD, mardi grass is in new orleans usa, but it is in some aspects similar to brazillian carnival (costumes, the moving sound cars, alcohol, half naked women, etc)

The parade we have here in Rio generates a lot of tourism and the parade itself is a multi-million $$ business.

I'd say it is bigger than Mardi Gras, but the concept of the party is a lot different.

The parade takes place in the Sambódromo (Samba-dome sort-of), with people singing, dancing etc while the participants walk down the alley... Mardi Gras is just a lot of people around NOrleans, lots of music, people out on the balconies of houses, apartment complexes, etc.. Ladies flashing their tits in exchange for beads/necklaces..

In Brasil you will only see tits and the semi-naked ladies on this parade. In the USA you should see them around town.. only flashing their tits, no bikinis or stuff that you see in Brazil.

I would come to the parade in Rio if I was 40+ years old, whilst the party in New Orleans is for people 18-30... :)