The Shitty Remix Contest

Basilisk

1200 Micrograms - Rock Into the Future -> The Police's Message in the Bottle, no?

338201[/snapback]

Wasn't it an Iron Maiden track? Or Black Sabbath, whatever, they're all the same.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beh @ these remixes

i cannot vote, as i haven't heard them, except the mc hammer one.

soon skazi will find himself out of inspiration sources and he will start remixing movies maybe

skaztrix

skazderman

skazi of the rings

mr and mrs skazi

skazi's twelve

skaztanic

gone with the skazi

skazi must die

skazi impossible

skazi potter

soap operas:

the bold and the skaziful

days of our skazi

skazinasty

the young, the skazi and the restless

sunset skazi on the beach

daskazlass (Skazi Ewing he he)

338011[/snapback]

Bwhahhahhah, thats the funniest thing I've read all week!!

The ACDC remix is particularly awful... one of the worst on the list actually. I sent it on to a friend and here was his response:

Thanks lx, for exposing me to the auditory bliss that is Chromosome's Thunder Truck, which can only be described as a clown-suit-wearing attempt at raping what is already one of AC/DC's cheesiest tracks.

Not only did they mangle the track, they managed to make the name of the track sound like it's being pronounced by someone who has the sides of his tongue cut off, leaving him without the ability to pronounce 's'es.

To make matters worse, this track uses looping crowd noise. You really gotta hand it to these guys for reinventing the turd.

Finally, as though they purposely wanted to just leave the track teetering on the edge of critical-crap-mass, they don't include either thunder, or truck sound effects.

My guess is that they're setting themselves up for a sequel. *makes trucking horn motion*

I certainly missed a few remixes... how the fuck did I forget Acid for Nothing? I hate that track... must be repression at work. Absolum's cover of Owner of the Lonely Hearts also comes to mind (but luckily I've only heard of it)... hehe, anyway - this is an amusing contreversy to wake up to. Carry on!

Well of course tastes may differ, my friend.

For me personally the was the worst part of their set ;)

& as for crowd reaction as a token of quality: "I wish" skazi brutal rmx & Paranormal Attack's version of "Seek & Destroy" were making ppl go insane on any dancefloor they were played, but that doesn't make them great tracks imho.

Sadly, many ppl like something just because they can sing it along from the 1st time they hear it :(

The main thing for me is that there is a huge difference in taking a sample (be it vocal or not) from a wellknown mainstream song & creating something new with it, like "80's virus" by Dino Psaras

OR

just taking the whole song, slapping a psy-kick on it, adding a  (anti-)climax or 2 & letting the Isra-highschool-kids jump-for-joy like all mentioned above.

The first involves creativity & making an effort, the second is just cashing in on what somebody else created & enjoying the ride.

Still, to each their own, but if somebody hears stuff like that & tells me "Goa is for kids" then I can hardly disagree...

338163[/snapback]

I agree with you :)

BUT, for the krueger and coyle case: Their music is very ironic and humorous, at least the way I see it... This is one of the nice things about their live, it´s kinda playfull... I thought that the ´hats are turning´ track fit well in this context, and I think it wasnt purely copying and putting a psy kick on it, but it was changed enough to make it interestnig and creative... do you disagree? I mean, Im not asking if you like the fact that they remixed the track, or if you like the original or the sample, but Im asking if you think that they just copied it and put a kick, and also if you think it was out of context in their live

50 Cent - In Da Club (Sub6 Remix) is pretty fucking awful too... I voted for Sweet Dreams though as it's one of the worst pieces of crap I've heard... :angry: I've heard most of the Prodigy remixes which pretty much all suck - and I'm happy to say I haven't heard the rest... :)

How bout CPU's Last night a dj saved my life remake?

I can't remember who's set it was at Boom 2004, there were a whole host of really bad sets played there, but someone managed to play a madonna remix of something (created by fatali I believe) closely followed by a DALLAS THEME TUNE REMIX!!!!  This sort of thing is surely CRIMINAL!!!!!!!!!!!  Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

*wanders off to canteen in disgust*

338026[/snapback]

The infamous (scratching is cool) Chicago of the 1200 Mics fame (???)

There is a Queen track remix ive heard in Samothraki from Void.Its the worst/funniest ever.Mercury should rise up and kill the bastard.

338187[/snapback]

He should infect him with HIV. Even better :angry:

50 Cent - In Da Club (Sub6 Remix) is pretty fucking awful too... I voted for Sweet Dreams though as it's one of the worst pieces of crap I've heard...  :angry: I've heard most of the Prodigy remixes which pretty much all suck - and I'm happy to say I haven't heard the rest...  :)

338448[/snapback]

This is NOT sub6's tune as far as i know.

My vote goes for Out Of Ideas by Spazzzi.

the AC/DC remix is a laugh riot, i've played it a few times just to lighten the mood. the crowd noise, the guitar riff, it's hilarious shit.

The Hey Boy/Hey Girl remix by Wrecked Machines is okay, too. nice to play early in the morning, lots of people have powerful emotional connections to that song, i've seen people cry when i played it.

Billie Jean is a decent remix..

the other ones are for the most part awful.

I must be the happiest man on Planet Earth, having not heard any of those =)

Me too :lol:

And I hope I'll never listen to any in the future.

I fear the next party :ph34r:

I mean, Im not asking if you like the fact that they remixed the track, or if you like the original or the sample, but Im asking if you think that they just copied it and put a kick, and also if you think it was out of context in their live

338439[/snapback]

I do like the original & I don't like their RMX, BUT they did make an effort towards creating something new insterad of playing copy-cat. It's just a pretty weak proggy track spiced up with a well-known sound. Like "A Different Perspective" by Indika (sampling A Forrest by The Cure) What I do blame them (K&C) for is that they were one of the pioneers of this awful trend :)

Now let's just hope Seb Krueger releases the new Element cd pretty soon (should be in September!) & then all is forgiven :)

If Element has a RMX on there too, I will have no choice but to quit psy-music all toghether! (Just kidding, so don't get your hopes up, all of you :P )

No, it was took off the shelves as soon as it was out. The police took it all away and threw all the copies to the ocean.

340569[/snapback]

many skazi fans died because of that action...

1 minuut silence please :(

Hell and onions, I really don't much care.

Here's what badness came up for a search of "skazi remix" on the friendly local p2p:

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

Nirvana - Even if it is you

Astrix - Poison

Infected Mushroom - I Wish

Offspring - Self Esteem

Prodigy - Out of Space

Metallica - Seek and Destroy

Prodigy - Firestarter

Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Yp

Benny Benassi - Satisfaction

50 Cent - Go Shorty (or is this In da club?)

Sub6 vs Intelabeam - Methanimal

Yecth. Missed a few stinkers evidently.

haha, it will probably a wet dream on the p2p networks if you search for:

BROOTAL UNRLD SKAZI KILLAR RMX