Dj gear

Players... well, I use cdj 100s, but see the cdj thread for more info on what else is out there:

click Pioneer is the only way to go. Ignore the rest...seriously! Pioneer is normally the standard gear at parties so it's good to get your head around these babies!

I just got this mixer and it is amazing :D I had a Numark back home which I had to leave so my babe bought me this one for my birthday!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can even set the curve on the crossfader! Actually hard to tell you just how awesome it is.... you gotta try it! The nobs and slider are so smooth and really sensitive. Plus there is an extra "tap" function on the killswitches instead of just the usual on/off. The bpm counter is useless( 1-2 bpm out! ), but who needs it anyway?! Not too expensive and pro all the way!

Behringer's mission is to make pro mixers affordable to everyone. Only problem is a lot of them are out of stock cos they sell out quickly! This model, however is still available!

more details here:

clicketh

ok thanx for your advises :)

i think i'll go for 2 cdj 1000 or 800 and possible a numark dmx06 mixer or the behringer vmx300

337813[/snapback]

I just bought my equipment a month ago.

I'd rather spend more on the MIXER than on the CDJs if cash was a problem.

I mean, the cash you save on a CDJ-800 vs the CDJ-1000, spend on the DJM-600 mixer. The Behringer VMX-300 - I bought that one also - is good indeed. I recommend it - it's a very very good deal.

Try this store

www.DJGear.com which is the same as www.sixstardj.com

I bought

2 CDJ-100

1 VMX-300 mixer

1 Technics RP-DH1200

It cost 808 USD + 52 USD Next-Day air shipping.

I already am bitching about the pitch resolution on the CDJ-100s, but oh well. I didn't think the learning curve was so steep when you spent a couple of hours a day practicing.

I'd get 2 CDJ-800 + DJM-600 + Technics headphone

Happy spinning ;)

I use 2xCDJ800 + Numark DXM06

Personally I like this mixer the best for its price.

It sounds amazing at 24bit, nice effects, kills Berhengbla and Stantons

But you may want more than 2 channels for producing.

The 600 is the standard for clubs... but Allen+Heath are better...

Depends what your goals are... if u plan to play out alot, learning the 600 is important.

If you want personal mixer for pro mixing/producing, get the Xone:64

The CDJ 1000 are really good, you can do more tricks than the 800, with hot cues. If your money is overflowing (iwish) then get these. The 800 do have reallllll nice loop buttons tho, and quick return... and half the price!

My advice: only get pioneer CD decks. Everything else sucks.

Everyone here is wrong <_<

cuz they never played with a 200

Posted Image

This

is

the

best

piece

of

hardware

ever

created

for

a

Digital

Jokey

Beat the 100s, beats the 555(it's a upgrade from these tho), beat the 800 beat the fucking 1000 it even beat the freaking DVX1 who plays DVD(yeah i played with everyone of these) Beats EVERYTHING

Has for the mixer...

Numark suck, go for a Pioneer 500 if you have cash, i played with a 300 but it really sucked, i think thats because it was really old and overused...

And for the headphone... well im sold to Sony's MDR-V700. Yeah yeah they're fragile... but the sound quality is so intense... when you play the sound too loud, you're headphone jumps on your head... it's really freaky!

I use 2xCDJ800 + Numark DXM06

Personally I like this mixer the best for its price.

It sounds amazing at 24bit, nice effects, kills Berhengbla and Stantons

But you may want more than 2 channels for producing.

The 600 is the standard for clubs... but Allen+Heath are better...

Depends what your goals are... if u plan to play out alot, learning the 600 is important.

If you want personal mixer for pro mixing/producing, get the Xone:64

The CDJ 1000 are really good, you can do more tricks than the 800, with hot cues.  If your money is overflowing (iwish) then get these.  The 800 do have reallllll nice loop buttons tho, and quick return... and half the price!

My advice: only get pioneer CD decks.  Everything else sucks.

