The Shitty Remix Contest

Basilisk

Ok, did I get all the really atrocious ones?

I really think Gataka deserves the win on this one.

I also think Skazi should get a "lifetime achievement" award for his incredibly prodigious output of shite remixes.

Fuck, sometimes psytrance totally blows. Have at it, cool cats.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I had to vote for Tainted Love cuz Dino had the fucken chutzpah to play that track THREE FUCKING TIMES at a festival here. Yeah, he did have two sets but still - what possesses a man to play a shite remix like that TWICE in one set, especially when the Painted Dove version isn't half bad? Dino Psaras is definatly the hieght of suckage these days.

I give Gataka a reprieve cuz I don't know anyone lame enough to play it out and inflict teh horror on people.

Back to the Bourbon.

I dont think minilogue's remix of billie jean is very bad...

its good, in a funny way (it worked in Universo Paralello on the dancefloor I tell ya)

You definitely forgot THE WORSE of THE WORSE : Metallica - Seek & Destroy ( Skazi Rmx )

337975[/snapback]

Metallica - Seek and Destroy (Skazi or Paranormal shite - take your pick)

beh @ these remixes

i cannot vote, as i haven't heard them, except the mc hammer one.

soon skazi will find himself out of inspiration sources and he will start remixing movies maybe

skaztrix

skazderman

skazi of the rings

mr and mrs skazi

skazi's twelve

skaztanic

gone with the skazi

skazi must die

skazi impossible

skazi potter

soap operas:

the bold and the skaziful

days of our skazi

skazinasty

the young, the skazi and the restless

sunset skazi on the beach

daskazlass (Skazi Ewing he he)

bwahahahahaha good topic!!! :lol: I'd just like to say that not onLy do I think these remixes are BAD but also very WRONG!

You know, there was a small, and I mean very small element of amusement when I first heard a remix, can't exactly remember which was the first I heard, but the novelty wore off even before the end of the track. I can't remember who's set it was at Boom 2004, there were a whole host of really bad sets played there, but someone managed to play a madonna remix of something (created by fatali I believe) closely followed by a DALLAS THEME TUNE REMIX!!!! This sort of thing is surely CRIMINAL!!!!!!!!!!! Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

*wanders off to canteen in disgust*

I hate this stuff man!!!

it's like a virus & everybody want's to get infected (get it ;) )

It just shows that many of the artists out there are no different from Gabba's in the late 90's trying to make a Hardcore track out of just about anything.

Hoping that the public would like something, just cause they know it.

Sickening, lazy & just against everything the whole psy-movement stands for..

But there's more unfortunately even in the proggy department:

Hatz are turning by Krueger & Coyle is a lame Midnight Oil rip-off

& @ Waldfrieden Wonderland, Sally Doollally played a rmx of "Come as you are"

PLEASE STOP THIS NONSENSE NOW!

It's not funny it's ridiculous...

somone made a track with the lyrics of 2Unlimited's "Tribal Dance".

This is just total proof of lack of creativity.

Sad thing is that if you play stuff like that on a dancefloor, it really explodes.

Come one man, if you're really into GOOD MUSIC, things like that should make your ears bleed, no?

One rmx I don't really hate is "Summer of Love" by Lani, that gives a psychedelic twist to the Sisters of Mercy's classick ;) Temple of love. But then again that was one hell of a tune, unlike Mc Hammer or Offspring.

I think you guys need to lighten up. I find most remixes pretty funny. In fact I actually enjoy them sometimes. Maybe its because i came from a heavy metal background before i got into psy.

338050[/snapback]

Ye quite funny. For like 2 seconds. When every other track being dropped is some really questionable remix then it becomes quite tedious. I must have heard that 'sweet dreams' remix about a billion times this summer *yawn*

I've only heard the Mr. Vain remix and the Bulletproof vinyl from Dino Psarsas, actually like both songs because I think it's kinda funny. But to hear the same songs again and again at parties would be different...

Seek and Destroy, can't stand it..

And it was played to death a couple of years ago, and the thing that disturbed me the most is that everyony seem to enjoy it / go nuts

let me defend another criticised remix: krueger and coyle - hatz are turning (remix of beds are burning from midnight oil)

its a very good track! and in the original version in the cd, there isnt any vocal sample, just the little melody, which works quite good... the vocal version they play in their lives is good anyway, works very well, like in voov 2004 :)

the vocal version they play in their lives is good anyway, works very well, like in voov 2004 :)

338154[/snapback]

Well of course tastes may differ, my friend.

For me personally the was the worst part of their set ;)

& as for crowd reaction as a token of quality: "I wish" skazi brutal rmx & Paranormal Attack's version of "Seek & Destroy" were making ppl go insane on any dancefloor they were played, but that doesn't make them great tracks imho.

Sadly, many ppl like something just because they can sing it along from the 1st time they hear it :(

The main thing for me is that there is a huge difference in taking a sample (be it vocal or not) from a wellknown mainstream song & creating something new with it, like "80's virus" by Dino Psaras

OR

just taking the whole song, slapping a psy-kick on it, adding a (anti-)climax or 2 & letting the Isra-highschool-kids jump-for-joy like all mentioned above.

The first involves creativity & making an effort, the second is just cashing in on what somebody else created & enjoying the ride.

Still, to each their own, but if somebody hears stuff like that & tells me "Goa is for kids" then I can hardly disagree...

I've had the great misfortune of being subjected to that Trical Dance Remix at a recent party, what a fucking ATROCITY!!!!

But anyways, I actually very keen to hear that Thunder Struck remix, because as this Remix wave has been sweeping over psyland, Ive always been thinking why doesnt someone do a remix of thunder Struck, that track would really lend itself to remixing. But it should be a slow banging techno/houseish remix at like 128 bpm with big swirling agrresive synthlines and lyrics. I already have it all in my head, to bad I cant produce music, you guys would love it im sure. I would tweak Anguses guitar to a whole new level :D

somone made a track with the lyrics of 2Unlimited's "Tribal Dance".

338034[/snapback]

Psysex vs Slider ?

I like it.  :P

338119[/snapback]

I love remixes :lol:

1200 Micrograms - Rock Into the Future -> The Police's Message in the Bottle, no?

And there's a Paranormal Attack remix of a brazilian band called Planet Hemp... song is called "Mantenha o Respeito".

I fucking love it haha

By the way.. I'm gonna download all those remixes to check 'em out.. haha

I'd like to hear a remix of Dee Lite's Groove's in the Heart.

That's a hell of a track!

Fantastic Funky Groove.. I only have good memories of my child hood listening to that!