337981[/snapback]

Hey Sundrop, i think it will be the numark´06 mixer :)

I not 100% sure bout the decks yet, but its first in march 06' that i get big cash to shop for :)

This DJ gear is not to be messed up with my producing gear. its only 4 fun :)

For producing im buying a tascam dm24 mixer with a firewire card, so it works as a 24 i/o soundcard :D

DJ'ing is my little hobby. Producing music is my lifestyle :)

oh god, please don't buy a Numark or Behringer or Pioneer mixer if you aren't trying to save money, you'll be kicking yourself later. Recent Behringer products aren't very good - my roommate's started buzzing after 6 months. I've had mine for 5 years, but I wouldn't plug it into anything but my home setup. High-end Numarks that cost upward of $700 like this are okay, but why get Numark if you can get a Rane? Ranes have been the standard high-end club mixers for year and years.

This:

http://www.rane.com/mp44.html

is absolutely the best mixer I've ever played on. Better than the Allen and Heath XZone 62, (i haven't played on XZone 92 yet), light years past Pioneer 600 (which is okay if you can't afford better, but the EQs and sound quality are kind of shitty, that's why high-profile clubs with nice sound systems don's use them anymore.

2 cents..

ps - for CD players, I'd go with Pioneer CDJ 800s or 1000s, or CXM-3000s. Don't like the CDJ-200s at all. <_< The Denon table-top CD decks are really nice also, from what I hear, but I haven't played with them yet.

Hey Sundrop, i think it will be the numark´06 mixer :)

I not 100% sure bout the decks yet, but its first in march 06' that i get big cash to shop for :)

This DJ gear is not to be messed up with my producing gear.  its only 4 fun :)

For producing im buying a tascam dm24 mixer with a firewire card, so it works as a 24 i/o soundcard  :D

DJ'ing is my little hobby. Producing music is my lifestyle  :)

338562[/snapback]

cool! well if thats the case, spend your big $$$ on producing equipment!! we know thats where money truly matters ;) cuz u can always use the top DJ equipment when u get recognized and play the music u make. but the other way doesnt work as often: u wont use other peoples nice producing stuff, by being a good DJ. hehe

the DXM06 will serve you fine for DJ hobby. I havent had any problems, i also have 2 friends with it who love it as much as i do. if you are rough on the crossfaders and volume sliders, they will wear faster than other mixers (my friend had to wait 3 weeks to get his volume slider replaced cuz he was too tough on it). i use mine daily tho, its on 24/7 and no problems so far over 6+ months. people will often bash Numark but, usually they havent used this particular mixer.

yeah u should consider the CDJ100 and CDJ200. the features of the decks are almost unimportant... like effects. all u need is a good pitch adjustment and a reliable pitch hold (it stays at that pitch) thats what the Pioneer CDJ series will give u. :) its surprising how badly some other decks are at holding a pitch... this can make it a nightmare to beatmatch... and its very hard to tell...

good luck, and thats all the advice i got!! B)

I know you said price isn't important, but I would really advice you to ignore the advices to spend insane amouts of money on absolute high end mixers. I myself own a Behringer DX 626 mixer which you can buy for a bargain price of 650 DKr at Aage.dk. It has all the features you will need, and for practicing at home it would be total overkill to buy a mixer for 10-15 times that price - the sound quality on Behringer of course isn't high end, and it probably won't last for 5-10 years, but for practicing it has everything you need. There's GREAT value for the money.

Concerning CD-players I must say that I consider the CDJ100 terribly overrated, but sadly it has become the standard on our scene. CDJ800 and CDJ1000 are great players, but ironically they are almost too good for practicing at home - you will get used to the many features and high pitch-precision, and that could cause you some problems when you get out to play at gigs with worse equipment.

I know you said price isn't important, but I would really advice you to ignore the advices to spend insane amouts of money on absolute high end mixers. I myself own a Behringer DX 626 mixer which you can buy for a bargain price of 650 DKr at Aage.dk. It has all the features you will need, and for practicing at home it would be total overkill to buy a mixer for 10-15 times that price - the sound quality on Behringer of course isn't high end, and it probably won't last for 5-10 years, but for practicing it has everything you need. There's GREAT value for the money.

Concerning CD-players I must say that I consider the CDJ100 terribly overrated, but sadly it has become the standard on our scene. CDJ800 and CDJ1000 are great players, but ironically they are almost too good for practicing at home - you will get used to the many features and high pitch-precision, and that could cause you some problems when you get out to play at gigs with worse equipment.

339038[/snapback]

Hey!

I wrote that price didnt matter because i also wanted to check out what "bigger" systems people would suggest me :) I dont think i'll spend more than 10-15.000dkr on the gear. Regarding to the cd-players; yes i can see what u mean. All those cool features is gonna cause trouble later on in "live" mode :o

Actually before i started this topic i was thinking about buying 2 x Numark Axis 9 or a dual player (Tascam CD-X1700 maybe) and a cheap mixer :)

But i'll need to go and check the different stuff out before i decide what i want :)

what about rodec mixers, I belgium rodec and pioneer are the standard tools (clubs, party)

338739[/snapback]

I guess certain mixers are more locale-oriented, like Rodec - I've never seen a Rodec mixer in the US, though I've heard good things. Pioneer 600 (and the similar Pioneer 3000) are a good buy for the money.

Any CD player will do you fine - Numarks are pretty good, actually. but Pioneer is the industry standard, and the CDJ-100 is the easiest one to use if, say, you had one drink too many. ;)

if price doesn't matter:

2x CDJ 1000

A&H Xone-V6

The realistic choice:

2x CDJ-200

Pioneer DJM707

Been hearing good words about the Numark DXM06, but personally I don't have that positive view on numark..

My DJM-500 is 5 years old and starting to have some problems:

* slightly panned master out

* slight noise when some knobs are turned, sometimes..

* slightly panned head phones output

* volume indicators stuck sometimes (?)

If you're gonig for the DJM5/600 because of the effects think twice.. they're pretty bad..

I'm looking for a new mixer and, dmtree, that Rane looks sweet. A solid mixer that does few things but does damn well is my first impression...

Definately on my check out list :)

bad advice  <_<

339688[/snapback]

dude, i've played on at least 15 different models of CD players, and if you know how to use them, they all work just fine. Even my friends 10-year-old Stantons will hold pitch totally fine. The jog wheel might feel a bit different than the Pioneers, but you can get used to it pretty fast. I've never played on the Geminis, so can't tell you about those. But Numarks, Stanton, Tascam, Denon, Pioneer, American DJs, those are all pretty functional CD decks, imo. I am not a big fan of the Numark low-end Axis 2 decks, but then I've played full sets on them and they worked okay..

I'm looking for a new mixer and, dmtree, that Rane looks sweet. A solid mixer that does few things but does damn well is my first impression...

Definately on my check out list :)

339870[/snapback]

It's the sound that makes the Rane stand out. The levels, and especially the EQing compensation is pretty much perfect. Allen and Heath does it well, too, but the Rane seemed a lot softer, more refined when mixing - the sounds just melt into one another.

But yeah, the A&H has more features, though ones that I would probably never use. :)

dude, i've played on at least 15 different models of CD players, and if you know how to use them, they all work just fine. Even my friends 10-year-old Stantons will hold pitch totally fine. The jog wheel might feel a bit different than the Pioneers, but you can get used to it pretty fast. I've never played on the Geminis, so can't tell you about those. But Numarks, Stanton, Tascam, Denon, Pioneer, American DJs, those are all pretty functional CD decks, imo. I am not a big fan of the Numark low-end Axis 2 decks, but then I've played full sets on them and they worked okay..

339877[/snapback]

that's true BUT most cheaper models wont last for 5 years or longer if you use them every day, so eventualy you are better of with something more expensive. I own a gemini cdj 20 and it does it job way better than all those expensive pioneer cdj's (due to pitchbend buttons wich I prefer over any jog wheel) but it had to be repared 4 times last 3 years so,...

• 2 months later...

i'm learning on a pair of cdj-800s. nice decks! my mixer is a pioneer djm-707. it's a great 2 channel mixer with a lot of good features. all in all about $1500 for the setup. i'm still learning, but i feel it'll help with more complex mixes later on.

one of the main reasons to go all pioneer was the fader start support and pioneer makes awesome dj equip.

that's true BUT most cheaper models wont last for 5 years or longer if you use them every day, so eventualy you are better of with something more expensive. I own a gemini cdj 20 and  it does it job way better than all those expensive pioneer cdj's (due to pitchbend buttons wich I prefer over any jog wheel) but it had to be repared 4 times last 3 years so,...

340120[/snapback]

ive owned American CDI500 and they wouldnt hold a pitch.

i had to sell them because of this, it made mixing impossible.

i know this sounds like craziness, on acid i can tell if the pitch wobbles.

on pioneers i cant hear any wobble even when high.

:lol: